• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Touch Up Paint

Pretty sure that's only 2 coat. 3 coat are the pearlescent colours.
  3. Touch Up Paint

Sorry, should have added that , I have Vision Blue.
  4. Am I the only one who is meh about the MK8?

Thanks for posting that picture.... I love it. I would definaltly consider one of those. Maybe it was because the ST-Line I saw was a five door, it just didn't gel with me as much as that picture you posted. I know my current MK7.5 is 5 door but in TitX spect with the big wheels and chrome sides I think it looks well. Jonathan
  5. Touch Up Paint

What colour paint do you have?
  6. Am I the only one who is meh about the MK8?

The Mk8 looks a lot less training shoe than the Mk7 imo. I'll be getting a 5dr ST though.
  7. Am I the only one who is meh about the MK8?

I too love the look of the new ST, the RS inspired fog lights are one thing that sticks out to me and I love it.
  8. Am I the only one who is meh about the MK8?

There has been a lot of mixed opinion about the Mk8 recently. Here's my two cents... Negatives: In my opinion the Mk8 is lacking a lot at the low budget end of the new Fiesta range, specifically in terms of exterior appearance. I agree with you that these low end cars almost look 'boring/bland', up to and including the titanium model (which is three grand more than the style!). Furthermore, the 'spectacles' that the new Fiesta has are just ridiculous. Positives: I disagree with you about the ST-line (and future ST model). I think they look fantastic. The new front and rear bumpers to the ST-line model make the difference, along with other subtle changes such as the black window trim. Finally, the new (2018) Fiesta ST look awesome in my eyes. I also believe they have gone back to basics with it, making the ST a small, 3 door, 'training shoe' of a car! I mean, look!
  9. Am I the only one who is meh about the MK8?

Photos of the ST and Vignale have already been released. The Mk8 is based off the same platform off the Mk7 so the side profile can't change much. I think they've made all the improvements they needed to, while keeping the great to drive character. Me personally I think the back end is the biggest improvement, and they've also tweaked the lines and pushed down the front to make it more car than wedge shape (back to more like Mk6). The Focus is going to be no different, same platform, if anything it's growing more than the Fiesta has.
  10. Facebook Group photos

Check out the photos from the Ford Owners Club Facebook page and group
  11. Touch Up Paint

So ive bought the Touch up set to sort out a couple of scrapes and im pretty confused. So the instructions say this So first how do I figure out whether mine is a 2 or 3 coat paint? And from what I can gather if its a 3 coat, I need to do 2 base-coats?
  12. Mk5 fiesta camber

Looking to make my Mk5 have a little more stance but I'm not sure on how to adjust it. Would I need adjustable top mounts on the front??? Or adjustable wish bones???
  13. So I have a late 2014 Ford Fiesta Titanium X which we're very happy about apart from the £295 quote for third service. But that's another story. So my dealer invited me to the MK8 launch which my kids enjoyed (free Ice Cream) but I have to say I was quite underwhelmed by the car. I just think the front styling boring although the new LED lights are cool at night. The back is bland, just like squashed CMAX. Side is like a MK7.5. OK, the interior is a huge step up and I test drove the car and, well it drove like my car which is class leading as we all know so all good there. Apart from one thing which was the move of the Cruise Control from the right hand side to the left which I hated. My dealer obviously wanting a sale told me to come in and have a look at the new ST-Line. And again... meh, what the have done with the ST-Line really hasn't made the car much more interesting to me. Look, I know it's a great car and if you have bought a MK8 I wish you well. But unless the Vignale or ST looks a lot more interesting I really don't think I'll get one, I'll stick with the MK7.5 or get a Focus instead. I will stick with Ford anyway as I get Privilege discount. If you look at my car history I am more of a heart than head guy lately when it comes to cars, and my heart isn't in the MK8. Jonathan
  14. Today
  15. Sync3 Firmware and Nav Updates

Put my vin number in and tells me my car but no other details ?
  16. New owner zetec s have question

Thanks guys
  17. Lumbar support handle

Sorted under warranty
  18. Coolant bottle

All sorted under warranty. Thanks for the help
  19. Focus ST Line X 140

If it was late on a Friday afternoon I wonder if they would "notice" a "Tangerine Scream" bonnet on a "Magnetic Grey" car?
  20. Sounds like you've checked most things tbh! Did you check the MAF as well as the MAP? What was the specific air intake fault code? Underboost? The intake pipe from the filter is under vacuum when on boost so shouldn't be hard, boost pipes after the turbo should be hard. Could be faulty injector(s), the 1.8TDCi has a common fault with them around 2008/09.
  21. I always use a Ford main dealer but I wouldn't go near Bristol Street Motors. Bought a Renault Kadjar from them recently. Big mistake.
  22. Windscreen stone chip repair

I had a chip repaired years ago on a Granada. Absolute waste of time. Eventually had a new windscreen.
  23. 2013 Fiesta Powershift Problems

Hi all, I have read through the forum and would like to share the issue I have for the benefit of any advice you may be able to offer. I have a 63 plate Fiesta 1.6 auto. I bought the car from Toomeys in Laindon, Essex in August of 2016 and on pick it up it shuddered down the road from 1st to 2nd gear. I went immediately back in to the showroom and the salesman came out with me. He suggested the issue was due to the ‘front wheel spin’ as I pulled away. Right…Anyway the problem was very apparent and just two days later I went back to Toomeys who washed their hands of the problem and suggested I took it to Essex Auto Group Ford at Dunton next door. Essex Auto Group were superb. They told me there was a known issue with the gearbox, took the car in and resolved the issue. A few months ago my son moved to Dublin to live with his fiancée and took the car with him. It has now been re-registered. Low and behold, a couple of weeks ago the issue has started again, some 8000 miles after the work was carried out. I telephoned EAG and they said they are unable to carry out warranty work on warranty work and suggested I speak to a Dublin dealer, with a view to that dealer speaking with Ford to try to remedy the situation. I asked what work had been completed and they said there was a TCM software update and a new clutch fitted. They said they couldn’t supply any paperwork as it was a warranty job. I have now written to Ashley Ford in Dublin as per their suggestion and am awaiting a reply. If I manage to resolve this issue, is it going to happen in another 8,000 miles? Do you think I have recourse to get this fixed free of charge as surely 14 months on a new clutch is unacceptable? Any help and advice you are able to give would be gratefully accepted. Thanks, Mark.
  24. Focus ST Line X 140

Yeah I did think on the way home about that 😂
  25. Are Modern cars really that fast?

Ditto on the T5 rumble/snarl, I'm not lucky enough to own one but have always enjoyed the times when I've been a passenger in a MK2 ST or RS and the driver has revved it out. The RS in particular never failed to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when revved out hard, you actually "feel" the engine revving out.
  26. Focus ST Line X 140

I love Ford's approach to QC. "That doesn't look quite right but I'm not sure why.....never mind I'm sure it'll be fine and no-one will notice!)
  27. Diesel Stalls At Junctions After Long Journeys.

I'd be VERY surprised if the fuel filter seal replacement doesn't fix your issue, going on the symptoms you've described. Also make sure the "collar" that holds the seal and housing lid in place in nice and tight because the tiniest bit of air getting in can and likely will cause problems. The collar came slightly loose on mine and after 1 hour on the M1 the engine cut out on a slip road in rush hour traffic . The root cause was simply that the collar had worked loose enough that it wasn't applying enough downward pressure on the seal and it had clearly been letting a small amount of air into the filter housing. Tightened it up and 3 months later not had any problems. Don't forget to post back in a couple of weeks etc to let us all know if it's actually fixed.
  1. Load more activity