• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. MK3 Focus - What not to do with FoCCCus...

Have you got the anti-Hijacking enabled and working now? I desperately want this feature on! If so can you tell me a step by step guide and what to buy, thanks 😃
  3. Front parking sensor on focus mk3

No, that is not possible. Without the wiring and front sensors connected a PAM module that supports both front and rear parking sensors generates DTC codes and disables the complete parking sensor system.
  4. Cluster Problem?

This problem turned out to be that the cigarette lighter illumination connector was touching to earth, it had no bulb in it anyway because the bulb holder was knackered and would not hold a bulb.
  5. 1.0 petrol versus 1.5 petrol

at least both varients use a proper auto box and not powershift rubbish.
  6. Possible cluster Problem Focus 07

I think there has been a load of stuff on this forum before about cluster faults on mk2 Focus where the solder on the circuit board in the cluster cracks. i think there are companies that will repair your cluster. I'm sure there was also a photo guide on this forum on how to do it yourself with a soldering iron (lots of dismantling involved) and probably not suitable for someone to do if they have never used a solderng iron before
  7. 1.6 Diesel fuel filter

they are all the same so nothing to worry about. but if you do want to get the ford part number 1882099 it can be found here for £20 eBay item number: 263122152917... this one from ebay is from a ford dealer eBay item number:272378868761 £22. will fit your car as i have the same car.
  8. I have just bought a 2003 Mondeo. The centrel locking works with the key, but will not work with the fob, it will unlock the boot, and I can hear the locks trying to open but they lock back straight away
  9. Update Sync 2 The Easy Way

Hi how do I update my sync 2? It’s currently 4.32 and which language pack do I download
  10. Which automatic Fiesta to buy?

powershift was never used in the 1,4 engine. 1.4 was fitted with the 4f27e 4 speed auto
  11. Modified Fusion

Many thanks Sir, I think the amber lenses spoil the look of the car's face so I will be investing in a set of clear units. 😀
  12. Today
  13. Keyless start

Update evans halshaw ford collected car today ! when i bought car thy lost one of the keyless fobs so cut me a new one . Turns out the problem was the lost fob had slipped down the hand brake into the notourios black hole (when u click hand brake on it leaves a hole big enough to fit a fob or keys down ) so reason could start car was a key was inside at all times all sorted now and i now have three fobs bonus
  14. Front parking sensor on focus mk3

sorry to bump an old thread but is it possible to buy the PAM that supports both rear and front sensors but only program in the rear ones , till I get the ABS stuff & front loom ?
  15. Which automatic Fiesta to buy?

I don't know how to tell and I guess many private sellers would not even understand the question. If I owned one I am sure i would know the difference but I have not had an automatic for many many years. In addition to people having problems in the UK with the non-torque converter type, the problems have been much bigger in USA and Australia where the ownership of automatics is mush more common. http://www.caradvice.com.au/570740/ford-powershift-transmission-issues-explained-australian-boss-talks-on-troubles-and-remedies/ http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a10316276/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-proposed-settlement-for-ford-powershift-owners/
  16. SYNC 1.1 APIM module configuration

Hi JW1982, do you have as-built data for a Sony nav w/10 speakers and Emergency Assistance from a SYNC 1.1 APIM? i have struggles to find something.. I am from Germany and in Germany nobody before had swapped their SYNC APIM... Thanks in advance.
  17. Possible cluster Problem Focus 07

Ok i was driving my Focus 1.6 toady when three lights popped up on the dash... red seat belt, orange seat bet and hand brake. ten minutes later they came off, then indicators not working( not flashing when pressing up or down), then the central locking wont open car....... open with key and car starts fine..... it starts first time always, i tested the battery and its good. i rand the codes and its came up instrument cluster fault..... and other codes but they have always been on. any advice please before i take it to the garage and spend money i dont have thanks chaps
  18. Are these fake Bosch AeroTwin wipers?

The newer style blades come through like that. The packaging changed from Yellow and black to the new style box that you have there, branding on the wipers also changed. I stock Bosch wipers at work and I can confirm they do look like that now. Hope that answers your question
  19. I've recently crossed onto the Western Steppes, and successfully crossed into Kazakhstan. The border itself this time of year is rather unique, from experience a conventional border crossing via road consists of a country's exit border, a section of 'no man's land' then the new country's entry border. However the border between Russia and Western Kazakhstan lies across a section of the Reka Kigach river which at this time of year has frozen over. You have the Russian exit border, but then stretched across the bridges are a series of no less than 2 Kazakhstan check-points. At each checkpoint you're issued a stamp and the car is roughly checked for contraband, when you finally arrive at the Kazakhstan entry border across the river you present your stamps as proof you've legitimately traveled via road across the frozen river and haven't simply illegally driven across the frozen ice. One of my last Russian cities before crossing is unique. Named Elista, a fascinating region, and the only part in all of Europe which is Buddhist. The steppes here are a sight, flat grasslands for as far as the eye can see, remarkable. Herds of animals wander freely. I should cross the Ural river by car for the first time in the coming day and therefor arrive in the continent of Asia for the first time. Washing the car is futile!
  20. Clunky front end....Ooh Err !!

Well it could be the shock absorbers, it could just be normal, has this just started or has it got worse? i had a lot of noise that is commonly called bumb thump, disappeared with new shocks and top mounts, no wiggling showed up the fault.
  21. Dash cam advice!

ive asked for break down of the discounts for firstly being a member and secondly the camera and they couldn't tell me, it was "just included in the price"
  22. Philf1's Nitrous Blue Focus RS

Not going to do any performance upgrades at the moment until the blown engine faults are rectified www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk Sent from my iPhone
  23. My MK7 Fiesta

Ah sorry lol, was shattered from work. Are Zaust too far from you
  24. Hello everyone, I have just bought these wipers brand new off ebay for my MK2 Focus, and I am a bit suspicious of them as they look a bit different to my last ones and don't have any branding on the centre section. Has anybody else bought any Bosch AeroTwin wipers lately and can confirm theirs looked the same as these please? Cheers!
  25. Hi I'm looking at buying a MK3 estate to replace my dead MK2 and want to take the head unit from the MK2 - is it possible? The head's a double DIN Pioneer, which I want to keep as it works great with my iPod The current setup fitted is this; Would I just need a fascia adaptor or would that not work? The head unit I want to keep does bluetooth dialing, ipod control etc, hence wanting to keep it Also, is there anywhere convenient to mount a second 12v socket for running my GPS?
  26. 1.6 Diesel fuel filter

I have msg the seller with the car's vin number and he replied saying that the above doesn't fit! He advised buying Ford part number 1882099 which is this one!! https://www.fordpartsuk.com/shop/ford_focus_diesel_fuel_filter_2011-2014_f_1882099_c_1188.htm Even more confused now lol!!
  27. 2018 Mondeo Sony upgrade.

Sound quality with road, tyre and engine noise ruining it? No.
  1. Load more activity