• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge or 8 Plus

Why don't you consider the Galaxy note 4? Still available new and has so much that I doubt anyone can use all it can do. Battery life on my 2yr old is superb. 8hrs spotify in my truck. 1hr webbing when on break. 1hr playing pool. Lots of texting and phone calls and it lasts all day. Screen 2nd to none as is the camera. It's a proper little computer.
  3. Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge or 8 Plus

I have the S8+ and cannot fault it. The finger print sensor is nothing to worry about if you have it set up so you only have to look at it to unlock it. If you're due an upgrade might aswell go all out with S8+. just be careful not to drop it as with all smartphones the screens are delicate as i've found out. Awesome camera on it too...these smartphones are getting a lot similar to Entry level SLR's it's perfect
  4. Fiesta Red Edition

Team dynamic alloys, Long life duel exit twin exhaust system from the Cat back, Eibach lowering springs 25ml, currently waiting on a J1automitice air filter and Airtech stage 1 intercooler system to be fitted. Wanting to change the rear drum to a disc converision. Any feedback welcome. Hope you enjoy.
  5. Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge or 8 Plus

I have the s7 edge @jace1969 and I am quite a heavy user, I tend to get about 12hours from my battery. A typical day would be; 90m of streaming Spotify via Bluetooth to my car, about 1hr using apps - fb, Twitter, bbc news, about 30m writing/reading emails, taking 10m of video and 15pics. Bluetooth, Wi-fi and location always running and about 6hrs as a personal hotspot. I also make about 30m of calls, and my phone backs up to one drive after every picture, video and email. So, like I said I’m a heavy user lol. In work I will have the phone sat on my wireless charger which, is truly one of the best features. @Lenny I’m quite into my tech and gadgets etc so if I had the choice, and I’d never had the S7 then I would go for the s8 every time. I just don’t see the point in buying ‘old’ technology when there is an updated version out there. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. Fiesta Ecoboost 125hp P006A

I'd go for an alloy one. It's a high pressure area and the alloy ones apparently have less pressure drop (and won't spilt like yours has). Mountune version is warranty friendly.
  7. for sale american drls

They have all the wiring attached, my nephew was going to install mine and stated they would be quite easy enough to do. He was going to splice into the drls on the wiring loom.
  8. Today
  9. Alternator woes?

Annnnnnnnd, its gone, Packed up the alternator from store, had some funky voltage irregularities on my gauges, bother were dancing around, ABS and power steering warnings came on when reversing in to the bay, hit the motorway and it sorted itself out, had to be very selective with the wiper button then it totally packed in on the Kingston Bridge of all places. (that's like the M25 of Scotland!) of course there's no hard shoulder over the bridge. on the approach to the bridge the ABS and traction control lights lit up, then the handbrake light started to behave like it was a xmas tree light, just as I crested the hump in the middle of the bridge the IC and everything in the car went dead, power steering gone, thankfully I was able to freewheel it over the rest of the bridge and found a wee spot that was out the way of most of the traffic, I was determined to not be "that guy" blocking half the busiest road in Scotland! AA guy on the phone was like, you need to get out the car, to which I replied, "Am I F^&%" had traffic zipping around and there was no way in hell I could get away from it. Course the hazard lights were dead for good measure. So, after all that, AA man would only take me to the nearest garage so its there, waiting to be fixed. maybe pick it up tomorrow, Had a nice work out whilst getting towed to the garage. AA chap ran some tests and it said the Alternator was drawing 120A out of the battery, not entirely sure how that would happen but he was pretty confidant about it I may have miss heard him though whatever was going on he said the battery was being discharged far quicker then what would typically happen if the alternator just stopped working.
  10. Fiesta Ecoboost 125hp P006A

Part number is 1868114 and its only sold with the lower intercooler hose. €101 plus vat from ford. there are stainless steel ones available to ebay for £50 ish.
  11. Fiesta Ecoboost 125hp P006A

So today i said id tackle this job. Removed the turbo recirc valve (looked fine) Removed all intake pipes and they are were fine Removed and inspected the intercooler (fine) Just as i was about to give up hope and book it into ford i found this (see attached) Its the hard plastic pipe that comes out of the turbo and has a 90 degree bend. I assume this is the issue, im waiting for the wife to get home to swap the parts over.
  12. It is perfectly normal for the alarm to go off when the doors are manually unlocked. The alarm system does not recognise whether the doors are unlocked with a key or by some burglar with different (universal) tools. You either have to buy a suitible remote key or have the alarm system disabled. The original alarm system electronics are integrated in the GEM module/fuse box. The alarm system can be disabled by changing the configuration of the GEM module/fuse box. This can be doene with a suitible Ford specific diagnostic system. For example a (modified) ELM327 interface and the free ELMconfig software.
  13. 2015 mondeo start/stop problems

