• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Some drivers are so unaware!

yeah accidents do happen this was an accident. the other guy needed to pull out to be able to see past the car next to him he just pulled out at the wrong time
  3. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

I think that will certainly help to locate the wire while you solder it. Bearing in mind there will be other wires in close proximity, having the wire held in place while being soldered could be a big benefit. Continuity to the pin will help, it also shows the solder has wetted the pin. There should also be direct (soldered) continuity between the copper wires also, once the joint is done. The joined wires will have to be protected from bending and vibrating at the joint, by support from other wires, of which there must be a lot. And insulated & sealed with some neutral cure silicone (from any builders merchant / diy shop). But that can be done a bit later.
  4. Some drivers are so unaware!

Lol recently I accidentally tapped the wing of my car when parallel parking. When turning the car when reversing in the space I got a little close and heard a scrape sound. Luckily it looks like it'll come off with polish. Just shows us drivers can damage our own cars. Obviously we don't do it purposely
  5. New 2019 EDGE ST

So, what do you all think of the new 2019 EDGE ST, another nice high BHP petrol engine, that we'll never see in the UK !
  6. Some drivers are so unaware!

There is loads of coppers round here they just have better things to do
  7. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

And with continuity it should work no?
  8. Dash Cam Installation

Yes it also has mapping and gps and looks like the firmware upgrade has Speedcamera alerts - nice little buy ... If you can get it working lol
  9. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

Just tried to pull apart with pliers at each end, pliers ended up slipping off and still wont pull apart!
  10. EGR blanking

So just wanted to update I've done about 130 miles after doing the injectors and blanking the Egr. I reset the average mpg and now I'm getting around 53-54 mpg. This is surprisingly a bit more compared to when the work was done. Before it'll stay around 47.5mpg. Also don't have to worry about booting it. Really is fun putting your foot down.
  11. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

Unless the pin happens to be tin or nickel plated, it will not tin. Solder will not stick to chrome, or to most steels. Nor to zinc or aluminium, normally. Try it, just by attempting to get the solder to wet & stick to some, you might be lucky! (Special fluxes are available to stick solder to steel, but are rather corrosive and nasty, and not so widely available.) I wrote the above before your answer above, it looks like the pin you used had the right plating! Give the wire a wiggle and tug, to make sure it has wetted and stuck to the pin. Though it does not need to be a really good joint, it is only part of the overall joint between the copper wires.
  12. Ford Fiesta 1.6tdci remap, Advice please !

Just wanted to update but where did you get the remap done?
  13. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

Tested a small piece (not car) had 0.01ohms continuity so seems to Work?
  14. My MK7 Fiesta

Lol I was talking about puma speeds decat pipe. Zorstworx sadly don't mail order for my car so have to find another place closer to me.
  15. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

Peter, what about pushing a sewing pin in, cutting few mm proud, then soldering cable to the pin?
  16. Today
  17. My MK7 Fiesta

Yeah theres quite a bit of a price hike from zaustworx but im going to save up, just going to add the spoiler for now as I have a friend that can colour match for a lot cheaper than Puma. I do want to add their front bumper too.
  18. My MK7 Fiesta

They have a decat pipe which I thought of getting but think it's expensive plus may get in trouble by the people on the forum 🤣. Been looking at a remap company but want to be sure they are good.
  19. My MK7 Fiesta

I have this on the way, gotta save for engine upgrades for now.
  20. My MK7 Fiesta

Have you got anything from puma speed?
  21. Window Tinting

It comes down to experience. I used to do vinyl wrapping. On my previous car I wrapped the mirror covers in carbon fibre. On a really hot summer day the wrap started to shrink and you could see the edges. When you wrap something you'll need to heat it up when wrapping curves so it goes around flat. Problem when heating something up is when heat is reapplied it shrinks back to its original size. That's kind of why you should reapply heat as the finishing touches to make sure it doesn't shrink. Not really done tinting so not sure if this applies.
  22. Twin exhaust system

Here is mine done by tony Banks exhausts in Leeds. Yunii Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
  23. Dash Cam Installation

I’ll get pics and a video up once I finish installing it by Sunday hopefully. From the footage I’ve seen on nighttime on YouTube it’s pretty good. And to me seems better nighttime wise compared to the blackvue 750. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  24. Battery

Yes along with plastic thermostat housings, but thats a story for another day.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. Help: tyre pressure 4 trip

Overinflating won't help you in snow. Just stick to the recommended pressure for the load.
  1. Load more activity