• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Philf1's Nitrous Blue Focus RS

Any plans to go visit Litchfield in the future? I’ve read good things about their RS packs. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. D13HPD ST-2

Looks great mate, it’s really coming together. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Today
  5. The cars got a quite hefty clunk or knock from front end. Its just had a new clutch so whilst in the garage I asked them to fix the noise. They can't find it ! They've tried all the bushes, linkages, etc, everything seems to be order but yet I still have this heavy clunky noise. My gut feeling is that its not directly connected suspension, could be wrong ! So what else could it be ??
  6. Engine Malfunction - Service Now

Hi, Did You Get Your 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Fixed In The End ???? If So What Was The Problem As I have The Same Issue !
  7. Hi everyone im new to the Ford group. I was wondering if you guys /woman could shed a bit of light on the this issue I'm having I brought 62 plate diesel focus less then a month ago from the main dealer and I'm now getting a vibration though my cluch pedal is this normal. The car has done 47000 .Should I get it checked or leave it . cheers
  8. Are Modern cars really that fast?

0 - 60 times are irrelevent in terms of real world practical driving Whereas how your car delivers power between 30 - 50 mph in 4th gear and 50 - 70 mph in 5th gear to facilitate safer overtaking is much more important...... :-)
  9. Hi, The battery light comes on after ten seconds as I have the alternator 3-pin plug disconnected. If I pull the fuse (or disconnect the wire) for the 12v 'reference voltage' at the alternator and reconnect the plug... can anyone confirm that the alternator will stay in 'default' mode and the battery warning light stay off? Regards Peter <background> The battery went flat overnight so I charged it up and went for a drive. The battery lost a couple of volts during the next night so I charged it up again, went for a drive. I popped the +ve lead off and inserted an ammeter, 0.5A drain. Before pulling fuses I disconnected the alternator main lead, drain dropped off, but didn't return when I reconnected the main lead. After another short drive I reconnected the ammeter, 0.5A drain, I disconnected the alternator 3-pin plug, the drain dropped off, didn't return when I reconnected the plug. I understand that leaving this plug disconnected puts the alternator into 'default' mode, it charges the battery at 13.9v (confirmed) and wouldn't cause any long-term problems. I've swapped the battery (Li-On) for a lead-acid 60Ah that I had as a spare. I've been driving like this for a week, the battery stays fully charged.
  10. Fiesta Mk7.5 USB

Android phones often have the option pop up asking if you just want to charge or the type of USB connection to make (mass storage, media device, etc). It does vary by manufacturer though. The Chinese phones often have more options. You could modify any usb cable, in theory. They just have 4 pins and 4 wires, for charging you only need the 5V and ground. (although as I say unless the phone manufacturer decides not to accept the 5V without a data connection present).
  11. Fiesta Mk7.5 USB

Thanks for your advice guys, really helpful. I will try Gary's method this evening, and failing that, Alex's. It will also apply to android phones (likely a Huawei) because I am due a new phone soon. @alexp999 Can that be done with a USB - to - micro USB cable?
  12. Dials stuck briefly at startup

I know low battery voltage can sometimes cause the computer systems to go wonky, but flickering headlights as a sign of low voltage is when they're set to on not off. Changing the battery might be a starting point, but there could be something else electrical going on too.
  13. Dials stuck briefly at startup

The headlight bulb flickers not an icon for it. I saw it reflecting back off the car in front when parked.
  14. Fiesta Mk7.5 USB

You might be able to get a charging only usb cable. Or you could modify a spare/cheap cable and cut the data wires. This assumes the iphone will charge over USB without a data connection.
  15. Fiesta Mk7.5 USB

Possibly in your phone settings. Some allow you to set the USB port for just charging. However this only sometimes works. Did on my Motorola which runs stock Android but not on my Samsung. It's annoying on the Samsung as it starts playing my phone calls back to me!
  16. Dials stuck briefly at startup

Battery voltage is always higher straight after switching the engine off. It takes a bit of time to "settle" to it's actual state of charge. That said, re-reading your earlier post, you said the headlights flicker even set to off? Do you mean the actual bulbs or just the icon for it?
  17. Leak in my boot,

the Mk2 does have a common boot leak but its the hinge of the tail gate itself. that allows water to come down the side and in to the boot. you really need to find the source of the leak before sealing it up inside the case. all you may end up doing is filling the panel with water and causing a leak elsewhere.
  18. Fiesta Mk7.5 USB

This is one of those "is there a way?" threads, sorry! Is there a way to connect your phone to the car's USB slot (near the handbrake and aux slot) in order to charge your phone, but without it trying to connect it to the car. The reason for my asking is because the charging port on my iPhone 6 can be quite dodgy and so I always connect via bluetooth. So when it is attached via USB it continually disconnects/connects causing music and phone calls to be cut out.
  19. Dials stuck briefly at startup

Ok so drove the car home and checked the voltage this time it was 12.6, would this be because its freshly charged? If I get a battery is it an easy DIY job? do those battery memory savers work? I don't have my radio code.
  20. D13HPD ST-2

loving the head lights fella nice touch
  21. look forward to seeing the updates and the colour coded rear bumper
  22. Leak in my boot,

Hello I have a mk2 , With all the bad weather we are having I have spring a leak. No surprise their but I think I have found the place it's coming in and thought I would share just in case it's of use. So the leak I have found is in a seam . The seem is on the right hand side of the boot if I look at the luggage light there's a hole and if you look through the hole there's a seam under what would be the lower screw fixing for the rear light cluster, so on my dinner today I plan on sealing it with sealant also I'm going to put sealant around both screw fixings for the rear light cluster. Hope this kind of makes sense. Regards Adam
  23. Bulb fallen inside puddle light

Good effort.
  24. sale on

https://www.gsfcarparts.com/ seems canny you get 57% off if you use this code jan57
  25. Fog lights

Have you turned on the headlamps?
  26. Bulb fallen inside puddle light

managed to eventually hook it out with some double sided tap on the end of a small allen key
  27. New Daily driver - Fiesta Zetec S

No problem in hijacking dansallis But to flesh it out a bit more with the eco button - from the manual: I've not noticed any difference pressing the Eco button as I've only just pressed it! Just completed 3 full tanks driving smoothly and economically to and from work without Eco button pushed and have averaged 50.4mpg (calculated) over those full tanks. I've now pressed the Eco button and will do another 3 full tanks on the same commute (and same grade of petrol from the same Shell station) to make a direct comparison. It did feel a bit more sluggish this morning but I've only done 35 miles so far with the Eco button pushed. Will update when I have some comparable data.
  1. Load more activity