AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Etis problem,had e-mail back.

What browser? Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  3. Surely Pipper is an individual.? Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  4. air direction control

I like that [emoji16] "DOG COP- A Quinn Martin production"! "Filmed in front of a bored audience" Dan Dan Dahhh!! Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  5. The faults and fixes aren't that important at the end of the day, the important thing is that we learn new things and pass that knowledge forward. Glad to hear that you seem to have it cracked now [emoji106] Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  6. Injector sound

Well if it's properly dried on then most likely it's oil which was spilled when you serviced it. Im sure the patch should look moist / wet as that would show diesel had recently went on there. I don't know how the engine looks on the mk7 fiesta diesels. On my mk6 fiesta 1.6 diesel engine the air filter is on the top right with the cover which covers the top of the injectors. You could clean the patch and see if anything comes up. If no diesel accumulates under the cover then the seals are good and probably it's and injector going faulty. I'm sure there was a YouTube video of someone showing the 1.6 hdi engine with the injector seals gone. I don't know what engine you have but you could search on YouTube and see if anyone made a video of the injector seals or one injector going wrong and listen to see if it sounds like what you have.
  7. Today
  8. Does anyone know what a reasonable price would be to have a set of glow plugs replaced?
  9. Mk3 Instrument Cluster Swap

some one stole the 2 lol ok glad i never bought one then. do you think the needles would fit mk2 fl clocks ?
  10. Foo Fighters new album!

Loved the foos when I was younger and still have a few tracks in my 'driving' playlist! Haven't kept up with new music out for many years (too busy writing my own) but will definitely give this a look!
  11. Adams story game

Real thing by adding
  12. Things I Don't Like

Can you get to it with normal spanners and lock 2 together to get enough leverage without over length from a breaker bar?
  13. Massive job mate. Not only would you need all the switches, but likely an entire loom, relays for the passengers side and motors, relays and all the other internal parts for the rears. Not to mention new door cards for the rears and a new GEM from a Ghia. Even if you could find all the parts at a scrappy it's still likely be cheaper to buy a Ghia at that age really.
  14. Focus Mk1 Electric Windows

Sounds like the physical switch on the driver's side is damaged. Either that or the loom to it has been pinched or damaged. If you have one touch up and down windows you could try resetting the window memory but I think it may not work in your case. Wind a window all the way down then press down again and hold for 3 seconds. Then wind up and press up again and hold for 3 seconds. Repeat for each window. Good luck!
  15. Things I Don't Like

Like last week it was an alternator top mount: I have another tonight but far more inaccessible that one I could at least get at the other end, tonight's rounded off bolt has a welded on nut that more inaccessible than itself The top offside rear shock absorber bolt, who is inconveniently obscured from view by the sub chassis and coil spring mount and at the rear, the spare wheel well blocks direct access to it. All socketry has to go via a UJ, rendering any impact tool more or less ineffective I have broken 2 UJs so far trying to not to let that way, whilst I tried. Admittedly they weren't impact rated UJs just regular ones There too much flexibilty when you add a breaker bar, to the already long multi-extensions (to get around the fuel pipes that also in the way) with the UJ on the end before the socket. My regular wrenches aren't long enough to get the torque. It's now soaking in GT85: PlusGas would be better but I don't know where you can get it from locally (and in the evening too). tomorrow I shall try heating the nut end with Mapp gas torch whilst freezing the bolt with plumbers arctic spray. Yep that's the one
  16. LED build change over.

I've left my lights in auto since I got my EDGE last December, It does the auto main/high beam switch when it sees tail lights in front, on coming traffic and lit streets. Not had one person flash me yet! (probably 'cos the light from the 1 candela halogens doesn't actually reach them ) and they work all the time for me, they don't seem to be speed dependant, but I'll check that next time I'm out. One of the features I really like.
  17. You really need live telemetry to figure out a problem like this. Could be MAF, fuel pressure, TPS or any number of things really. If you can get a hold of an ELM cable (about £20 I think) and ForScan software (free online) you can hook it up to a laptop and go for a drive. Hopefully if you are recording various sensor states with ForScan and it happens to play up, it might help pinpoint your problem. Edit: actually does forscan do telemetry for mk2?
  18. air direction control

You are. Dog Cop. Actually that's a really cool title for a crappy American TV show.
  19. If you still have your old phone will it still connect automatically? If not it could point to a problem with the Bluetooth module itself but may be recoverable with a system update if there is one available.
  20. Sync3 and Climate screen

Neil, do you have a heated steering wheel too ?
  21. air direction control

I know I should have pushed myself to become a DC [emoji41] Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  22. Zetec S Logo

If you've already scoured the net I would pop down to your local dealer and take a close up on your phone. That'll be high enough resolution for your needs I would think.
  23. Wireless Dongle For ForScan

Sorry I can't be much help here but wanted to say that most folk here prefer a cable and laptop. Obviously not ideal for your intended setup but personally I wouldn't want a read or write operation interrupted due to a connection drop. I'm sure someone will be along who can recommend one they've had success with though.
  24. Ford Focus zetec 2007

I remember reading that heated windscreen problems are due to breaks in the filament that runs through it somewhere near the wipers, assuming you've checked that the fuse is ok? Normal symptom is that one side stops working first though. As to your cluster issue you are obviously aware that cluster faults were common on the mk2 and usually resulted in the car not starting die to immobiliser problems. My guess would have been a bad solder joint to the trace for the LEDs. I would assume that an auto electrician would have had the cluster out and tested the led circuit to make sure the LEDs haven't been damaged, but also that the trace to the correct pin on the connector is also ok. Assuming your indicators otherwise work ok, I would have suggested checking the indicator relay.
  25. air direction control

Of course Uncle Stoney and Google are also your friends :)
  26. Ford badge gel domed for fiesta 09 plate

Glad you found what you were looking for... in the place... where I suggested you look in the first place... =]
  27. Thanks for you advise peter, have it booked into a different garage next week. Will quote some of this info....
  1. Load more activity