• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Dealver vs Private

Definitely dealer. I would only buy privately if the price was so low that I could afford to forget it if something went drastically wrong.
  3. Dealver vs Private

Would agree with you. When me and dad went to check my fiesta I have now we looked around the body (bodywork is immaculate excluding a few pin dents) and the car drove nicely. It's just a day after buying when we noticed the car would puff white smoke for a few seconds after being started after several hours. We think it's a leaking injector. The owner said its had a new clutch, timing belt, water pump, new seat cables and it's been remapped. Sadly there's no paperwork to prove that. The owner said he'll send it but nothing. It kind of made me not very happy with the car but after 3 to 4 months of driving it I'm kinda getting used to it and happy with it. Clutch to me feels great, no slipping and it properly catches when engaging it. Stuff like remap I just have to investigate. What I'm saying is there are some people who may lie or not give prove of certain work which may be done. With my car for example the guy bought it for his wife and said he did this work so she doesn't break down. I'm sure with dealers they give you a warranty. Thankfully at the moment the car drives lovely but the injectors may get sent off to get reconditioned.
  4. 09 ford focus zetec cdti 1.6

DPF or turbo, I would usually expect an issue that is sufficient to trigger the "engine malfunction" warning on the dash would usually trigger a code. Some codes don't stay active but are stored historically, simple code readers i.e. £15 off Amazon type readers often only display "active" DTCs. Do you have and ELM327 cable and Forscan (software) or are you using a cheap generic ODB2 reader?
  5. If you could have any car

I would like some kind of Tesla. The specs are good, and I like gadgets. Unfortunately in my car park, there is nowhere to park that would facilitate charging. That, or a Focus RS. Just as long as i'm not paying for either. Totally impractical.
  6. Hi, I'm looking to fit LED halo ring fog surrounds onto my mk7 Fiesta. There are a few places I can get them but can someone please tell me how easy they are too fit? Hopefully someone has fitted these and know what do do! Here's a link to the website with instructions but still don' understand as haven't done this before 😣 thanks for any help! https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/fiesta-mk7-5-2013-2017/products/drl-indicator-led-ring-kit https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/fiesta-mk7-5-2013-2017/products/ambient-led-ring-kit
  7. Today
  8. 64 Plate Focus Zetec

New car picked up today Focus 120 Titanium 1.5 cdti http://s201.photobucket.com/user/Coopes_01/media/23736135_10155169891615765_3839209067283867036_o_1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
  9. 64 Plate Focus Zetec

New car picked up today Focus 120 Titanium 1.5 cdti
  10. Focus ST Line X 140

Joe, any response to the floor mat issue?
  11. Ford Fiesta ST Interior

It is an ST-3 and the dash and all the buttons look so cluttered, but the drive 😈
  12. Dealver vs Private

Thanks for your input, i was thinking the major thing to test for when buying private is head gasket failure and you can buy a test kit for 30 quid or so, if the head is ok then theres nothing That much worse
  13. Ford focus st 2006

At work today a 2006 ford focus st gas been sitting their since 2014 only done 7k miles!! One of the blokes I work with says he will buy it, and his father in law said oh we will need new parts which is fine. And we will need two batteries?? Is this true? And where are the locations thanks. [emoji41]
  14. Hi All, Just wondering if all these fixes turned out to be successful long term fixes as I've bought the sensor today and have the 15mm cut away socket arriving tomorrow?
  15. Dealver vs Private

yes it is about consumer protection rights really, that's the added benefit you get for your extra money (and it will possibly have been valetted, and HPI and insurance write off checked). It happens so often that someone has a problem with a car and they have a cheap bodge fix and sell it quick before it goes wrong again, only for the next owner private buyer to have a problem a few weeks later with no chance of getting the seller to do anything about it. Some cars are worse than others - diesels with dpf problems. ford 1.6tdci with turbos failing and leaking injector seals. So private is a bit of a lottery, even if you think you know what you're looking at it is impossible to check everything properly outside someone's house
  16. Windscreen wiper problems

Fordpartsuk, eBay or Amazon all sell them online.
  17. Things I Don't Like

I hate it when it spits down with little rain. For some reason the car looks more dirty after it spits down compared to a proper shower.
  18. If you could have any car

Rs200 👍👍👍👍👍
  19. Dealver vs Private

Indeed. I love it when dealers seem dead cross with you for lifting the bonnet and checking the levels and looking for leaks (head gasket, rocket cover etc.). I also plugged in my OBD2 scanner after one test drive and the guy looked at me as if I was stupid.
  20. Losing Things Down The Back Of The Handbrake

DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE A DRUG DEALER. So if you get pulled over want to hide your stash of coke, shove it down the hole next to the handbrake. Although it's probably just as easy to get caught, because either way you'll never see it again.
  21. Dealver vs Private

The problem is that I don't properly know what I'm looking for. Much more confident with my consumer rights. :)
  22. Windscreen wiper problems

Toothpaste is very slightly abrasive and I saw an improvement in my wiper judder problem after using it, you don't need to use much. Then it was virtually eliminated when I cleaned the whole windscreen with Cerium Oxide that I bought off Amazon. Now I just give the screen an occasional polish with Auto Glym Glass Polish to remove any traffic film and keep it clean..
  23. Windscreen wiper problems

Where’s the best place to get genuine ones from as the only place I can see easily is from my dealer and that just isn’t a convenient trip to make for some wipers
  24. Sync 3 dab track info

[emoji41] Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  1. Load more activity