• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Heating and blower was working. It suddenly stopped working i looked at the fuse in the fuse box in the engine and find the 30 amp fuse blown for the blower i changed the fuse and it blow it straight away. I have put a new motor in a new resistor in. I changed the switch and all the dials on the bit by CD player. Because the resistor had blown a few times before. I am now stuck with what it could be it is costing to much money in replacing bits every time something blows.
  3. Windscreen wiper problems

If you have ever used Rain-X or anything similar you will need something stronger to get it off. Talking to the customer service advisor for Bluecol Rain Repellent, he recommended White Spirit to me. It did work, but minimally.
  4. DPF replacement, argh!

Paypal Return Shipping on Us: https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns If he is a business:- Have a read: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations#cancelling-goods-and-services If he is arguing the toss, and refusing, then just refer it to eBay. You will need to pay for return shipping unless eBay send you a label, but you should receive a FULL refund of what you paid (including any shipping costs for them to send it to you if not Free delivery). Remember to try and claim back your return shipping if you do have to pay for it.
  5. Sync 3 dab track info

It just needs turning on in the settings menu. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  6. Dash cam

It all depends on your budget, I have a drivepro 220 in the front and drivepro 200 in the back which I think cost about £200 for the 2 but I can’t remember. If money was not a factor then I would be going for a BlackVue set up. Regardless of what you get I would recommend getting one with GPS as that will show your speed. The 220 in the front has GPS and the 200 doesn’t as I only need the speed recorded in one of the feeds, saved a bit of money like that too. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  7. 2013 1.0l Ecoboost engine rust. Problem?

Ive checked our 1.0 100ps fez and the pipes are as clean as the day they left the factory, thank goodness. Will still look into treating them though Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. Today
  9. Yesterday
  10. Hi there, A few months ago I bought a Ford Fiesta 1L Ecoboost (125bhp), Titanium, 63 reg. I have been having no trouble with connecting my phone and others via bluetooth to Sync media, however when playing music via bluetooth my car does not display track names/artists, but it does when playing music via the USB wired connection. A friend of mine has a lower spec fiesta (zetec), but a newer model (14 reg) and can get their bluetooth mode to display track names... I have been warned that these systems wok better with android phones rather than iPhones (which is what I have) and it is an android phone that my friend uses. Has anyone found similar issues? Or knows whether a 63 reg car is simply not new enough to support the track name information when in bluetooth mode, despite being high spec? Both my Sync and iPhone software are on the most recent updates... Any ideas? Thanks! drward1
  11. Hi Everyone! Has anybody had their Fiesta Revo tuned and if so to what stage and is it worth the price?
  12. Ford Focus Brake light probiem

Hi TomsFocus, Firstly thank you for taking the time to help When i I tried my original one it didn’t work. However I didn’t realise until after the fuse was blown. Im going to pick up my old boot from the scrapyard as we swapped it over on site and try again. Any other ideas are most appreciated. The brake pedal switch is another option. Does anyone know if you can test the circuit by say placing a voltmeter on the fuse points or something to see if a signal is being sent and try to work out where the issue might be?
  13. Help please, car doing a funny thing

Is this not the "hill start assist"? Mine does something similar whenever I've stopped in traffic. I never use the handbrake (except when I'm actually parked up), but had noticed a "drag" sometimes when setting off after an auto-stop in traffic. I suspected it was the hill start thing so switched it off in the vehicle settings menu and the drag went away. I've since switched it back on and modified my "setting off" driving style.
  14. Hi, SO I was wondering if anybody could help/link me to any information on how to fit a cosmetic exhaust tip onto my fiesta as the exhaust pipe is angled, and if anyone knows what specifically an air filter/induction kit would do and whether it would make the noise sound better/louder? Regards, Luke
  15. Help please, car doing a funny thing

Would hill start assist effect the feel of the breal pedal? Because this seems like the most logical option to me. Nothing else seems off about my car
  16. Windscreen stone chip repair

It's actually quite easy to fix as long as it's like less than an inch wide yourself if you can get a kit from amazon or whatever. Making sure the area is clean is key. The rest can be achieved with a bit of epoxy and air pressure.
  17. Sync 3 dab track info

Picked up a new focus st line x on Friday, my old fiesta used to display the track names and artists when using the dab radio. In the focus however it doesn't? I know it's a newer sync system than what I had in my fiesta but thought it would still display this info? Any ideas? thanks in advance :)
  18. Mk2.5 2011 TDCI Not Starting - Any Ideas?

I'd also lean towards the alternator as a starting point. As @TomsFocus states above, check the wiring to it as well as the connector/plus can get corroded. The SmartCharge system can push the better part of 18 volts through the battery, so if the sensor/smartcharge cable or connector isn't working properly the alternator could be frying your nice shiny new battery. Oh and I wouldn't bother taking it to a "Ford" dealer/garage, any independent worth 10 bob should be able to sort it, in part because it one of the most common cars on the road!
  19. DPF replacement, argh!

Just open a "not as described" case on ebay and attach a scan of whatever you got from Ford stating the dpf is the wrong model. Once a return case has been approved the shipping label (through ebay) is usually free, or at least is was last week when I returned something myself!
  20. Windscreen stone chip repair

Thanks for all the replies guys. I am going to get it sorted at Halfords tomorrow (not through insurance because the repair excess is £25!). The chip itself is just above the driver's eyeline, so a repair shouldn't obscure my view. In terms of the repair... is it likely that the heating elements in the windscreen are going to be damaged? Thanks again
  21. Where do you want it to show up? You'd need a new stereo and screen to have it factory fitted and show up on the head unit. There's those screens that mount to the rear mirror if you don't want to mess around. All depends on what end result you're after.
  22. Im looking to wire in a reverse camera to my fiesta and i am wondering what the best way to do this would be? Thankyou
  23. MK7 1.4 Petrol oil consumption

Short journeys will wear the engine out quicker. It doesn't give the oil enough time to get to temperature and lubricate everything properly. You could be burning oil due to bad piston rings. Are you noticing any blue/greyish smoke out the exhaust?
  24. Help please, car doing a funny thing

The American way of saying hand brake +1 for hill start assist. My brakes feel like they stick when I set off too soon sometimes.
  25. If you could have any car

Any Mclaren as a daily but a Ferrari for the weekend together with a leggy blonde [emoji23] Sent from my iPhone
  26. New to site

Hi Welcome
  27. New to site

Hello I've just brought a mk1 ford focus 03 plate for only £250 good buy though I think after having a Vauxhall vectra 1.9 desiel Sri for the last two years awful thing
  1. Load more activity