• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. New exhuast for my ford focus

So I want to get a borla exhaust for my 2014 zetec s 2.0 l but I can’t find any to fit it , the only ones for the focus are st. When looking up if I can fit the st one on my car everyone says the spare tyre well is in the way so could I remove it and possibly fit the st exhaust in my car
  3. I have just ran my car for about half an hour and then a warning light came on and on the dash was engine system fault any advise would be welcomed Thanks Pete
  4. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

Hi, Is this lead as in 'length of', or lead as in the heavy metal? Not sure where I could get this? Maplins? Thanks
  5. Dash cam advice!

* Admins, @alexp999 @Stoney871 etc can for the love of all things good in the world, can you please take a look at the censor rules. the other word for Bottom that starts with A and almost got me banned when I circumvented it with the use of a $ sign (ban squashed after appeal!) really isn't a bad word! :) ok so bottom hole might be, bit Big A isn't lol
  6. Around Christmastime, I crashed my Ford Focus Titanium X (2015) which required the side panel (that goes above the back tyre and around the windows) replaced. All fine and good. Everything else was fine. Since then, however, locking by touching the wee circle on the door handle no longer works. Opening the car by just going for the door handle works fine, but locking does not work - on either door. I don't know if it has any connection to the repair, but, either way, this aspect has not worked at all since. Any thoughts on anything I could try? The garage that did the repair is washing their hands of it.
  7. Mk8 Delivery Delays?

when somebody receives their st line X model, please post some images on the thread. would love to see some photos of an x model. I know it wont look that much different but im just intrigued at looking at st line images, considering there still arnt that many photos about online yet due to the limited supply.
  8. Dash cam advice!

well, all you need to do to get out of a situation like that is find some random person who has parked else where in the carpark say to them "I think I hit your car, can you go check" they come back and says its fine. Job done. You have done everything reasonably possible in contacting the owner. absolute joke of a Court. The police officers were gobsmacked. quote "How many more times does someone have to run in to a car before its a crime" the second impact was the bigy, it actually pushed the car back a few inches. New NS wing and Bumper. Some other bottom hole did it again the other day. got him charged as well, damage was a small scratch but that's not the point, you don't back in to a car and bugger off. Incidentally, its ALWAYS these big bottom SUV / fake 4x4 cars that do this. they should be given a different driving licence for them or something because clearly folk cant drive them properly.
  9. Today
  10. Hi I have a 66 plate Focus Titanium with parking sensors. Suddenly this week the display on the Sync 2 is not showing the parking sensor proximity. However the 'beeps' still work. Any advice welcome. Phil
  11. Focus mk2.5 rear spoiler

lol its not that tis bad, I like an aggressive look as much as the next person. but its definitely turned up to 11 :)
  12. You don't mention age of your car but 2009 onwards its screws.
  13. To diesel, or not to diesel.....that is the question!

It is a fantastic cruiser, it's just a shame they softened it maybe a little too much and lost the magic. That said, in the US Ford allow customers the option to spec adaptive suspension so you can stiffen it up a bit, shame UK (and I assume other EU countries) don't get that choice. (Not that I'll be able to afford one any time soon in any case!)
  14. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

Wow Peter! Thank you for taking the time to try this! Much clearer thank you. I did wonder if this is not successful could I drill out the bad in the connector head, re socket the long wire and then pass straight through the connector head ( through hole made by drill bit) on to the pin on the board, effectively bypassing the connector head completely.
  15. Their tools are alright for the money, usually no quibbles on warranty either. Ive bought a few batteries from them too, no issues there either. i still buy bulbs from them as they work out cheap on trade and with the store being a stone throw from my house it’s convenient.
  16. Things I Do Like

When you buy a full set of wipers for under £9 and all amazing,no judder or smear and fits A1. I never buy top wipers as i have never had a issue with cheap ones,ones on before were over 12 months old and just wanted to go back to the 16'' on the passenger front not 15'' what was on.
  17. Focus mk2.5 rear spoiler

Hey what's wrong with the RS spoiler, I've just bought one 😀
  18. MK7.5 Fiesta ST-Line - Subtle Mods!

