• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Focus ST Line X 140

friend worked for a certain British SUV dealership back in the 80s - factory managed to deliver a metallic green vehicle with a grey tailgate fitted, no idea how that got past QC, then again they did also manage to deliver vehicles with no engine ecu fitted so they had to be pushed off the transporter
  3. Is it worth parting out a scrapper?

Wheels are easy to sell with good tyres as it's cheaper than buying just new tyres, but being budgets and looking a bit scruffy, not worth much. If you do remove the wheels, the scrap yard often charges extra (or pays less) to lift it rather than roll it so you don't gain anything. The cat will be worth some money if it's original (aftermarkets aren't!) but again the yard will pay less for the car with it missing. Any nice options on it such as cruise or sat nav? You'll probably get the most money in the shortest amount of time and least hassle by selling to one of those places that advertises 'scrap cars wanted for cash', they often pay more than scrap yards in my experience.
  4. Philf1's Nitrous Blue Focus RS

Saw a copy of a letter today from Ford in the US, they’re recalling RS’ for the head gasket issue - hopefully UK isn’t far behind! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Mk3 Dashcam Fitting

Also, how do I know if I've got auto high-beams (car isn't on the road yet so can't road test)? Is it a Titanium feature or optional/xenon only? If it uses the dimming mirror sensor I'll have to make sure I don't cover it with the dashcam if so...
  6. Mk3 Dashcam Fitting

Ah ok, no problem. Everything seems expensive to buy when you're as tight as I am lol... I'll have to measure the camera to see how little I can get away with, currently got this saved in the watch list, not sure which size to go for yet though. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Double-Sided-3M-Self-Adhesive-Sticker-Sticky-Pad-Mounts-Pads-for-Dash-Cam-Camera/253325693178?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=552484681953&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
  7. Mk3 Dashcam Fitting

Afraid its all been used now as this was over a year ago, its not expensive to buy but sure does come in handy.
  8. I've got a 2007 Focus 1.8 Zetec Climate and the MOT's just condemned it to death The engine's had it and it had a few advisories on corrosion last time too. Is it worth selling anything removeable or just get it towed 'as is'? Although the tyres are new, they're only cheapies and the wheels were on the advisory list for flat spots on the last couple of tests Is there much of a market for spares off it, given its age ?
  9. Focus ST Line X 140

Joe, car looks stunning. I am about to order a 1.5 TDCi ST-Line X in Black (tempted to try Automatic too) and was wondering (as I currently have a Titanium 2016) does it have the full interior lamp set (with map lights), does it have the red theatre lighting in the roof console, does it even have a roof console, with sunglasses holder and finally does it have the theatre lighting in the door casings and footwells as Titanium?
  10. Today
  11. Hello

Hi Welcome
  12. Dash Cam Installation

Do you get a lot of sunlight glare off the dash etc as i have a filter on my A119 which helps a lot,i would look at the f770 being cheaper but it fitting it with this stupid plastic cover as i would have to go onto plastic cover.
  13. Ford focus st-line x remap?

It is highly unlikely that there will be a bluefin remap any time soon. From the bluefin website: Despite being pretty much the same engine (albeit different gearbox), they will not release one until they have completed the testing and validation.
  14. Fiesta titanium

According to Honest John your 1.6 Official is 48.7 mpg most people get : 41.7 mpg so do you: drive smoothly, accelerate gently and read the road ahead to avoid braking unnecessarily. ... Keep rolling – stopping then starting again uses more fuel than rolling. ... Change up earlier – don't labour the engine
  15. Edge bike rack

The trailer is out of the question. I wouldn't drive through half of Europe with trailer simply because of 2 bicycles. I am sure I would be able to find there cheap 2nd hand ones / rent it .. much cheaper than whole operation with tow bar. But after deeper look in to topic, I found there is loads of universal high mount bike racks as well some new amazing suck on to the glass systems. So yes we do have options and more of them than initially would seems to be. Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
  16. Ford Sync Updates

Hi. I have tried the to upgrade SYNC v. 03.00.09 but i had no succes doing it. I have a new formattet USB 4.0GB and i tried both version that are linked to in this thread. I says this "Installation failed, not enough space or not compatible with this version" Is it because i cant update from 03.00.09 to 5.8 are there any loopholes to get the right version? Do i have to use the master reset before installing the new version? /Rasmus
  17. Hello, this is my first post on the forums but I can't think of a better place to ask this question. My 52 Plate Fiesta Finesse is a bit rusty underneath, the previous owner didn't take particularly good care of the underside - since it's mine now and only 70k on the clock I've replaced a few parts Brake pads Brake disks Water pump Expansion Coolant Tank Battery Thermostat Full Engine Service (Sump plug, sparks, oil, filters, etc) Ignition Coil Second hand filler neck (Rusty not corroded) However, the underside is rusty - not corroded. So I was wondering if there's an ideal solution to fix it up myself, and what tools I would need? I will be getting a jack to crawl under it. Whilst at the garage the mechanic showed me a leaky corroded filler neck and I noticed some of the rust, the garage and 2 other garages have confirmed it's in good condition for it's age and these are just age related issues. I want to get it cleaned up before it's MOT in July now winter is done with. Thanks, Dean
  18. Hello

