• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sync3 Firmware and Nav Updates

Thanks for that - it looks like they charge or am i reading it wrong?
  3. Are those LED or those halogen bulbs with a blue coating? When I replaced the front sidelights to the LED ones I noticed the previous owner fitted halogen bulbs with the blue glass. I thought the reason for them having blue glass is so they give out a white light but they where just yellow. I don't know where these LEDs are from as they were spare ones my dad had. I ordered some LED sidelight bulbs for my grans car and some LED number plate lights for myself from autobeam so can give you feedback for them when they come and fitted.
  4. Help very much required. For the passed 2 weeks almost every day I seem to be having trouble with my car. I have a 2017 ford fiesta zetec 1.0 ecoboost. Sometimes when I am stopped in traffic then go to pull off, as I find the biting point and release the emegency brake the car does not move, even when I apply the accelerator. When I then go to reapply the emergency brake it feels very stiff and won't depress. If I try to move off again it does the same thing. I have to aggressively push the brake a few times to get it to unstick. This has happened a few times specifically when I have released the clutch a bit too fast and twice after the car has been stalled (when it doesn't' ask for a manual restart) but other times it just happens when it's a normal pull off. It is important to say that once the emergency brake has been released in these situations the car does not roll forward or back. I've checked the brake servo to see if something was wrong with that, my brakes aren't spongy and usually just applying the lightest bit of pressure stops the car so I am not sure what is going on. My clutch seems to work fine too, my auto start stop works and I have to push the clutch down to start my engine, I also have no problem with changing gears (beyond the odd occasion where it pops out of reverse but this happened in my instructors car too which is the same model as mine) have tried to Google it but nothing that sounds like this pops up. I would prefer to know what it may be before taking it to the garage. If anyone could please help me with this I would very mich appreciate it!
  5. Help very much required. For the passed 2 weeks almost every day I seem to be having trouble with my car. I have a 2017 ford fiesta zetec 1.0 ecoboost. Sometimes when I am stopped in traffic then go to pull off, as I find the biting point and release the emegency brake the car does not move, even when I apply the accelerator. When I then go to reapply the emergency brake it feels very stiff and won't depress. If I try to move off again it does the same thing. I have to aggressively push the brake a few times to get it to unstick. This has happened a few times specifically when I have released the clutch a bit too fast and twice after the car has been stalled (when it doesn't' ask for a manual restart) but other times it just happens when it's a normal pull off. It is important to say that once the emergency brake has been released in these situations the car does not roll forward or back. I've checked the brake servo to see if something was wrong with that, my brakes aren't spongy and usually just applying the lightest bit of pressure stops the car so I am not sure what is going on. My clutch seems to work fine too, my auto start stop works and I have to push the clutch down to start my engine, I also have no problem with changing gears (beyond the odd occasion where it pops out of reverse but this happened in my instructors car too which is the same model as mine) have tried to Google it but nothing that sounds like this pops up. I would prefer to know what it may be before taking it to the garage. If anyone could please help me with this I would very mich appreciate it!
  6. Strange Ticking Noise When Cold

That sounds valve gear noise like to me. The noise mine makes is as if there is a fast ticking clock in the background, it sounds completely independent of the main engine/valve gear noise. I'll try and get a recording of it.
  7. If you could have any car

I cant help but love, want need Eleanor the 1967 gt500 same colour, same everything, not the best car in the world I know but for me it ticks every box and back to reality I go
  8. problem with radio

Hi I have a 09 plate Mondeo Titanium X, Twice now the convers+ thinks there is no radio in that I can't use the voice stuff and the dash display has the radio greyed out even though the radio etc is still working fully, It is as though the radio is turned off but its still on. Can anyone suggest anything? Kind regards Graeme
  9. Focus ST Line X 140

You'll also want chrome indicator bulbs to get rid of the orange tint in the lenses. T15 Cree LED reverse bulbs are also a good upgrade. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F172078850989 Climair or Heko vents are also a stylish and practical addition (they reduce wind noise with windows open and cut down on water run-off from the roof pouring onto the door sills). Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  10. Ford Focus Mk3 Rear Bumper Reflector Leds

They look great. Where they easy to wire in?
  11. Cant enter radio code

The code is not direct entry. Each button scrolls the code. Example - 4321 would be button 1 press 4 times, button 2 press 3 times, button 3 press twice and button 4 press once. Once done then press button 5 to submit the code. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  12. Fiesta Mk6 blowing hot air only

