• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Glovebox socket

Does anyone one know what this socket thingy is inside glovebox of my 2006 focus LX?😊
  3. Floor mats

Have you checked Weathertech matts? I like the look, they protect even behind the gas pedal and are nice to clean.
  4. Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Hello fellow Fiesta car fans I have an update from my Ford dealer re delivery dates f All-New Fiesta – Stop Build Production Update The purpose of this letter is to advise you that the Stop Build affecting Partial Leather and Full Leather trim on ST-Line X, Titanium X and Vignale has been lifted. Production Ramp Up Plan There will be a staged ramp up plan to build out current orders. Orders will be scheduled on a sold and ageing basis only, with individual order prioritisation not possible. Scheduling will focus around customer sold orders dating back to June contracts, which will be scheduled first across December. Based on our current sold order bank and build capacity we anticipate the following build months:  June / July contracted orders to be built out across December / January production  August contracted orders to be built February  September contracted orders to be built March  October and November contracted orders to be in April Please note that these calculations are an estimate based on the current leather supply position. Any further deterioration in leather availability will push these timings back, conversely, increased build capacity will see an improvement to the above. We will continue to keep the Supply Chain Bulletin updated within our latest calculations. We will be closely monitoring contract patterns going forward to ensure that genuine orders get priority. Should you have urgent orders with recent contracts we strongly recommend you liaise with your customers regarding build times, with a view to amending into another specification where possible.
  5. Floor mats

At least they'll be easy to clean. I liked the look of the checker plate style rubber mats, can get them in different colours and look quite smart. Couldn't find any that were specifically designed for the Fiesta though.
  6. That looks really smart, you'd amost never know it's another cover stitched on. Just a shame about that manufacturing error that has meant the steering wheel's on the wrong side of the car. 😂😂
  7. I don't think it was the best idea. Inless you installed it inside the airbox (which would make it pointless), you'll end up drawing in hot air from the engine bay (which doesn't combust as well, or make as big of a bang as cold air). These cone filters also more coarse, so let in more dirt. They have no performance gains at all, and can actually lose you power. Worth it with a turbo? Yes, the air gets even hotter when it gets compressed and goes through an intercooler anyway. Worth it on a naturally aspirated engine? No. I dont know much about exhausts on a fiesta, but I doubt it's worth tuning it on a rolling road after you install it. You can't squeeze much more power out of a naturally aspirated engine, an exhaust and a remap makes little difference in reality. If you are going on a rolling road, you'd want to be after more power (talking injectors, cams, turbo install, boring out cylinders, forged pistons etc.), and at that point it's just as cheap to get an ST. The turbo fiesta is much easier to remap, quite the power gain to be had by cranking up the boost etc.
  8. Retrofitting A Sat Nav To A 2014/2015 (Facelift) Focus

@Bannko I see you are the man in know and was hoping you could offer some advice. I purchased a Focus T EcoBoost 2016 (Sync 2) from a dealer in the knowledge the Navigation worked - Low and behold the navigation has not been enabled. Before I spend hours trying to get my head around how to do this, is it still possible to be done ? Any advice is much appreciated.
  9. Headlights. Traffic L/R setting plz help

I only just noticed it really. as i was curious as to why people were flashing at me. p.s what page is it on in the manual ? Jamie
  10. Ford Kuga Towing Electrics

I have got a Kuga ST line 2017 and got a similar problem with the caravan fog lights flashing on and off. Tried another make of vehicle and caravan lights ok. Connected my Kuga to another make of caravan and same problem so fault on Kuga electrics. Ford dealer connected trailer board to test lights and they work ok.
  11. Headlights. Traffic L/R setting plz help

Yep. :) Worth doing for your own peace of mind as I was confused when I first got the car.
  12. Fiesta Red Edition Revo Tuning?

You just have to bear in mind the gearboxes are already pretty much maxed out in terms of torque it can safely handle. I've heard a few horror stories on here about people who have either blown their engines due to too much stress/ overheating (which is a problem without remapping, but remapping can cause it to overheat more), or they've needed a new tranny.
  13. Headlights. Traffic L/R setting plz help

Have you played with it in your car ? Jamie
  14. I'm not having a go by any means, it's just the words black friday infuriates me. It's such a farse, literally an excuse for retaillers to put their prices up a few weeks before and then drop them back to where they were on black friday. Or they get rid of crap stock nobody would otherwise buy. Slap a sale sign on Polaroid TV and you'll have people fighting over it. Polaroid made cameras, and they were awful at that too. "Black FRIDAY sale all week" , like how does that work? 🤔🤔
  15. Fiesta Servicing - Main Dealer or Independent?

Apparently the oil is expensive for the Fiesta. I'm really good mates with the guy who owns the garage I go to and it still cost me £130, and that was only for a oil and filter change. Only go so I can get the stamps. My thought is that as long as you get it done at the same garage each time it doesn't affect much, it looks better if you have repetitive stamps rather than different garages every service.
  16. Towing Electrics

Had a 13 pin electrics fitted by Ford Dealer.
  17. Thermostat opening temp duratec petrol engine

I'm with Tom on 89c I wouldn't go for 98, you'll be above operating temp before the rad opens. 80 and youll just be taking longer to warm up in the morning
  18. Towing Electrics

My parents have just had a tow bar and electrics fitted by Ford to their 2016 Kuga, but don't pick up their caravan until March. We've been meaning to borrow a trailer to test it's all working. Did you go for the 13 pin or 7 pin electrics and are you using an adapter to convert for your caravan?
  19. Today
  20. Headlights. Traffic L/R setting plz help

When you set it to left traffic from right, it dips the drivers side headlight slightly and pushes the passengers side up and left a bit. Easiest thing is to park in front of a wall and fiddle, then it becomes more obvious.
  21. Sudden Drop in MPG

Heres some more completely anecdotal evidence of MPG improvment, since I had my alternator changed, my MPG has risen by about 10%. she also feels like she is less sluggish. I have a big drive tomorrow so itill be interesting if I can get her back above 60MPG
  22. Headlights. Traffic L/R setting plz help

its a little bit ambiguous that one, I mean, Traffic R/L could be taken for which side is the oncoming traffic on, to your left, or to your right, in which case it would be on the "Right" (of you) but I suspect Alex is right, its what side do you drive on So does that change your actual pattern then? or just direct it a bit to the left or right of centre?
  23. I have a 2017 Ford Kuga ST Line. I have a Ford fitted Tow bar and electrics, when I connect my Caravan and switch on the rear fog lights the fog lights flash on and off. Have tried my Kuga on other Caravans and the same fault appears. Also have connected other makes of vehicles to my Caravan and the lights work ok. Been back to the Ford main dealer and they have tested lights with a trailer board and found no fault. seems like a overload fault on the software, has anyone had a similar problem. Mervyn.
  24. Focus mk2 brake pedal clunk?

Yeah if its normal I can obviously try and ignore it I am on the 17" wheels sure im on around about 33psi all round so might lower it slightly doubt that will make any difference though to be honest.
  25. Headlights. Traffic L/R setting plz help

Thanks Alex I will change it to "Left" :-) Jamie
  26. Headlights. Traffic L/R setting plz help

It should be on left hand as we drive on the left. It's left hand traffic, not about where the steering wheel is.
  27. Headlights. Traffic L/R setting plz help

People flash at me even when i dont have main beam on. or is that because i have gas discharge headlights Jamie
  1. Load more activity