Hi there, I'm a newbie on here and currently own a Focus Titanium Navigator Estate. I only bought the car in August, it' a 2014 plate, and I can say I've had no problems. It's my 1st Ford and hopefully one of many. Andy.
  19. Fiesta titanium

So mines is 1.6 Petrol, most I have had in a full tank is 330 but that was going from Edinburgh to Leeds to see family. im getting 32mpg, my journey from where I stay is country road, motorway then a 2 min journey along a main road. I have had a look everywhere even had a ford technician look at the car and he cant turn the shift indicator on, he assumed that i shouldn’t have it, as it was only available on 2010 models and younger, but that doesn’t explain why my car shows it on my dash
  20. Clunk clunk clunk

haha, I was meaning it metaphorically sounds like the engine has fallen off, meaning for some reason, if turn on the car, lock the steering to the side then accelerate hard, it makes a tremendous CLANG! sound :) its perfectly normal, albeit, somewhat bazar! it wont fail an MOT for that As for the drive shaft, of course its perfectly possible that the CV join is dud but I'm not sure where his getting that opinion from, if its just the clang sound then its easy to double check, the ABS will only do it the first time once it hits a certain speed, I think its around 10MPH, so if you turn the car on, then turn the wheel and accelerate it will make the noise, without turning the engine off, come to a stop and do it again. if its is the ABS, then you wont hear it again as it only does it the once until you turn off the car. A knocking CV joint isn't an MOT fail either as long as its intact and not leaking! the ABS makes the noise in a straight line as well but when turning its much louder, at least it is on mine! if your considering doing it yourself then you might as well take a look at the control arms, the bushes will be perishing if they haven't been replaced already, since you need to do 90% of the work to get the drive shaft out, you might as well time it and do the whole control arm at the same time. taking the shafts out is a fairly large job so you might as well get as much done whilst they are out as you can.
  21. Dash Cam Installation

When you get to the lights in the video he veers over to my side as he turns onto the round about, you can see this as he actually goes over the lane divider lanes Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  22. Thanks for confirming, that must be why I can notice a definite difference then.
  23. Clunk clunk clunk

Thanks Dee_82 for the reply certainly touches on what I was thinking apart from the abs knocking rapidly upon giving it some welly. How likely is it that this could pass the mot? Edit* is there a way I can test engine mounts? And any ideas how many where there located? Thanks dee And to answer the question about drive shafts. I've been told that the knock is most likely the driver side outer cv joint. I have checked and cannot see any damage to the boots on both sides outer and inner so am questioning this myself but I'm no mechanic only a fast learning diyer. The garage that I asked for alittle advise told me that the cv joints are pretty expensive in the region of 60-80 + vat quid a side and he'd most likely charge around two hours labour at 81quid So looking around 250 to change both outer cvs. He said the problem with this is that with the age of the car there's no guarantee that he does the outers and then the inners go bad or apparently a bearing that sits on the shaft. He's told me that some of these parts are not available. And the haynes manual I have also says at time of writing no parts available and I've struggled to come up with anything. With doing some research Ive come up with these options and hit a wall. Garage charges 250 and changes both outer cvs. Garage charges 440. 81 quid of this is labour and he supplies and fits two new shafts (unsure of quality on new shafts cheapest he could find apparently) I could pay 81 for garage to fit and I supply these. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F282006324112 Or there's a set from jandrcvjoint.co.uk which come in at £60 for the pair which does sound very cheap but on the same note if they lasted another 20k I'd probably be happy cost vs useage wise. Or final option I fit myself and just pay for parts which I'm still researching and mulling the idea over. I've done a bit of work to my old mitsubishi colt such things included General Service studf, rear coils, front struts, front n rear hub assemblys, brake discs pads, clutch plate n release bearing. But not alot to this focus yet apart from changed the both from bearing upon purchase due to them both rumbling changed and been perfect in regards to rumbling. Thanks again for the reply and the welcome :)
  24. Your Fiesta

My 2017 st
  25. 1.0 ecoboost ac cluch not engaging

Thanks mate you're a star much appreciated Steve
  26. Connectors off inside of headlight

Dude, legalities aside, don't bother mate, get some good halogen bulbs in those lamps of yours, that is what they are designed for. the problem you have with fitting any bulb in to a lamp that it wasn't designed for is that the lens / reflector is designed to work with a specific focal point of light, amount of light generated and the spread of that light. if you add too much power, move the focal point of the light, or have the light projected in a different direction, your lamp will not be able to do the job it was designed for. you will end up with either really crap levels of lighting, really crap spread of lighting or worse, set fire to your car. I don't mean to be cheeky or anything but its people who slapped HIDs in to reflectors that got that law banning all HID modifications introduced. There is nothing wrong with HIDs if done correctly but those reflector / HID conversion kits gave the practice a really bad name which ruined it for the rest of us. Legalities aside, your choices are these Option 1 Slap some good 50W halogens in your existing projectors Option 2 Modify the halogen projector with a dedicated and designed Xenon projector Option 3 Buy a set of real Xenon lamps and mod them in. Option 2 is illegal but it will pass an MOT if done right Option 3 as above however it can be legal but will cost you a lot of money and may require further modifications to the car
  1. Load more activity