• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Awf21 gearbox oil service?

there isnt a transmission fluid change interval. 7 litres is the capacity and there is a drain/level plug. and filler plug on top of box.
  3. Strange Ticking Noise When Cold

My 2016 Ford Fiesta 1.5 TDCi have some unusual noise (tick tick ....) form engine bay. Anybody have idea? Ford doesn't know what it's was after two time check. Thanks
  4. I have a 2.2 Ford Mondeo titanium x sport with an automatic gearbox. There's 62k on it with a full Ford service history except one. On enquiring with Ford I'm finding it hard to confirm when the transmission fluid is due to changed. One garage said it's a non serviceable item with no drain plug or filter and another said it is and that it's £280 to change the fluid.... Both have told me it's an Awf21 gearbox and the Google machine says it can be serviced.. Anyone help me shed some light on this?? Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
  5. Today
  6. To add to this , not sure if its relevent. Lately ive been hearing a noise simular to a dump valve , very faintly though. I think it happenes when i change gear , normally hear it the most in third .
  7. Getting under the fiesta!

@Luke4efc its just the itg induction kit for the 1.0 ecoboost, but its a little tricky coz the filter itselfs fits right under the headlamp so you need to unmount this, remove the old airbox filter, etc. And there is this small little black box thats right next to the washer deposit. Its in the middle of the induction kit setting so you just have to relocate it. No pics right not mate, sorry. @zain611 no mate. My friends are not into cars, and the one guy i know is an oldie toyota, that doesnt like modern cars, neither “helps” a lot lol, its sad... @auldreekie hmmm i could try this. I already tried on a curb. The thing is that the front of the fiesta is so low... that there is hardly any place to be able to work. Thanks to all for your answers! ive spoken to a mechanic friend too, that has elevator, if i cant do anything about it ill have to go to him... :( at least the job will be done proper and securely
  8. Hi All, Drove to work this morning and heard the car ding , looked at the display and it read "engine malfunction" , so i pulled over and restarted and all seemed fine , until i put my foot down in second for some speed and noticed the turbo didn't come in , had another 20 ish minutes on my drive in s o i tried it a few more times and as far as i can tell its not kicking in . No ive got on of those code reader units and according to that ive got no codes or no stored codes .Which i found weird as surely the engine malfunction would of stored a code...wouldn't it ?? Its parked up in the multistory now , i cant really try anything till tomorrow , till its light a sim here til 8pm :( .Anyone have any ideas ?. Im wondering if its related to the DPF as i dont really take it on many long journeys , i do normally treat the fuel with one of those wynns things , but havent in the last 3 months , but again if it was blocked wouldnt i have some sort of code or warning light ?? Thanks in advance
  9. Getting under the fiesta!

Spends £250 on an induction kit...won't spend a tenner on axle stands... Not really sure how far under you've gotta go? Probably get away with jacking it up and placing a wheel under the sill just in case the jack fails.
  10. Getting under the fiesta!

I've ran a front or backwheel up onto a spare wheel in the past to get a height though I'm not sure i'd want to use a good alloy . getting up is tricky but can be done.
  11. Can't get mobile to sync with car

behind the glovebox
  12. Can't get mobile to sync with car

Whereabouts is the fuse?
  13. Re Attaching Rear Door Weather Seal

The reinforcement wire is vulcanised inside the rubber material (in the length of the weatherstrips). The composite wire should reduce stretching and also reinforce the rubber. However because of a flaw in the production process the wire inside the rubber shrinks and simply pulls the weaterstrip loose at one or both ends or in corners. Cutting the wire inside the rubber material solves this problem. The rubber of the weatherstrip can be folded open to cut the wire. If I still heve the TSB I will post some instruction pictures of this procedure later.
  14. DPF Filter

You may need to reset the DPF parameters. Can be done with FORScan but not a standard code reader.
  15. Dilemma, What Would You Do?

