• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi All, Just wondering if all these fixes turned out to be successful long term fixes as I've bought the sensor today and have the 15mm cut away socket arriving tomorrow?
  3. Dealver vs Private

yes it is about consumer protection rights really, that's the added benefit you get for your extra money (and it will possibly have been valetted, and HPI and insurance write off checked). It happens so often that someone has a problem with a car and they have a cheap bodge fix and sell it quick before it goes wrong again, only for the next owner private buyer to have a problem a few weeks later with no chance of getting the seller to do anything about it. Some cars are worse than others - diesels with dpf problems. ford 1.6tdci with turbos failing and leaking injector seals. So private is a bit of a lottery, even if you think you know what you're looking at it is impossible to check everything properly outside someone's house
  4. Windscreen wiper problems

Fordpartsuk, eBay or Amazon all sell them online.
  5. Things I Don't Like

I hate it when it spits down with little rain. For some reason the car looks more dirty after it spits down compared to a proper shower.
  6. If you could have any car

Rs200 👍👍👍👍👍
  7. Dealver vs Private

Indeed. I love it when dealers seem dead cross with you for lifting the bonnet and checking the levels and looking for leaks (head gasket, rocket cover etc.). I also plugged in my OBD2 scanner after one test drive and the guy looked at me as if I was stupid.
  8. Losing Things Down The Back Of The Handbrake

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE A DRUG DEALER. So if you get pulled over want to hide your stash of coke, shove it down the hole next to the handbrake. Although it's probably just as easy to get caught, because either way you'll never see it again.
  9. Dealver vs Private

The problem is that I don't properly know what I'm looking for. Much more confident with my consumer rights. :)
  10. Windscreen wiper problems

Toothpaste is very slightly abrasive and I saw an improvement in my wiper judder problem after using it, you don't need to use much. Then it was virtually eliminated when I cleaned the whole windscreen with Cerium Oxide that I bought off Amazon. Now I just give the screen an occasional polish with Auto Glym Glass Polish to remove any traffic film and keep it clean..
  11. Today
  12. Windscreen wiper problems

Where’s the best place to get genuine ones from as the only place I can see easily is from my dealer and that just isn’t a convenient trip to make for some wipers
  13. Sync 3 dab track info

[emoji41] Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  14. Losing Things Down The Back Of The Handbrake

The solution- http://www.strongshapes.co.uk/?utm_source=FordOwnersClub&utm_medium=ForumLinks&utm_campaign=referrals Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  15. Of course the problem with deactivating the alarm is invalidating your insurance. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  16. Sadly the 1.0 unit (part no. AM5T) is the one without the track names. The module you will need is SYNC 1.1 (part no. D1BT). On another note, how much are you selling the DAB head unit for pal?
  17. Sync2 Satnav Upgrade

Hi Bannko Please assist with instructions to enable navi on Ford Kuga with Sync II. Warm regards
  18. Puma conversion

You have all the parts you need on the puma for the swap. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Puma conversion

Recently bought a Mk4 Fiesta and a Puma with the hopes of swapping the engines. It’s my first project car and was hoping for some advice about the simplest way to go about it and also if there are any suggestions for parts?
  20. Fiesta Ecoboost 125hp P006A

Problem solving at it's finest!
  21. Dealver vs Private

I think I'd prefer buying private, as long as you know what you're looking for nothing should go drastically wrong within the first few months. Quite a lot of dealership cars are bought from auction anyway, only exception is part-ex and leased cars. Wouldn't like to buy a car after somebody has leased it, there's no chance they followed the engine break in procedure. Rented cars are always the fastest as they say. Let's be honest, you wouldn't dare take your car to the redline very often, but if it's not your car then you don't care if it blows up when you give it back.
  22. Navigation SD Card

sony is the same display where the sd slot is. £260??? gold plated. dealers sell them for £85. if you bought from a dealler it should come with sd card
  23. Fiesta Ecoboost 125hp P006A

well done finding your issue.
  24. Fiesta Mk6 blowing hot air only

On each side of the dashboard you have two cables, one controls the heater knob, one controls the position of the airflow. You have to get where the driver, passager feet are to see under the dashboard. Those cables can pop off easily.. see if they need reattached. Also remove the AC control unit and see that those cables have the top attached to the knob mechanism. I hope it's an easy fix. Good luck!
  1. Load more activity