• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Focus Mk2.5 Front bushes / Tyre wear

I know they'd make the ride harsher but didn't realise that they wore quickly. The lower arms have a blue circlip on the boot which I guess makes them 21mm? Disc is knackered, too. They appear to be the 278mm flavour.
  3. Weak Windscreen Washers

Washers seem better after a drive, but came back to find this after about an hour... The grommet for the extra capacity bit is now leaking, I said it would a few posts up even before attempting the job lol. I've tried to bodge it with the only thing I could find...some sort of all purpose glue. I doubt it'll hold but don't have any sealant to hand. While doing that, the arch liner nut style clips keep dropping off and 2 of the wheel nut caps came off this evening...the Focus is really starting to feel it's age now.
  4. Today
  5. Hello everybody, I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good visual mods for a fiesta st line 125 1.0l, I’m looking for body kits & stuff like that. I should also mention it’s the dark grey coulour so any help on choosing a second colour on the car to go with it would help as well, thank you
  6. Heated Screen Problems

the relays are part of the fusebox, (non servicable)
  7. Heated Screen Problems

so was there power to the fuses?
  8. Focus Mk2.5 Front bushes / Tyre wear

Apart from the huge impact on drive comfort polyurethane suspension bushes usually wear out pretty quick.
  9. Heated Screen Problems

That's good information ... I'm not sure where the relay is if there is one but I'm hoping its going to be an easy fix. It doesn't go in till next Friday ... I'll do a bit of googling to see if i can find out about relays . Thanks
  10. FOCUS MK3 Making Weird noise when accelerating

Will record some movie over weekend and post it here.
  11. Had unfortunate accident with a very high kerb which has resulted in me having to replace both the front suspension wish bones and shock absorbers. I was able to get the shocks half price thankfully otherwise this would of cost me a fortune. Anyway had the work done and there is still some knocking noises coming form the front suspension area and my steering seems really vague and responselss, just wondered if any of you knowledgeable petrol heads had any ideas of what else it could be as I cant get it to the Garage until Wednesday. Car is 10 years old so I know steering and suspension is gonna be tired and seen better days.. Thanks to all for reading, and thanks even more in advance to those who post a reply.. Cheers
  12. Paperless 'Tax Disc' Not Working?

Of course it isn’t working, stupid idea..
  13. Weak Windscreen Washers

reassemble and remove the one way valve in the pipework to the washers, replace the valve with a small piece of brake pipe if you have some. try washers and see if that improves
  14. Paperless 'Tax Disc' Not Working?

I just wonder if people are 'forgetting' to buy it for a couple of months and saving themselves a few quid?
  15. Few questions about my fiesta ( 2007 )

My radio is the sony unit with the accept and decline buttons however if the very first owner didnt have it added as an optional extra they just end up being mute buttons
  16. Paperless 'Tax Disc' Not Working?

you can have mot reminders either emailed or text to you now also. https://www.gov.uk/mot-reminder
  17. No its almost like a really harsh grinding noise, my discs dont look coppery i took it to a garage to have discs and pads changed but they refused to do it saying my brakes were brand new!
  18. David

Hi yeah theyre the same
  19. I have the standard 15" alloys on my Fiesta Zetec. I love the way the car looks, but I think the standard alloys are too small and I would probably want to save my pennies for a set of 17's in either Gunmetal or black (because I'm lazy and don't want to clean the front rims all the time!) Is there anything in particular I need to do, like changing suspension? I know I must keep the rolling radius the same. Aside from getting part-scuffed alloys, is there a cheaper way to do this? Thanks.
  20. Apologies if this is a simple one. My floor mat appears to be wet, on the rubber directly between the accelerator and brake pedals. This appears to be wetter than it would be if it was just water on the bottom of my shoe, it's always in the same place (despite the never being any residual water on the left side where my foot rests when it's not on the clutch) and seems to persist, the day after it rains for example I will get in the car in the morning and there will be that wet spot still there. Possible that water is leaking from under the dash somehow?
  21. Heated Screen Problems

I think what it comes down to is: is there voltage and the capability to supply a high current (amps) at the connectors. If not then there is a fault with the electrics and not the screen and it is extremely unlikely that replacing the screen could have had a detrimental effect with that. So if the fault is with the electrics then I think it would be totally unreasonable to argue that a screen replacement was a reason to refuse warranty repair by Ford. Because the screen uses tons of current it uses a relay or relays (some have a separate relay for left and right sides - I do not know if yours does or not) and the power at the dash switch is being used to signal those relays not power the screen directly so I suspect the light just means it is sending a signal to the relays and any fault with the relays and screen power directly do not affect the light. you can tell if a front screen is drawing power or not by- start engine ,let engine tickover (when warm) turn on all lights- as many as possible, turn on heater fan and heated rear screen. Now turn on the front screen and the engine note/speed will change momentarily and the lights dim momentarily as the huge power consumption of the front screen kicks in
  22. Reverse camera advice''again''

Never thought of this,here is the ebay link but reading it the item says both which is weird. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170Â-Car-Night-Vision-Rear-View-Reversing-Backup-HD-IR-CCD-Camera-Waterproof-UK/252881778346?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
  23. Paperless 'Tax Disc' Not Working?

I don't really know how so many people 'forget' to tax a car, it's not like MOT or service...you get sent letters about tax. Having moved house isn't an excuse either as you should've changed the address on your V5 and licence... Amazingly, some people still advertise cars for sale as having '8 months tax' or whatever...how have they missed the non-transfer rule? But even so, they'll get a tax leaflet when the new V5 comes in if they've bought one. I would guess a lot of those cars have also got no insurance or MOT though...and are deliberately not being paid for. OR are off the road, but just not being SORN'd. I also wonder how recent immigrants get on...do they know they have to tax and insure a car in the UK or do they just buy a local £100 heap and assume they can just drive that straight away? Police don't walk past cars anymore, they've got better things to do...but they do have ANPR running in the front of their patrol cars that should pick up untaxed cars...much easier than having to stop and look for a tax disc.
  24. Android 7.0 stopping news feeds.

All i have is Hide feed which then the same place say the Gardian still send another story,i also have customise feed and when i press this i get on the bottom skip or continue,its like a setting page (turn on this setting on the top). Not been on Android for ages so a bit slow on all the setting stuff,do i have to activate it to tick boxes or something to say no.
  25. you really need a OBD code reader so you can read the fault codes yourself. With fords it is easy to get a cheap code reader and free software. It would cost you less than a garage would charge you to read the fault code only once. So it pays for itself very quickly. I have one form here ( I have the £15.85 one): https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/ this place also comes reccommended often on the Fiesta and Focus forums. You should get the 'modified' type as it has an added switch which enables the thing to access more stuff on a Ford car. Every Ford owner should have one with the free software (links on their help page). Unless you can read the codes yourself you don't what know where to start and who to believe.
  26. Paperless 'Tax Disc' Not Working?

You could never see this working,a local police having a walk round could walk past cars now and aint taxed and before they could at least see the date and color.
  1. Load more activity