Basically due to the sort of driving I do, I need to change to a petrol in something Focus sized BUT with diesel running costs...and with a fairly low purchase budget... Impossible right? I've been trying to do this for over a year now, but the newer cars just aren't depreciating quickly enough lol. Mk7 TSI Golfs are still well out of budget. 1.0 Focus' Titaniums still cost more than I can afford at a reasonable mileage but that's what I've been keeping an eye on, could just about get a 100ps Zetec with 60k, but have seen a couple of 1.6 ecoboosts that I could afford to buy in Titanium spec with around 45k... However, being realistic, I couldn't afford the extra running costs so decided against that eventually. I'm still stuck with the diesel at the moment...it's all well and good the gov't trying to force people out of diesels, potentially increase tax in the upcoming budget and 'improve' MOT checks, but for those of us without the funds for a new car (even with a scrappage scheme) there just isn't an alternative currently.
  16. Re Attaching Rear Door Weather Seal

" The TSB describes the procedure to cut the reinforcement wires at a few particualr locations to eliminate the tension on the wire. " Where are these reinforcements located ? Thanks !
  17. How low can you go?

My car has been standing for three days so I decided to check the battery voltage.I was surprised it started at 11.93v no problem 😯.Is this as low as the voltage will go before not starting?
  18. DPF Filter

Hi. Ive just had to change the dreaded DPF filter on my focus 1.6 tdci as it had split. The car is in limp mode with error code P242F which is if im correct DPF filter blocked. AA mechanic tried to clear code but it will not clear. Any one else had any issues with this code. Thanks in advance.
  19. Does Colour Matter?

What do you all think of black, dark grey and midnight blue colours in cars? Do they show the dirt, chips and scratches up well? Liam.
  20. Dilemma, What Would You Do?

Whichever engine configuration I choose in the end, several things that I have made a decision on is, going for a Titanium or Titanium X spec model for all the extras and one with 17inch alloys. Colours I have decided on too: silver, white. Would consider a midnight blue or dark grey but they do show the chips and scratches well. I’ll probably steer clear of red and black unless the perfect one comes along! Liam.
  21. Hey, looking for the previous owner of my car? MATHEW DAY

The sellers friend who I got my car from had a grey focus st diesel. Was the rear lights tinted or tampered in any way because on the day I went to check the car they smoked it
  22. power loss 1.6 tdci

thank you once again for your advice peter. i took the hose off the bottom of the actuator and got the girlfriend to start the car. there was no air at all coming through the hose. was able to follow the hose for a short way but then it disappears into the engine. am currently trying to find a diagram of the path the hose takes online.
  23. Getting under the fiesta!

Don't you know anyone who might have a jack or I've seen these ramps that you can get where you drive the front or back of the car on giving good space to work under the car. You want to make sure everything is secured when working on a car for your safety
  24. Getting under the fiesta!

Lol wait to you want to do a real car mod. Installing an induction kit is about as easy as it gets. I don't have an ecoboost so don't know what box you are on about, do you have a pic? There's a lot of black plastic enclosures on a modern car...
  25. Dilemma, What Would You Do?

True point Tom! The idea of having a 1.0 EcoBoost 125 engine in a bigger car than a Fiesta intrigues me and would be better for the type of driving I do, plus it would be better fuel economy and probably better on insurance. But, the lure of possibly owning a 1.5 EcoBoost with bigger performance, less on fuel economy and higher on insurance is the same as the idea of owning a 1.0 EcoBoost which intrigues me. Whichever enigine configuration I choose, I’ll keep it for 3 or 4 years. So I’ve got to make sure I make the right decision. What recent dilemma did you have Tom? Liam.
  26. Would agree with isetta, I have 16 inch zetec s alloys and the front wheels are already slightly mishapen. I hate potholes as you don't want to go over some of them quickly and hear a 'bang' sound as you don't know if it buckles in the wheel. I have an air leak in one if my wheels and suspect it's the rim. Was looking at some st wheels on eBay and there going for around 200 pounds. One ad caught my eye where all wheels had been referbished however one of them has some surface scratches. Don't think I'll spend this sort of money on parts sadly unless it's something to fix the car.
  27. Getting under the fiesta!

Hi everyone! I finally bought an induction kit for my fiesta. I chose the ITG from all, i feel its one of the best options. Ive been trying to install it but it is a real pain in the as*. Where the filter itself sits, there is a damn black box, that has to be relocated, but this ***** box has to mounting screws, one on top, and the other one on the bottom... that means, that you have to unscrew it from under the car and i don't know how to get there... Whats the best idea for this? i got a jack but i don't trust it, plus the jack its for swapping wheels...not going under the car. I was thinking of parking the car on a curb... not sure of what to do. Just need to remove this screw and im done! Thanks!
  1. Load more activity