Is it a digital or manual AC control unit!?
  13. Hi all, i have a strange probiem with my Ford Focus 1.6Tdci Mk2 5 door Someone ran into the back of me and damaged my rear boot/hatch. I replaced it with one from the scrapyard and now none of the 3 brake lights work. The side lights on the rear come on when the lights are switched on, the rear indicators/hazards work, the wiper and the rear window heater all work but not the brake light. I have checked the bulb and both filaments are fine. However I did notice the fuse (15amp on fuse location 132 was blown) and I’ve replaced it, but no joy, and it’s not blown since It defintley worked on the previous one. I even tried the previous one and it’s the same, no brake lights I’m no electrician so I’m a bit stuck on what to check next . TIA for any help
  14. Today
  15. If you could have any car

I think someone on here asked much the same question a couple of years ago but there was a £100,000 limit! My choice was an American 50s Ford pickup, a 65/66 Mustang AND a 70s Ranchero! You could get a half decent one of each of them for about 20 grand a piece. The rest of the 40 grand would be spent on maintenance and petrol!!! New, fast cars do absolutely NOTHING for me! What's the point in a car that can do 185mph in a country where the speed limit is 70?
  16. Cant enter radio code

I have a ford fiesta with a 4500 RDS E.O.N i have tryed to enter my code but it wont let me enter the first number of the code it will take the 234 numbers but not the first.Nothing comes up when i press the first digit no number just keeps flashing.
  17. DPF replacement, argh!

Cheers might look at that. He's arguing against the wrong description, said I'm free to return for a refund but at my cost for postage. Not having any of it, despite having documentation from ford proving the moron wrong!
  18. Dtc D900 & failure to start

What voltage do you have when the car is running?
  19. Windscreen stone chip repair

It's worth getting fixed before it spreads, it's usually guaranteed and your insurance will usually recommend this
  20. Hey! I’ve got an engine issue which has been going on for quite a while now but seems to be getting worse lately! Basically the issue is that the engine starts juddering - when you start it up cold it’s almost constant until you start driving then it’s fine ish! - in a 30 min drive it might judder/pop around 6 times but a longer journey it starts juddering around an hour in and seems to judder every 30 secs or so! Its recently had a full service (it was juddering before this!) so everything is topped up, as in oil etc I’ve also recently added fuel additives to try and help but doesn’t seem to have helped! It’s an 08 fiesta diesel - the juddering on start up is almost constant - and looks and feels quite violent! Any help would be appreciated!! Thank you :)
  21. I actually thought I had! [emoji23] Was looking at my pics and wondering why they look so yellow - pretty sure I got Osram Cool Blue all around. Something I definitely have to check! Those look lots better Sent from my Phantom6 using Tapatalk
  22. Android 7.0 stopping news feeds.

Ok here is a weird thing........Im a android novice but please read as i found this strange. To do with notifications....................All setting on ebay app are all ticked and A1 as you will see when you read all of this. I go onto Ebay on my p.c/Laptop and put a few things in my Watch list,go onto App on phone and all there as they should be same account......But. When the item is ending (15 minutes) i get no notification,no pop up on the screen,no sound not a thing only if i open the phone app the red dot to say i have notifications. So do all the same on my p.c but go onto phone and open each one i have in my watch list and unwatch then watch again and all work fine,pop up in middle of screen and sound. Is this the only app that will do this or will i get the same off Amazon etc and do any of you get the same,please feedback on this would be great.
  23. Tool boxes

If you're any good with timber, maybe an excuse to make your own? Can be any size/shape you want with any combination of drawers/cupboards, and overengineer to your hearts content.
  24. Just check there are no metal shields (think ball joint shield) near or touching the brake disc.
  25. Sync3 Firmware and Nav Updates

Have they given you the VIN number yet? If so go to this site and register for an independent user account then you can view all of the car's specs- http://www.etis.ford.com/ It appears to be temporarily down at the moment though. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  26. Dash cam

what are the peoples choice when it comes to dash cams for the Edge? I've never owned one but will get one when i get my 2017 edge sport.
  27. Windscreen stone chip repair

If it's within the drivers viewing area they won't (shouldn't) repair it, will be replacement only.
  1. Load more activity