Thanks for the reply, I'll mention that to the dealer although I'm not holding my breath. They don't seem to want to investigate, in fact the customer service person just says his car does the same and its voltage drop. No one seems concerned why its dropping... I do 25 miles a day to work so it gets a reasonable run everyday. Shame really as I'm really pleased with the car other than these faults
  14. HELP!! Electric Problems...2001 1.1l Fiesta

Will check the headlights brightening tonight when it's dark. Going to check and clean all the cables/connections tomorrow, fingers crossed I come back with good news! Thanks for the advice!
  15. Engine bay ignition live

There will be loads of ignition lives beneth the engine bay fuse tray , just need a multimeter to find one. Use a scotch lock to tap off the wire if you dont want to use a piggy back fuse carrier.
  16. 2015 mondeo start/stop problems

years ago I had a car where the battery would drain. The alternator seemed to charge fine but the problem was in the rectifier pack built into the back of the alternator. It was letting battery power leak back slowly through the alternator when left parked. A rectifier pack is made up of diodes. A diode is like a valve and only lets power go one way and blocks it going in the opposite direction. I would tell them you want the alternator testing in such a way to see if power is leaking back through it when parked. I have no idea what their reaction will be. You could disconnect the alternator every time you park and see if it makes a difference over time but it's not a practical solution
  17. Help please, car doing a funny thing

perhaps the term Handbrake will fizzle out as more cars have a push button parking brake. Like 'fan belt' has fizzled out and become auxillary drive belt or serpentine belt etc. Still a fan belt to my generation of people
  18. Hi, is it possible to change the rubber blades on the Fiesta or does the whole "Aero" piece need to be changed? I couldn't work out how to get the end caps off to slide in a new rubber blade.
  19. HELP!! Electric Problems...2001 1.1l Fiesta

if running on tickover/idle and you put the lights on and heater fan and heater rear window (to create a high load on battery/alternator) do the lights go a bit brighter when you rev the engine a small amount? if not, probably alternator problem. Better to do this test with a voltmeter on the battery terminals to give a clearer picture. But I agree it could be bad connections on the cables at the battery terminals and other end of the cables and the thick cable from chassis to engine if there is one
  20. ThaiFiesta's Mk7.5 Fiesta Ecoboost

The base slots in and there's 4 discreet screws to secure it. It's reasonably stable once fitted but you couldn't put your whole body weight on it. It sits higher than the ST one though, so it's at a good position (for me) when driving (I'm 6").
  21. Navigation SD Card

In mine it goes in a slot just above the radio lcd display, hard to see unless you peer up under the sunshade type thing that goes over the top of the display. Mine is Ford radio/satnav. I don't know if Sony is the same
  22. Navigation SD Card

Hi guys. Picked up my Fiesta on the weekend :). Its a 2014 Titanium X with all the bells and whistles. The only thing I'm missing is the Ford Navigation SD card. I'll be totally honest I cant even find where it goes in the car lol. Does anyone have one for sale or can they point me in the right direction. I went to a dealership and they quoted me £260!
  23. Hi I have a 2015 Mondeo Titanium 2.0tdi(x-pack) which has had a frustrating problem since I bought it. The start/stop system doesn't always work even though the correct temperature criteria is met and for the 2nd time since i've owned it the Heated front screen doesn't work. I know this is probably down to battery condition because every time i visit the dealer they charge the battery and everything works. On the last visit I asked why the battery was discharging and was told the charging system was fine. Its frustrating because there must be something not right but the dealer don't seem to want to investigate. The car is going in for the same fault again on monday but i'm guessing it'll be the same outcome. Has anyone else suffered the same issue? Thanks in advance Matt
  24. Sync 3 dab track info

After looking the other day and not sorting it, then literally looking for five seconds this morning and got it to work 😂 Cheers mate
  25. If you could have any car

i have three dream cars, a ford model T converted into a sleek rat/hot rod, made for British roads, would have to be full custom jobbie and id love a GTR nismo a lot of money but you get a lot of car and i would love to own a old ford pick up in top nick, not modded just a nice clean paint job and mechanically sound.
  26. Thanks, how does it fit in, does it just slot in there?
  27. Ford Fiesta ST Interior

Which ST did you get? If it's just ST1, would an ST3 stereo be any better? I'm another aftermarket stereo hater I'm afraid!
  1. Load more activity