• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hello everyone! I would start this post greeting to Lasse1955 (who was the one that started the thread) and everyone else that has replied contributing in the thread. I have a Fusion ’04 1.4 TDCI DURASHIFT EST (EST stands for the semi-automatic variant of this gearbox, the manual one being named “DURASHIFT” only) with 169.000 km. and the problem was that, after replacing the clutch kit, I could’t get the car to engage the shifts, so I started to retrieve the web and came to this fantastic forum. Moreover, I had additionally replace the dual mass flywheel by a conventional (single mass) that I have got from a manual unit from wreckage, so I have the doubt if this could be the origin of the problem. After researching through the entire thread (plus another one also very useful to me: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/62961-durashift-fix-using-ebay-type-vcm-diagnostic/), I came to the conclusion that the car could be set to go on the road and I started to bleed the clutch once more and the first thing I noticed was that the bleeding procedure can be done very easily: since every time you turn the ignition key on the clutch is activated, so don’t have to push neither pump. Add to this that you put a transparent hose while you are bleeding (turn ignition on/off several times) so you are able to see the bubbles through the windshield and that’s done. Finally, after bleeding the clutch several times, the car is actually running, although, I have to admit it, is still very “hard” on shift changes, but I suppose this is a matter of time, because the ECU will have to “relearn” all the new spares that have been installed on it (clutch disc, single mass flywheel, pressure plate & pilot bearing). Thanks to everyone for this fantastic forum.
  3. Edge bike rack

I think I might be on to something. Keeping in mind our mighty edge is nothing special/ new on the other side of the pond.. I had a look how they deal with it :) And came across of it... https://www.etrailer.com/trunkmount-2017_Ford_Edge.htm Do any 1 know those brands or mounting style equivalent? Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
  4. Snow, ice and snow socks

On the off chance I phoned the supplier of the snow socks, told him what happened and asked him if there was anything they could do for me. He said yes, they`d send me a replacement pair ! Assuming they come, and I have no reason to doubt it, that`s excellent service. Part of the reason my be I bought them through E Bay, and he may want to keep his 100% positive feedback ! An advantage is I`ll then have a spare snow sock for if the problem ever happens again. I`ll put a link on to him when they turn up.
  5. Snow, ice and snow socks

I would agree that getting up a bit of momentum is a BIG help in going up a snowy / icy hill. There are, however, two problems with that : The first is that going fast in ice or snow is a big risk, for obvious reasons ! This is particularly the case if other cars are parked by the side of the road, you only have to slide sideways a relatively short distance and there`s contact, then an insurance claim, or worse. The second is you need room to be able to get speed up. The hill which we need to get up has a junction at the bottom, it`s actually a left turn for us, and, to make matters even worse, there are invariably cars parked on the opposite side, which means the corners is tighter and the consequences of slipping are more serious, you won`t just hit a kerb, you'll hit a car.... Thus one is starting from a relatively low speed, it simply isn`t possible to get much speed up. People tell me winter tyres also work better on ice or compacted snow, is that right ? And if so how do they work ? Are they more noisy on normal roads ?
  6. Today
  7. Mk3 Dashcam Fitting

Have you considered a fuse tap type setup Tom? That way you are not damaging any of the cars wiring to fit or remove when the time comes.
  8. New Tyres Wanted - and you're help

There is nothing more satisfying than blasting past the wannabe fast car drivers in their flashy motors It's just a shame that most members of the bike club i'm in replace their tyres because the centre section has worn out lol.
  9. I checked various vins in etis by trial an error and i can see this (Pictures Attached). As you can see one engine is listed as Ecoboost 100ps and the other (mine St Line 125ps) listed as Ecoboost 125/140 ps. I dont have the vin of a 140ps variant to check though. At the details both have engine performance level- standand. From this i suppose the 125ps engine is more like the 140 rather than the 100ps. Maybe its exact the same engine. Also i suppose the 140ps variant would have different engine performance level? Maybe someone with a 140 variant could provide his vin to compare.
  10. New Tyres Wanted - and you're help

