• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Instrument Cluster

I was wondering if i could change my current instrument cluster (http://breakers.asm-autos.co.uk/parts-breaking-tyres/part-popup-details/instrument-cluster/32/75891/0/1/3/0/mc65fvm/?ajax=true&width=700&height=560) for one from an ST (http://breakers.asm-autos.co.uk/parts-breaking-tyres/part-popup-details/instrument-cluster/32/91352/0/1/3/0/mc65fvm/?ajax=true&width=700&height=560), i like the red dials way more than blue and im going red and black colour scheme all over, is it just a simple swap?
  3. Haynes manual fiesta 2013

Warranty lasts 3 years, dealer's don't want you fiddling until that runs out.
  4. Instrument Cluster

Might be better posting in the Fiesta forum, It won't really get seen in here.
  5. Haynes manual fiesta 2013

They're a tad late though. We might get the manual for the mk8 in 2021.
  6. DPF replacement, argh!

It only works with the straight DPFs anyway, the 1.6 dpf has bent ends so you can't get the pressure washer lance in. On the older Peugeot 1.6s you could separate the cat and DPF easily to clean it. I have no idea why they stopped doing it that way, unless they decided it was just too easy to smash out the DPF like that.
  7. New Member !

Hi Welcome
  8. New Member !

Hi all, I am new to the world of Ford & have recently purchased a 2011 Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.2 TDCI Estate ! I welcome any questions or advice. Thanks Dan.
  9. Soon to be s-max owner

Hi Welcome
  10. Weird Situation

Stuff like this infuriates me with companies. It wouldn't have happened if the truck hadn't failed and you were told to continue. I had to pay for a company smart phone last year that had been stolen. Some companies are ruthless and don't really care despite what they may say.
  11. *** Fiesta 3 years warranty query

its parts and repair labour warranty. seems fair enough to me, wear and tear isnt warranty and as such needs mechanical maintanance to prevent mechanical damage.
  12. Instrument Cluster

I was wondering if i could change my current instrument cluster (http://breakers.asm-autos.co.uk/parts-breaking-tyres/part-popup-details/instrument-cluster/32/75891/0/1/3/0/mc65fvm/?ajax=true&width=700&height=560) for one from an ST (http://breakers.asm-autos.co.uk/parts-breaking-tyres/part-popup-details/instrument-cluster/32/91352/0/1/3/0/mc65fvm/?ajax=true&width=700&height=560), i like the red dials way more than blue and im going red and black colour scheme all over, is it just a simple swap?
  13. Coolant bottle

Mine was replaced under warranty
  14. Awf21 gearbox oil service?

no idea on mileage. up to you if you are concerned about the longevity of the box. wont be cheap but whats the cost of "piece of mind"
  15. Does Colour Matter?

Deep impact blue shows dirt, scratches and marks as bad as black. My next one's going to be white.
  16. Today
  17. Does Colour Matter?

White is the worst for showing dirt, never owned a white car but my work vans have all been white. As for chips and scratches, I think they show more on darker colours.
  18. Coolant bottle

Yes the pressure cap is covered under warranty we had the same problem on our fiesta 1 litre Eco Boost titanium x at first our dealer said it was not covered then the warranty team said if the car was registered after September 1st 2014 it is covered which ours was but they had to test the cooling system before replacing the part. The cap body which was stuck in the coolant bottle was removed with a long nose grips. The cap cost around £13 pound
  19. Awf21 gearbox oil service?

Well that's the thing.. Do I need it changed? I like the car and I'd hate to damage the gearbox by not changing the fluid. Yes it's expensive but a new box is horrific. If I was to change the fluid at what mileage is optimal? Thanks for your help Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
  20. If you could have any car

What would it be? Mine would be a Nissan GT-R, super quick ( 0-60 in 2.6 seconds ) nice looking, and practical. What a car for the money, around 80k. Yes it's a lot of money, but way cheaper than cars of similar performance. Way out of my league unfortunately.
  21. Self diognosed throttle body flap not opperting correctly unpluged car runs a charm now apart from rough engine shutdown and eml
  22. Sync2 Satnav Upgrade

Hi Bannko, Another one here needing your expertise please! Have done similar retrofit stuff on VAG but looking forward to learning the FoMoCo way now that we’ve switched to a Focus!
  23. *** Fiesta 3 years warranty query

In all fairness, a modern car shouldn't go wrong within 3 years anyway. Think of it this way, I could buy a 3 year old Fiesta for half the price, completely write it off and buy another one for roughly the same cost as a brand new one.
  24. *** Fiesta 3 years warranty query

Who the hell do you think you’re taking to you stupid moron! I understand that by servicing the car, you are paying for preventative maintenance but that did not justify your moronic reply! It was not a stupid statement! It was a true and valid statement! I asked a simple question regarding the 3 years parts and labour warranty, which it is meant to be! My question was simple and valid; if you have to pay for the car to be serviced on the second and third years then the labour is not free!
  25. power loss 1.6 tdci

It goes to the boost solenoid valve. Though exactly how, I have not seen! From another thread: The valve has a 2 wire connector and 3 pipes on it. The pipes are from the left, vent (to the small air filter on the end of a pipe at the back of the engine bay, just under the wipers), vacuum out to the actuator and vacuum in from the vacuum pump via a reservoir (black plastic blob left of the valve). ---- (The vent pipe may also go to a spigot just after the airbox, opposite the MAF, but this vent pipe is not likely to be the cause of the problem) This is from: There is a photo of the valve in that post.
  26. Can you fit a flex type exhaust to a non flex type system as the flex type doesn't have a resonator? If fitted would it have problems?
  27. How low can you go?

I do journeys of around thirty plus miles and very few short ones that’s why I have a diesel.I will monitor this now,the battery is about four years old.I have a heavy duty jumperstarter in the back👍.
  1. Load more activity