All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Things I Don't Like

When you head is going round trying to do a Reverse camera from Genuine to cheap one.........I hate you stupid Fakra connector (and the small black power one) And this stupid little black power connector thing which i will have to cut and start again.........Dam and another Dam,what is it even called.
  3. FORD Focus overheating

The fan only comes on when the temp is in the red, I have no idea About the fan I just know about it when it comes on because it’s very loud and it stays on for 5/10 minute after I turn the car off! When I got my water pump changed they changed the thermostat with another one and it was the same problem so they just put mine back on so he said it couldn’t be that. thanks
  4. Etis problem,had e-mail back.

So is that saying i have updates to be done on stuff.
  5. Today
  6. Etis problem,had e-mail back.

That only works if you have a paid licence and an authorised interface afaik. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  7. Tyres?? Which ones.

Yes you are spot on,just having a look around seeing what a lot on here have and reviews on them. For my use a set of Budget would do fine when needed as i don't think i have been on the motorway for 10 year or more. Do like the CP 5 or 6 saying that and the reviews on them both.
  8. Etis problem,had e-mail back.

This is what i get
  9. Yellow headlight tint

There is no fault, you can code it using Forscan. It's the setting for the US Fusion. It actually makes the indication more visible. I plan to change it back to standard though, I only modified the block to see it if it would activate a sequential type flash. I wasn't sure if the brake lights on the Mk5 Mondeo flash under heavy braking, I know the hazard warning lights flsah Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  10. Yellow headlight tint

Flashing brake lights are an MoT fail. Do they do this on purpose or do you have a fault? If it's a fault then probably an earthing error in the tail light cluster. If on purpose did you fit a module to cause it? I know some cars come with flashing brake lights from factory but only activate under heavy braking (a la emergency stop). I believe some BMW models do this but as this is EU type approved it supercedes any UK laws. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  11. Yellow headlight tint

If an MOT tester was in a rubbish mood when checking the car then it could get a fail, same goes for a road traffic bobby, they could give you a hard time. I've been told, so can't claim this to be [emoji817]% true that your headlights must remain the same colour as they left the factory. So white to stay white and red to stay red. My brake light flashes with my indicator, so if I'm indicating right my right brake light also flashes. The left brake light and high level brake light remain steady and vice versa, not sure of the legalities. Clive, what is the law on this? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  12. Yesterday
  13. I have had my car for a few months now and have started to notice that my car stumbles when I put my foot down on the accelerator and there is no instant power but after a second or two, the car starts accelerating. Any ideas as to what this could be?
  14. Newbie seeking serious help!

Hi Guys, Brand new to the forum so please be patient with me if I am being dumb here! I've got a Focus Titanium X Mk3.5 with Sync 2 system, which I really love, but the only thing letting it down is the audio quality! Can anyone tell me how easy it would be to fit new speakers and add a sub to the vehicle? At the minute I am just trying to find out if it can be done by myself, or if it's something I need to take to a professional. I have a budget of £500 but I really want to get some decent kit for my money, if I have to pay for someone to fit it I don't mind but I don't want to be left with no money to buy my kit! Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Daniel
  15. Things I Don't Like

I really did not like coming home yesterday afternoon after a taxing shift, only to find the TV wasn't working. Had power but no picture and the sound was being carried through the optical cable from the tv to the sound bar, that was working. A quick Google told me it was the 'back light' and a further search told me that it was nearly £1K to fix as the TV (4 yrs old) was now a discontinued model. I only had 60minutes to read up on what was available and pick one up for Argos so it was a mad rush but I got one and my friends put it on the wall for me (thats actually more of a like that bit) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  16. Things I Don't Like

Still better than a Mac though! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  17. Adams story game

Meanwhile over the road Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  18. Looking good @zagobir wrapping the high level brake light does make a huge difference and while wrapping the fog/reflectors [emoji87]does look top drawer I have a feeling it won't pass an MOT. They won't be doing their job, reflecting. It look like you park on the street outside your house, well from the pics anyway. I would be a little worried in case your car was at the end of a row and was hit at night, unlikely but a risk. How much is a paint correction? Sounds like it could be expensive ☹️ why not get it wrapped in a Matt black vinyl? I reckon that would look sweet! Also, if you like a bit of bling then have a look at the sill plates with the lights in them, and retro fitting puddle lamps that project 'ford' onto the ground. The comment about not turning the fog lights on since you had the car has got to be the best statement yet, it means you are not one of those tossed drivers with every light on their switched on lol Is the car an auto? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  19. FORD Focus overheating

does the fan on the radiator come on when it gets hot? Is the fan blowing the right way? sucking air from front of car and blowing it out backwards from radiator? could the radiator core be blocked with silt. Years ago car radiators did get blocked with silt and people would reverse flush them with a pressure wash. I assume you have had thermostat changed as that would have been first thing to focus on.
  20. cambelt change due

