• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

Everything is old kit. If it was from moving, checking etc the connector head then fine. I actually plugged the ecu in whilst ign on by mistake, then the ecu whirled into life with a sound. Went to start car and heard fuel pump prime then boom!
  3. Hello

Hi Welcome
  4. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

But I haven't done anything!!!! I don't get it, 12v constant was pierced and green so block connected it, surely that wouldnt be it?
  5. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

I had that a couple of years ago, a weekend of struggle & trying, then the relief when it finally came back to life made me quite shaky and peculiar for a while! When you have recovered, let us know what you did, and what you think happened. New ECU or old?, Or maybe it was a bad connection at the ECU. (The F8 connection will only go live with R11 in and energised, and it either needs the ECU in to energise it, or a jumper wire.)
  6. May be leaving ford :( is this a good deal?

That's a lot of money for a car you won't own.
  7. Hello

Hi everyone , I have finally joined now that I have bought my second Focus I thought I would join. My first focus was a 2005 mk1.5 tddi with the vast cl spec. I sold it after 10 Years of ownership with 283k miles on the clock (original engine , box , exhaust ) when the box started jumping out of 5th. Here is the car when it got sold. The new car is a Mk3.5 1.6 (125) powershift in zetec trim. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Have s max 2.0 tdci changed turbo and boost solenoids m get clean but looses boost and big malfunction light comes on no indication of injectors when aa plug in scanner anyone had same issue what did you do to cure its only got 89k
  9. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

Plug ecu on to check something and I heard a weird sound from ECU, then started ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
  10. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

Omg the car started!!!!
  11. Rear seats

Hi, I have had problems with the rear seats folding, when I press the button in the boot it clicks but the seats don't fold down. My local Ford garage says they are waiting on FORD getting back to them for a fix on this problem. 6 months wait and still no fix from FORD. Has anybody else had this problem and had it rectifed.
  12. hello fiesta mk6 owners!!

No worries ๐Ÿ‘ next upgrade im doing is Installing halo lights to the fog lens. These give out a white light and also a amber light which is used as part of the indicators. Yeah the side repeaters do look nice. It blends in with the black paint and looks though I've deleted it. Good to see you took your time searching for it. It didn't take me long to find this one. Only thing which upsets me with it is that the previous owner said he's done the clutch, water pump and timing belt and he said he'll send the paperwork of all the work he said was done but nothing turned up which doubts me to if he was lieing. Thankfully though the car has grown on me and managed to get all the injectors reconditioned as it used to run lumpy when started after being left for over 2 hours. Also came with HIDs and a built in USB port. Bodywork is immaculate apart from 4 dents. It's a nice size engine and pulls you back in all gears. This is my second car, my first car being a 1 litre Peugeot 107 so was a bit of a jump in power difference. I wanted something cheap to run as my Peugeot and something which looks sporty so came across this. Check out colourlock, I bought products from them to clean the leather on the seats. The driver seat I saw the most improvement. They sell leather cleaner, conditioner and a sealant which protects it from friction damage. I don't think I'll be touching the interior as the red dashboard kind of sets it off however I might get some stainless steel door sill protectors with the S badge on it. If you search on ebay there is a nice set of stainless steel door sill protectors for the mk6 zetec s. Lol I'm not sure with exhausts. I'd personally straight pipe it as you don't really get any drony or raspiness. With some diesels you'll get more of a diesel roar when it's straight piped. Don't know whever to change my stereo to the Sony one some of the fiestas came with.
  13. Focus Mk3 1.6 -low compression (under warranty)

Well I got the car back yesterday. The complete works carried out was : Head tested and New valves ( at least 1burnt valve) fitted. New head gasket New spark plugs (cost me ยฃ73) Timing adjusted Itโ€™s running lovely now and as an added advantage the gearbox has been reset so itโ€™s now super smooth at low revs. What I donโ€™t know 100% is what caused the burnt valve. At the moment Iโ€™m think it must have been a faulty plug causing a carbon build up. Here is the car finally back [emoji3] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

All 4 grounds (as per Ford Tech) = 0.03ohms
  15. To diesel, or not to diesel.....that is the question!

At least an engine of that size and speed won't highlight the backwards step in handling from the mk 4 so much! ๐Ÿ˜‚
  16. Replace leather seats with cloth.

Think the standard UK Ti X is partial leather anyway. Not sure about other Ford options for fabric hearted seat with electric adjust.
  17. To diesel, or not to diesel.....that is the question!

I reckon to achieve the official 0-60 time you'd struggle to get 20 MPG!
  18. To diesel, or not to diesel.....that is the question!

Official figures suggest 0-60 in only 12 seconds in the Mondeo! Love to see the true mpg figures....
  19. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

F21 - ign feed - 0v, batt voltage with ign on F9 - constant 12v -12v with ign on or off F8 - 0.05v ign on, 0.01v ign off. Seems f8 not playing ball
  20. To diesel, or not to diesel.....that is the question!

I'll be honest mpg isn't too important to me (although I see fuel is creeping up in price again!!), as long as I'm not getting under 30mpg. As I'm self employed, car usage is tax deductible, but what I like is a car that will cruise when I want it to, but also have a bit more in reserve for overtaking/more spirited driving ๐Ÿ˜‰. Reliability is very important too, as we are a one car family and use it daily. This is why my original post asked about any potential reliability issues if moving to a diesel engine with the kind of travelling I do. We all know diesel engines have great torque and therefore offer good levels of acceleration when required, but it seems turbo petrols are catching up. With all the information given from everyone on here (and I thank you all for this), I'm going to hold on to my 1.8 Titanium for another year, then look again. At 59k it's unlikely the clutch with fail over the next 12 months, especially with the mileage I do. And it'll be just in time to miss the cambelt replacement at 10 years old ๐Ÿ˜‰. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
  21. and in the transit phev
  22. To diesel, or not to diesel.....that is the question!

Wow, I bet that feels similar in terms of "making progress" to the 99 BHP 1.6 petrol in the MK2
  23. Screen washers

I found that when I swapped out the normal washer jets for mist jets, my screen wash would last a lot longer than before.
  24. To diesel, or not to diesel.....that is the question!

And the 125bhp version of the 1 litre petrol engine is fitted to the big, heavy Mondeo too!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ O-60 in 3 hours??
  25. Today
  26. Pothole Damage

Yes, if Vehicle Excise Duty was ring fenced for highways spending then things would hopefully be far better for all highways users. Thus as it's just a general tax, what little gets spent on highways is being spread so thin that it's not helping.
  27. Thanks stef & isetta, I've now found the problem and I must confess to feeling like a 'right plonker'! I've got a broken offside coil spring I lifted the bonnet this aft to get a couple of video clips when I noticed that the car looked too low at the offside front. I then took a blind video behind the wheel; I put this spring on 4.5 years and 50,000 miles ago by the way. I'm hoping to replace it this weekend. With hindsight, I think I was pre-disposed to jump to the conclusion that it was the PAS pump. Thanks again folks, H..
  1. Load more activity