mrg take care modding the car as the way your going it looks like you may invalidate your insurance. even a change of radio in a car can invalidate the insurance unless you notify them . my son has the st3 with all the extras added by ford . the lit up scuff plates are a great touch. just dont over do it as your starting to look like a boy racer just by removing the eco badge and changing the mirror covers
  19. Im driving around the world/Social media advice needed

Due to lackadaisical typing I'm making a huge amount of typos, and have realised I can't go back and edit, I'll make a point to change this from here on, I can only apologise for those reading the above cotent! If there's a way to allow me to edit content due to grammar do let me know as the edit boxes have disappeared.
  20. I had mine from Twall ford dealer and i have to say so far they are very good,well going back just over 3 years even the manger took me out for a test drive on a Sunday and after sales are ok,not 100% but still good. I had 2 teat drives as i didn't know what to do but all fine there.
  21. Dash Cam Installation

From my understanding the F800 came out towards end of last year or some point a few months before at least. The F800 pro is the more recent one and I think comes with the hardwire kit as standard if your getting the dual cam kit. Plus a few extra features but not by much I think cloud features is one or might just be a general update they didn’t realease when the F800 was originally released. in terms of two wires, you only need the hard wire kit if you plan to use parking mode Etc. So that the cam has constant power as not all cars have a constant live on feed from the cig lighter. Also theres a feature when hardwired to set the min voltage to the cam to stop it draining your battery dead when car battery hits that set level. Im going away in July and will be parking in the long stay car park so it’s ideal so I won’t come back to a dead battery lol i do plan to get one of those magic pro batteries or whatever the ones that are recommended to work with this particular model to extend battery amount. Done A lot of research lol so one wire will go to a constant live feed (wiper fuse) and the other to probably my ignition fuse for the live on/off to enable the parking feature.
  22. D13HPD ST-2

They do look pretty special! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  23. Dash Cam Installation

Why does it need two feeds? Genuinely interested as I would have thought all you would need is a constant live if you plan to leave it on full time. Are you concerned about potential battery drain? It’s only a small draw I know but the potential is there, you could use one of those magic power boxes that monitor the battery voltage and behaves in a pre programmed way depending on the voltage. Strangely enough I was only just talking to my dad about the exact same camera, he was saying he has his eye on a dual channel one. Is there a new one coming out, or is this the new one? He’s hoping the older version dual Chanel might come down in price lol Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  24. MK7.5 Fiesta ST-Line - Subtle Mods!

Ive never heard of it called a dead pedal before, learn something new every day. I tend to just hook my left foot behind my right foot if that makes sense, which I know is probably quite dangerous. Those bulbs look good, keep us updated on how long they last. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  25. Debadge - Opinions?

Could you send a link to where you bought the pinstripe?
  26. Remap thoughts

More complicated than that. Car makers have to balance many demands and the standard manufacturer map is actually quite a sophisticated and well considered thing. In deciding its map Ford would have balanced, among other things - how much strain its parts can take (will they get through the warranty period, particularly because parts are themselves built down to a price); the demands of customers in terms of fuel economy (excellent headline figures look good even if most of us know they are basically fiction); customer and government demands in terms of emissions (government rules on emissions levels across ranges, customers wanting lower tax); customer demands in terms of power and how it is delivered (we all want a quick car that's nice to drive); insurance groups (higher powered cars cost more to insure and this could drive away younger customers in particular; maintenance which could become more frequent (i.e. less attractive to customers) with engines in a higher state of tune. Essentially all the default map is, is Ford's opinion/judgement on the optimum settings to strike the best possible balance of a lot of things. They would have spent ages debating all of this in design groups, board meetings, and all sorts of other places!
  27. Dash Cam Installation

As Jonro said this hardwire kit doesnt come with any piggy back adaptors, and from what I remember most of my fuses are mini/micro fuses since last year my cig fuse blew so had to replace it. I ordered from direct from the UKs thinkwire website which is a approved seller for Thinkware in the UK from what I read. Luckily my car has the fuse diagram so it will be easy to find which 2 fuses to use for the two cables (live and live/off) and then find a nice screw to attach the earth wire to. The kit does come with a cig lighter cable as standard
  1. Load more activity