• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. nice snow pic

My neighbours have been busy...
  3. Control arm bent, drop link snapped...as Stoney says, needs to get in the air and have a full check over, though with luck nothing else will be mullered.
  4. Keyless start

Christ, didn't they un-pair the missing key before flashing a new one? That could potentially have left a live and functioning key at large.
  5. Today
  6. Hi Folks, I fitted an upgrade kit and all was great for months then all of a sudden the O/S light went off. I thought it was the bulb but I could not get a replacement locally so I bought another kit. After fitting it the lights started working and I thought great, but half a minute later it went out again????? if I switch the lights off for 5 minutes they start up again but the O/S fails again shortly after.Can anybody give me some ideas as to what’s causing this issue.
  7. SYNC 1.1 APIM module configuration

At this time I do not have the SYNC 1.1 APIM configuration of the 10 speaker Sony audio system. To retrieve the correct configuration I need a license plate number or VIN number of a Focus MK3 with a SYNC 1.1 based 10 speaker Sony audio system. Unfortunately these are very hard to find.
  8. Dash cam advice!

Kpg I was looking into one similar to this, goluk t2. I like the look and descretness they provide. I only have two queries that I’m hoping you can answer: 1. Have you managed to put it into your fuse box with a piggyback fuse? 2. I think you have a focus titanium like myself? If so where did you put the camera? There’s a lot of sensors etc on our windscreens and I wanted it as hidden as possible. Ben
  9. Key snapped in ignition

Yeah, any new key with or without New barrel will need to be programmed; if you getting new barrel, do consider door locks too; if you are able to retrieve broken key save the barrel than it will just the matter of new key which will fit into ignition and doors too.
  10. Engine service diy 😬

The filter is located on the front right hand side bottom of engine, it's the white one in photo
  11. Ford Focus mk2 1,6tdci - 18" alloys - Eibach springs - Remaped - Custom exhaust Next is Focus CC front bumper.
  12. Guide: Fitting Bonnet Damper Strut Kit Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5

Im unable to view the pics, im a premium member.
  13. Engine service diy 😬

yeah, I don't know to be honest, I can find the 1.6 1.8 and 2l TDCIs blindfolded, but petrols....no idea. if your serious about doing work on your car one of the very first things id recommend is a Haynes manual, it will save you a fortune in the long run!
  14. Headlight Pattern

Welcome! That's what its here for! :) This site is full of very knowledgeable folk. Search and you will probably find the answer, if not then you can always ask!
  15. Keyless start

Yes i read that as well so i placed a key in the car and used the wifes to lock it in which it did when i reopened it the fob still worked i thn sat in car with my fob and tried locking my self in with fob it wouldnt let me so you can only lock fob in car using another fob when ford returned my car i tried the third fob it works fine just glad the problem is solved and hopefully helps if any one else as similar sittuation
  16. Keyless start

Result! Those keysless fobs cost hundreds, the previously lost key should have been deactivated once locked in the car though meaning it shouldn’t be able to start the engine not sure why it did.
  17. That wishbone looks like it has taken a hit. I'd check the driveshaft and steering rack too.
  18. Key snapped in ignition

Hi my key broke inn the ignition it has just snapped I was wondering if I change the barrel with a new key would I need to program it in or something for the immobilizer.
  19. syync upgrade

hello, I have recently purchased a 2013 fiesta, and it has the sony sound system in it, and was wnddering are you able to upgrade it from that sync version to the newer sync 3. and also are their original ford touch screen units available. as have seen bits online but have been completely unable to find any in uk all where American, was that an option in uk. and if so can you fairly easily get them upgraded. from non touch system to touch screen ?
  20. Headlight Pattern

So glad I found this thread...... I been searching tinterweb all night as I fitted new Philips bulbs in my focus and having exactly the same "star shaped" poor output as Neali posted... I had also placed the bulbs into the connectors , prior to fitting in the headlight. (Thought they were too tricky to place) I will hopefully correct them tomorrow...... I too will live and learn!! 😂
  21. Engine service diy 😬

Thank you biff55 and dee_83 for your replies... will perhaps leave the flush on your advice I only considered it because my mpg has dropped dramatically only returning 29mpg at the mo... it’s never been the most economic Car in the world but it certainly used to do better than that! Many thoughts on where my oil filter might be ? Have tried looking but can only find Diesel engines showing where it is mine has a different engine layout to them! Cheers
  22. Yesterday
  23. Mountune?

Have you checked to see if the previous owner did a mountune remap? You can contact mountune to see. Most likely will ask for the reg or even the vin. When I got my fiesta the previous owner said its had a mountune remap along with other mechanical work such as clutch, water pump and timing belt. The seller said he'll send the paperwork out but never got anything. Contacted mountune, gave them the reg and vin and they said they can't find anything saying it's been done. Never really trust anyone unless they have proof. Car sellers try to be the nicest to you but don't be fooled by that.
  24. Now the front right wheel is going into the arch. I can see one steering support snapped but aside from that the rest is OK. Would the snapped column be enough to cause this or has the wishbone been bent to further cause this? I've parked it up on the roadside for the night. It will need recovery to the garage. I managed to move it from a hazardous corner to a main road.
  25. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

I would not bother. Sleeves, in my opinion, are often more cosmetic than functional. They hide untidy jobs, but do not prevent contamination unless the sealed type, and do little to prevent bending and stressing of the joint. Carefully tying the joined wires to adjacent wires will keep bending and vibration down. With that many wires, there will not be much movement. The silicone will keep moisture and dirt away from the solder, and reduce the likelihood of accidental short circuits. The joints will be a weak point, that is for sure, the solder is more brittle than copper wires. But if they are not bent or disturbed or corroded, they can last for many years.
  26. Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Anyone who ordered in November time been given a date yet? No build date here get good to see some people’s arriving now!
  27. MK3 Focus - What not to do with FoCCCus...

Been there, done that, bought the tee shirt, read the book, seen the film, had a divorce, all because I wanted cruise control 😂
  1. Load more activity