Make it the 2 pal
  21. Thought some of you members may benefit from my experience with 2008 Focus 1.6 tdci. It started a stuttering/hesitation which came and went - no fault codes for warning lights. Some times it would stall the car, sometimes it would be brief and car ran on with no problems. No driving reason for the problem, fast or slow, uphill or downhill, cold or hot, it would happen for no apparent reason. Checked into local garage who thought it was DPF so had it changed at £500 with no change so had they said it was the injectors so paid out over £1k to have new ones and still the same. Mechanic said to get rid of car as it could cost thousands to trace the problem and also the turbo was whistling so that needed changing. I am not the type of person to offload a problem to some unsuspecting buyer so decided to tackle it myself. Bought a new Turbo inner part (£80) and used the same casting, cleaned out all pipe-work of all the oil crud. Removed the oil-feed pipe from engine to turbo and thoroughly cleaned with petrol and compressed air, also blasted air into engine oil gallery. So good oil flow to turbo so that should last the life of the car, incidentely the car had done 91k miles. Still no difference so bought second-hand fuel pump (£60) of a car which had done 42k miles. While engine in bits, changed timing belt, water pump, idler and tensioner pulleys (£77) and ancillary belt (£13). Also stripped EGR system out, which was in a awful state. The end coming from top of engine was at least 50% blocked with crud! The cooling jacket part was full of soot so probably not reducing gas temperature effectively. likewise ERG valve. Cleaned everything manually and with carburettor cleaner. Made sure EGR valve was operating smoothly and rebuilt everything. Took off every sensor I could find and cleaned with carb cleaner. Put back together and it ran perfectly on motorway and other roads for an hour or so and then hesitation and then stop! Called RAC and when they came an hour later, the car started as though nothing had happened! RAC checked the system and still no faults although it did show intermittent low fuel pressure. Car drove home in fits and starts. Ordered fuel pressure sensor. Haynes manual says you have to replace rail and sensor together at £300 so took off existing sensor and checked part number and ordered new one off ebay for £26. Put it back together and it is running perfectly and smoothly so dead chuffed! I hope this experience helps someone who has same problem and does not know where to start. My opinion is that the main problem (apart from turbo) was poor maintenance throughout its life, especially regular oil changes, dirty EGR system and fuel pressure sensor. The other work done would not cure the problem but saved a fortune while engine stripped.
  22. Adams story game

Of effluvium scented guano.
  23. Tyres?? Which ones.

If you only do 3k a year and these tyres have 2k left on them, surely you don't have to worry for another 9 months? Conti premium on mine since I bought it, 'cept the NSR which someone put a Falken on at some point...
  24. Yellow headlight tint

Sorry but I....[baaaawwwk]...don't feel very...[baaaawwwk]...well, I maybe ate...[baaaawwwk]...something funny...[baaaawwwk]...
  25. H11 bulbs

Hi Which would be best to have in my fogs? http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?msg=&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=165538&productId=1167231&storeId=10001 Or https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015ZAB37S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_UYcYzbGQFG7YR Thanks in advance
  26. Things I Don't Like

I will be dragged kicking and screaming away from Win 7 Ultimate 64. Why don't these tech companies understand that we wanna use our extremely expensive devices the way WE wanna use them, not the way YOU think we should. And for the love of all that is sacred, please ensure something actually works properly before shipping it all around the world then forcing us to endure hours of updates because you did a crappy job in the first place. We are customers. Not your beta testers. Sorry...I...um...seem to have gone off a bit there, haven't I?
  27. Auto Main / Dipped Beam

Just done a test on a perfectly dark road ... auto main/dip ONLY goes onto high beam at 25 MPH or above and if you slow down, they auto dip at 18 MPH. This is without any other light to trigger them. They will also dip if you get a reflection off a road sign. Someone must have thought that on a pitch black country lane that at 18 mph you only need to see about 5 yds infront of you!! Maybe I need to eat more carrots 🤓
  28. Me too! Quite embarrassing really [emoji23] - certainly thought I knew my way around the basics of a Mk6.5! Nothing too major, just wanting to get it looking a bit tidier and then I'll take it from there. So... ST alloys, gloss black exterior badges, black and gold gel overlays, full paint correction (coz my metallic black is looking dull af! [emoji17]), LED interior lights and metal door sills for the mo [emoji5] Sent from my Phantom6 using Tapatalk
  1. Load more activity