I had some better photos but I can’t find them so this will need to do for now lol.
  11. Parking sensor display not working

You need to reboot the Sync 2 touch screen. Look in the manual for the fuse. It is located in the passenger footwell.
  12. New Tyres Wanted - and you're help

I didn't even know that was possible! Thought I was picky enough with stuff like that...on wheels with front rims, I always ask that the weights are stuck inside instead of hammered onto the face... I was looking at these last week, how does anyone fit the weights like that, look at them and think that's a good job!? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-focus-alloy-wheels-/282807858648?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=FUbIKVXCksFZc0YdnxvXlJkrYVg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
  13. Mk3 Dashcam Fitting

Morning, Can anyone tell me which fuse to hardwire the dashcam into on a Mk3 Titanium? I want it ignition fed rather than permanent - also wondered if some fuses would drop voltage if the stop start operates? Also, can you buy ready cut 3M adhesive pads for the B40c/A118c camera? I'm sure I've seen them before but can only find either circles or squares now. Cheers Tom
  14. Keyless entry sets off alarm

Interesting one this morning, and probably one my neighbours will not thank me for at 6:45! Pulled on my door handle this morning, doors opened and set the alarm off. Dash board was telling me to put the key in the arm rest where the sensor is. The battery in the key has been changed within the last 6 months. Any ideas as to what happened?
  15. Possible Mk3 Boot Leak?

Sounds correct. I'm half way through the process myself, ie bumper off and vents out (snapped one due to the 'extreme' cold, they're only about £15 to buy new fortunately lol). Going to buy some Wickes gutter and roof sealant (£3.99) and a poundland gun thing so should have it all sorted for a fiver. I'm also going to grease around the rear light seals as was mentioned earlier in this thread. Also tempted to drill a small hole in that grommet underneath - the grommet itself is large enough to let bugs or even mice in so don't want to totally leave it out, but a small hole should let any water out before it gets to the height of the holes into the boot space...anyone know of a reason not to do that?
  16. there are people on ebay selling ECU/GEM/Key sets but we can't be sure that nothing else has been fried by the reverse battery connections. it might be worth replacing those but it could turn out to be a waste of money and you still have a dead car
  17. Possible cluster Problem Focus 07

i assume you are saying you successfully fixed it?
  18. Brilliant White Headlight Bulbs

Your car will have halogen bulbs and can only be replaced with the same. However you can replace them to a more whiter appearance but don’t get to het up on the colour as the More white they look the less light they will provide. Take a look on Auto Express website they do regular tests on bulbs. http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/76760/best-car-headlight-bulbs-2018-group-test Post some pics of your car up, be nice to see another ST line , great choice by the way . Edit, It’s H7 bulbs you need for headlamps.
  19. New Tyres Wanted - and you're help

i thought you were one of the ladies of the night?
  20. Tyre Management System

even sensors in wheels on fords have to be reset after a warning message/puncture
  21. Things I Do Like

Am I alone in that I don't mind making flat packs? In my experience IKEA's ones aren't bad compared to others.
  22. Howdy

Hi Welcome
  23. Update Sync 2 The Easy Way

@Dangas01 read first post of this thread. For UK lang pack 5.
  24. Rubber Mats and Boot Liner Bargain

I wonder if that’s an error that it goes down to under £70 when you choose it ? My dealer gave me the protection pack FOC when I got my Edge, otherwise I would definitely buy them. The mud flaps don’t fit the Sport, so be careful if you select the plus pack.
  25. Rear seats

As with Eddiek above, mine occasionally sticks but if I press and hold the button, it goes down fine. Usually works by a simple press though.
  26. Tailgate malfunction

i had the same problem when not on level ground, dealership could not resolve the problem after many tweeks
  1. Load more activity