AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Oldie Newbie!

Hi Welcome
  3. Recalls

i see mercedes are not doing to well either!
  4. Focus Mk2.5

Apart from some minor improvements the MK2.5 has the same sound deadening as the MK2. Considering that the Focus MK2 was developed in the early 2000's the road noise/sound deadening is not that bad. Most cars of that era are no better or even worse.
  5. Yellow headlight tint

Cheers mate
  6. Focus titanium 2012 mobile phone question

Both my 2011, and the 2014 I have now show a battery symbol and signal strength bars near the bottom right hand corner of the display above the radio head [both Grey coloured]. On my older Focuses there was a very nice blue Bluetooth symbol that to to light up when the phoned automaticity connected when I got in the car. But they seem to have done away with that now. A real shame.
  7. Oldie Newbie!

Hi All Just to say Hi to everyone, new member, picked up my first ever ST a few weeks back, it's taken me a while to get there but all good things n that :) Always been interesting in modding, be it cars, phones whatever, so looking forward to having a read through the forum. Cheers
  8. Recalls

The Kuga has been mentioned twice in the latest recall notice. https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/UKDVSA/bulletins/1b7fdec
  9. Focus Mk2.5

Do they? Can't say I get bad motorway road noise from mine, I do agree with the sound deadening though. It's shocking as standard If the mount has gone it needs replacing though and cud be the cause of his dash vibrating depending on its condition etc..
  10. Today
  11. FORS FOCUS MK2 INDUCTION KIT

There are lots of threads on here if you do a search on this subject. But it depends on what you want to achieve if you are just doing that then something like a K& N panel filter in your OEM box will be better that way you will not have to change it at service just give it a clean, flows better too . But if you are after more performance then what ever you do on its own this won't do a lot if anything( maybe 5 BHP hardly noticeable) but make a bit more induction noise and look cosmetically better. For performance you will do better with a remap in combination with the induction system its surprising how this will make a considerable difference to your desiel more torque etc (more torque the better).At least you have a 2ltr a decent size engine to start.
  12. Clutch

A quick check shows it's about 4-5 hours and costs a not-insignificant £600-700. I recall having a new clutch on my Renault years ago and they had to remove most of the engine to do it
  13. Focus Mk2.5

Motorway noise is standard for the mk2 Focus unfortunately. They suffer badly from road and wind noise and Ford didn't fit enough sound deadening. Unless it's specifically engine noise you're getting in the cabin, changing the mount won't make a difference to that.
  14. It's probably just the standard camber on the rear wheels causing it then. Get the same problem on quite a few cars. The trailing arm bushes are a common issue on Focus rears so might be worth double checking those.
  15. Focus Mk2.5

Hi and welcome to the forum.. If the mount has failed and by the sound of it yes it cud very well have or be about to, then it can cause the engine to vibrate and for u to feel it through the dash. I'd replace it asap as the other mounts will be being stressed more to take the extra strain so cud have premature wear on them.
  16. Enabling Automatic Lights

I reckon they should just fit them to everything zetec and above, it's just as much a safety feature as a comfort one imo...having to buy a top spec model for auto wipers and lights these days is daft! Most Peugeots had them as standard back in the early 00s...
  17. Mk 6 Fiesta Door Lock Control (GEM)

Thanks for your help Dan52 I am ordering the cable asap. Many thanks jesterfester85
  18. Low Coolant Warning Project questions

I run a cable from the engine bay fuse box across the loom at the rear of engine bay via a 1 amp fuse in a spare fuse location. I run the extra power cables when I converted the alarm system to a ST Cat 1 alarm. The fuse only feeds the sensor and the relay and is also easy to check all is well as with the bonnet up as you can see a dim glow from the led on the sensor. I tested my system and tilted the coolant tank while lifted off its mountings and is easy to do.
  19. Yellow headlight tint

Yeah you can have yellow at the front. Yellow fogs look good and are pretty common. Personally wouldn't do the headlights though, the light output will be reduced, it's not actually illegal though.
  20. Clutch

How long should it take a garage to fit a clutch? think mines on its way out and need to make sure i get the best possible price :)
  21. Ford Anglia E494a (e4930a)

Hi Just joined the club, hello!! I have an old Ford Anglia 1952 E494a (E4930a) and Im looking to replace the wings, anyone know where i could get them, or have them made? Many Thanks Dilwyn
  22. Focus Mk2.5

Hi everyone , firstly im new here to the forum so hello everyone . I have a problem with my 1.8 petrol Focus , its a 2009 model . For sometime now I have had an issue with a vibrating dash etc on tickover . Car drives fine although I do find it noisey at motorway speeds . Doing some research on here people point to a possible engine mount failure , the one near the expansion tank circular in shape ... fluid filled apparently ? I took off the expansion tank to try and look at the mounting ... it looks a little perished and on closer inspection , the soft centre has a hole in it . I can put my finger in it . Has this mounting failed would you think ? If replaced would that make the engine less noisey at motorway speed also ?
  23. Tyres?? Which ones.

Having a good look online and reviews these Bridgestone on now seems top or very close (Bridgestone potenza 205/40/17 ) was these standard on my car as there all 4 the same and being a very high speed rating 84w i just thought why being not a sport car say ST.
  24. Yellow headlight tint

Is it legal to tint my head lights and fogs yellow like this
  25. Focus Mk2.5

Hi everyone , firstly im new here to the forum so hello everyone . I have a problem with my 1.8 petrol Focus , its a 2009 model . For sometime now I have had an issue with a vibrating dash etc on tickover . Car drives fine although I do find it noisey at motorway speeds . Doing some research on here people point to a possible engine mount failure , the one near the expansion tank circular in shape ... fluid filled apparently ? I took off the expansion tank to try and look at the mounting ... it looks a little perished and on closer inspection , the soft centre has a hole in it . I can put my finger in it . Has this mounting failed would you think ? If replaced would that make the engine less noisey at motorway speed also ?
  26. Servicing.

That's the 'Ford Service' which does still include the mobility insurance. The over four years 'Motorcraft' service - which is the cheaper one - doesn't as far as I can tell - although there seems to have been the possibility of negotiating or paying an admin fee for it, although that may have just been a transitional arrangement.
  27. Hi I'm thinking about installing a cone INDUCTION kit onto my Gord Focus Ghia MK2 2.0 desiel but I'm unsure how to do this as I was going to remove the factory fitted air box and do it that why but I've read that you can get alot of heat absorption from it . Could someone please advice me Thanks Mark
  1. Load more activity