• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ford Focus Mk1 Face Lift - Brake Light Issue - NEED HELP

You got any ideas how changing the stretch fit drive belts? My Focus doesn't have a tensioner and I am struggling to find the tool needed to fit the stretch fit properly.
  3. May be leaving ford :( is this a good deal?

I do not unfortunately
  4. May be leaving ford :( is this a good deal?

Do you have any in-gear comparisons? That usually makes the biggest difference in my experience.
  5. May be leaving ford :( is this a good deal?

1.8TFSI Power 177 bhp Top Speed 149 mph 0-60 mph 6.7 secs Torque 250 Nm, 184 ft-lb CO2 Emissions 138 g/km Euro Emissions Standard 6 Miles Per Tank 517 miles VS My current fiesta Power 138 bhp Top Speed 125 mph 0-60 mph 8.7 secs Torque 210 Nm, 155 ft-lb CO2 Emissions 104 g/km Euro Emissions Standard 6 Miles Per Tank 572 miles Is that really a big jump?
  6. MK7.5 Fiesta ST-Line - Subtle Mods!

Lol I do the same thing. I only take my foot off when traffic is flowing nicely.
  7. Today
  8. Hi everyone im new to the Ford group. I was wondering if you guys /woman could shed a bit of light on the this issue I'm having I brought 62 plate diesel focus less then a month ago for main dealer and I'm now getting a vibration though my cluch pedal is this normal the car has done 47000 or should I get it checked or leAve it cheers
  9. Mk6 fiesta zetec s 1.6 tdci

Hi zain611 I put an obd 2 reader in my car when I had the engine management light was on and I got no error codes Thanks Pete
  10. Debadge - Opinions?

Here you go mate, I got the 6mm one but there are different widths: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F272917606204
  11. Mk6 fiesta zetec s 1.6 tdci

The best way to diagnose something when you get a engine management light is to use a diagnostic tool. Without that it's kind of guessing / trying to find what might cause it.
  12. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

Yes, just a bit of wire that can easily be soldered. My desk and floor is usually littered with them, cut off from components as they are used. But that may not be much use to you! Copper wire, like a strand of some ordinary wire, would do, but is very soft, and will not push in, it will bend. Maybe a pin (sewing type of pin) could make a hole to push the wire into. The aim of this stage is to try to make a way to hold the two pieces of broken wire together while being soldered, and to re-inforce the joint a bit after soldering. The alternative is just to tin both ends of the broken wire with normal flux cored solder, then to push them together while applying a bit more solder to the joint with the iron. In fact that is almost what I ended up doing in the photos above. The insulation will melt back, and hopefully allow a bit of overlap or interlocking of the wires. Messy, but can be quite effective. Your idea of going straight through the connector may work if this fails, or maybe even just go around the side of the connector. I don't know how thick the loom wires are, they may be a bit big to neatly solder to the pcb without shorts to adjacent pins. Extending them with short pieces of thinner wire might work. I hope the broken wires are not the ignition coil wires, these have high voltage on them, and need extra insulation or clearance. They are ECU pins M1 & M3. But most of the wires are just signals, or low power sensor supplies, so thickness & insulation are not critical. If handling the ECU pcb, take some static electricity precautions: Earth the iron, earth yourself by touching the car body and earth before handling the ECU. and touch the ECU by its case or an earth or ground connection before handling any other pins. When I was working on my IC, I got out of the car once while holding the IC one one hand, went to shut the door with the other, and got a massive static shock . It hurt me, but the IC survived, as it was not in the direct path of the shock. But if I had sent that static shock through the IC, it would probably have killed it!
  13. MK7.5 Fiesta ST-Line - Subtle Mods!

Yh I'm trying to be careful about invalidating the insurance, and looking like a boy racer! I'm all done for mods now as anymore and it would begin to look chavvy. I think what I've done so far is make it my own but not look too much like all the other 17 year olds with modified cars.
  14. MK7.5 Fiesta ST-Line - Subtle Mods!

