• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Exhaust specifications needed.

Good luck in finding that info mate lol.
  3. 2013 1.0l Ecoboost engine rust. Problem?

Thats a better translation than Google did. :)
  4. Its on me profile 2014 zetec. Should be good then just waiting for the snow drift to clear. If our garage had no cars in it I could do it in style in the warmth and comfort of a garage with an inspection pit and fully carpetted lol Madness!
  5. Window Tinting

I haven't got the skills, can't even put a screen protector on my phone without bubbles.lol
  6. Havent bought a tool in about 20 years - my old dads 4 car garage has just about every tool under the sun from mig welders to engine hoists he even dug his own inspection pit and built his own car lift from old bits he found in the local cowp, there is even an old converted vacuum cleaner he used as a car spray - we didnt have much money in the 60's so he built everything himself , even built his first garage at his dads house - he was some man. Working on cars now isnt as much fun its really just a necessity for me now. Still havent had the heart to clear the garage out its still got his Jensen Interceptor, Opel Manta B SR, Lotus Excel Eclat and E Type Jag (Canary Yellow lol) sitting rusting its a real shame! The garage is even fully carpetted believe it or not and double glazed with his own central heating system installed. Everything in it is self built including all the tool racks , cupboard and workbenches - I have to work on my cars outside on the driveway lol All the old names for tools as well - they dinny ken me when I talk about mole grips and cummels lol
  7. Remap thoughts

So they're claiming it's their own GENERIC remap... IE, they've developed it over thousands of miles but it's still a generic file.
  8. Dash cam advice!

I know what you mean, if you stick with uk sellers its half the battle but seriously its a great little camera easy to get installed, there is a guide on here somewhere for hard wiring it into car which I would recommend for any cam as it a lots better that using up the power sockets and having wires trailing every where.
  9. Window Tinting

You're answering your own questions. You say you have the skill, yet you keep ruining the film etc. This is what you pay professionals for, their Time, knowledge and experience as well as materials etc
  10. 1.0 petrol versus 1.5 petrol

Yes it is under powered for the focus had a 1 ltr and put it in for a 1.5 the difference is like night and day imho Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  11. Electrical problem

On Saturday gone I went shopping which the supermarket is only 10 minute drive away and the stereo was working fine. Came out of the supermarket an hour later turned the key and the radio didn't come on like it normally does and wouldn't turn on! I checked all the fuses and none of them have blown, I even checked the one in the back if the radio and it was fine. I've checked all of the connections and they are fine. The radio still doesn't work and I'm stumped! I'e phoned ford and they want to charge £50 per hour to find the fault. Has anyone any suggestions before I go to ford to try and find whats wrong with it?
  12. Window Tinting

So I want to have a go at tinting my windows as I refuse to pay somebody upwards of £100 when I know I have the skills to do it myself. I've tinted the back glass on my dads van (pretty much flat glass) and had a go at doing the side windows on my car which were pretty easy. However, the back glass on the Fiesta seems extremely curvy and difficult to shrink the tint onto it. People will say take it to a professional and they all say it's really difficult to do, but I think they just say that to protect their trade if you get me. Has anyone on here tried to tint the mk7? If so what tint did you use and what heat settings etc.? I seem to either shrink the film to quickly and it scrunches up and creases on itself or I don't apply enough heat and as soon as I squeegee over it just creases.
  13. Today
  14. Mk 2 or Mk 2.5 Front Camber Correction

anytime someone mentions camber , all i can think of is this........ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afO0KZCt9GI :-D
  15. 2013 1.0l Ecoboost engine rust. Problem?

FDM is the Federation of Danish Motorists - a spin-off of the Danish 'Motor' magazine.
  16. MK7.5 Fiesta ST-Line - Subtle Mods!

I know what you mean, I have them on my Mondeo but not on my Fez. I like the looks of them but I think they create wind noise, not reduce it. I’ve just scrolled back up and had a wee look at the car again and because of the black Window surround rather than chrome it actually looks better than standard if you know what I mean. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  17. Good to see an update on here. Really can't wait to see the rear bumper. I don't like how it goes up halfway the body as the plastic just kind of ruins the look.
  18. MK7.5 Fiesta ST-Line - Subtle Mods!

If I was getting wind deflectors I'd probably go with team heko but I'm like you and not too sure about getting them. Really I want to make my car look original without it standing out too much.
  19. Parts identifying

Ford Transit FY (2000-2006), Transit GY (Turkey) 2000-2006. Part Number 1C15-2M110 BC. Anti-Lock Braking System (to 17/12/2006) Modulator, FWD, All 260/280/300 series, 4 wheel Anti-Lock Braking system, Less anti-spin traction system. From:01/02/2002 To 17/12/2006. (note the same part number was also used for the same module from 2000-2002, so this seems like an updated version of the same part). Sounds like the ABS pump module to me.
  20. 1.0 petrol versus 1.5 petrol

I've driven a Fiesta 1.0 ecoboost which was great but is it not a tad underpowered for the Focus?
  21. R.I.P Dolores O'Riordan

Wasn't she gorgeous? One hell of a voice too!! R.I.P Dolores
  22. Why would there be a micro if it cannot connect to anything?
  23. Twin exhaust system

Forgot to ask, is yours remapped? If so did you do it before or after the exhaust?
  24. Hi All, Very new to this forum...I have just swapped my 1.6 ecoboost for a newer 1.5 ecoboost Focus, both with the higher 180bhp spec. Has anyone tried a remap on the 1.5? Most companies quote a 15-20bhp increase which does not seem much at all for the £300-400 price tag, so trying to decide if it is worth it. I like the look of the bluefin, which although a generic map has the bennefit of installing/uninstalling quite easily Cheers
  25. Hello, just ordered Mondeo Estate (St-Line Edition). Standard Sat Nav inc but the Sony is a £540 option. As far as I know the Nav is exactly the same with both. So it's basically £540 for 12 Sony speakers. So, what's the view of the forum? Is it worth it for better sound quality or is standard system good enough? Thanks in advance. Ant
  26. Hi! First post. I have a Mondeo MK IV 2014 with a 6000CD radio. First owner did not buy the bluetooth option. A new law here in Sweden, from feb 1 2018, forbids any handheld phones. I do hope I could retrofit my car with the bluetooth module. I have Googled myself blue..... in finding the correct part number an and some instructions on Youtube of how to do it. I don't need USB, just want my phone to work. I think there is a built in microphone from factory, but I am not sure. Is it? Thanks in advance!
  1. Load more activity