Yh, most people call it a footrest to my knowledge. The bulbs have a 2 year warranty so if anything goes wrong its should just be a straight replacement!
  15. New exhuast for my ford focus

So I want to get a borla exhaust for my 2014 zetec s 2.0 l but I can’t find any to fit it , the only ones for the focus are st. When looking up if I can fit the st one on my car everyone says the spare tyre well is in the way so could I remove it and possibly fit the st exhaust in my car
  16. I have just ran my car for about half an hour and then a warning light came on and on the dash was engine system fault any advise would be welcomed Thanks Pete
  17. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

Hi, Is this lead as in 'length of', or lead as in the heavy metal? Not sure where I could get this? Maplins? Thanks
  18. Dash cam advice!

* Admins, @alexp999 @Stoney871 etc can for the love of all things good in the world, can you please take a look at the censor rules. the other word for Bottom that starts with A and almost got me banned when I circumvented it with the use of a $ sign (ban squashed after appeal!) really isn't a bad word! :) ok so bottom hole might be, bit Big A isn't lol
  19. Around Christmastime, I crashed my Ford Focus Titanium X (2015) which required the side panel (that goes above the back tyre and around the windows) replaced. All fine and good. Everything else was fine. Since then, however, locking by touching the wee circle on the door handle no longer works. Opening the car by just going for the door handle works fine, but locking does not work - on either door. I don't know if it has any connection to the repair, but, either way, this aspect has not worked at all since. Any thoughts on anything I could try? The garage that did the repair is washing their hands of it.
  20. Mk8 Delivery Delays?

when somebody receives their st line X model, please post some images on the thread. would love to see some photos of an x model. I know it wont look that much different but im just intrigued at looking at st line images, considering there still arnt that many photos about online yet due to the limited supply.
  21. Dash cam advice!

well, all you need to do to get out of a situation like that is find some random person who has parked else where in the carpark say to them "I think I hit your car, can you go check" they come back and says its fine. Job done. You have done everything reasonably possible in contacting the owner. absolute joke of a Court. The police officers were gobsmacked. quote "How many more times does someone have to run in to a car before its a crime" the second impact was the bigy, it actually pushed the car back a few inches. New NS wing and Bumper. Some other bottom hole did it again the other day. got him charged as well, damage was a small scratch but that's not the point, you don't back in to a car and bugger off. Incidentally, its ALWAYS these big bottom SUV / fake 4x4 cars that do this. they should be given a different driving licence for them or something because clearly folk cant drive them properly.
  22. Hi I have a 66 plate Focus Titanium with parking sensors. Suddenly this week the display on the Sync 2 is not showing the parking sensor proximity. However the 'beeps' still work. Any advice welcome. Phil
  23. Focus mk2.5 rear spoiler

lol its not that tis bad, I like an aggressive look as much as the next person. but its definitely turned up to 11 :)
  24. You don't mention age of your car but 2009 onwards its screws.
  25. To diesel, or not to diesel.....that is the question!

It is a fantastic cruiser, it's just a shame they softened it maybe a little too much and lost the magic. That said, in the US Ford allow customers the option to spec adaptive suspension so you can stiffen it up a bit, shame UK (and I assume other EU countries) don't get that choice. (Not that I'll be able to afford one any time soon in any case!)
  26. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

Wow Peter! Thank you for taking the time to try this! Much clearer thank you. I did wonder if this is not successful could I drill out the bad in the connector head, re socket the long wire and then pass straight through the connector head ( through hole made by drill bit) on to the pin on the board, effectively bypassing the connector head completely.
  27. Their tools are alright for the money, usually no quibbles on warranty either. Ive bought a few batteries from them too, no issues there either. i still buy bulbs from them as they work out cheap on trade and with the store being a stone throw from my house it’s convenient.
  1. Load more activity