AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Word Game

clever clogs
  3. brakes

thanks for replying , I replaced discs and pads, ferodo pads and brake engineering discs, middle of the road stuff. the calipers aren't painted. the squeaking is defiantly the drivers side this time (it was passenger the first set of brakes I had done) sounds like the front , can't imagine it to be the back as it's drum brake on the rear. my father in laws friend fitted the brakes for me, I could see he's defiantly used copper grease on the back of the pads, not sure about the sliders etc, but I didn't have a problem for the first 800 miles that's what is confusing me. surely if he's have not greased something they'd have squeaked straight away?
  4. Mk3 Instrument Cluster Swap

Thanks. Been browsing this forum a bit lately and you sure seem to know your stuff. Will have a look for the topics about Nav unit. Going to scrappy Saturday see what I can find. Is the modified software on here for the mileage easy to use ? Will download tonight and have a look about thanks for all the help
  5. Back on ford owners club after 2 years

Very nice [emoji106] Yeah I thought the gel overlays were a bit overpriced if you find them a bit cheaper, give me a shout and I will buy a set too [emoji4]
  6. Today
  7. Air Con Issue, Not working

So my air con is not working in my 2013 focus. So iv went under the bonnet looked for splits in the piping etc and couldnt see anything. I used my key to push down valve where you can re-gas the aircon and a very tiny bit of gas came out then nothing. So the issue is obviously no gas in the system. My question is, can you loose gas without the being a leak. i NEVER really use aircon, but with the condensation in the mornings im sure it will clear my windows quicker. Is there a leak somewhere, there was a little bit of gas, 1 second worth? Would just regassing it be fine? Or is there a definate leak somewhere? Iv heard if you dont use aircon you can loose gas? Not sure on anything aircon related. Thanks
  8. Sat nav connections

How do you change the screen size using focccus? I have never used this program or this elm2 thing. Anyone got any tips on using these's?
  9. brakes

I doubt its the clips, i have always changed my own brake pads for years now and delt with this issue many times on my Fords. So if they have been installed correctly, cleaned, sanded on part of the caliper where the brakes sits/moved and fitted properly + copper ease, my guess is ***** break pads. You cannot use old pads on new discs. Hopefully you have not done this as it can cause this issue for many many miles even with new pads as it creates grooves and a lip based on old discs and will take forever to bed to new pads. However you said new discs and pads together so im assuming its not this. Cheap pads use different materials than other more expensive pads, the metal content in cheap pads can do this, maybe this could be your issue? If you have went for the cheaper pads, ebay pads or anything of that nature this may well be what it is. But i dont want to send you into a money pit, however pads are cheap so you should be ok. Is it both sides that make the noise? The brake setup on these cars are really simple it shouldnt be hard to spot what the issue will be, if you lived closer i would have taken a look for you. Please explain more if you can and maybe we can figure it out. There are not many things it can be to be honest. Are the calipers painted? Is there copper ease on each END of the pads and was the area sanded and cleaned off all dirt, also you need to put copper ease on the BACKS of the pads, copper ease is not just for greasing but it can stop vibrations which cause sound and believe me pads vibrate no matter what? Are the new pads with the new discs and where the they cheapest ones (maybe case if both sides sqeek)? Have you made 100% sure its from the front, people car swear the sqeeel is from the front but infact its from the rear?
  10. Just for this wire no lines at all on 5 clips at 5 mins each,the camera worked A1 in the front but it had to go in the back as the night picture/dull light is very good being going through the read tinted window and no headlights to help. The Aperture is 1.6 on the S which is amazing in the dark as it lets in more light and you can tell the change trying my A119 in the back which is 1.8 Aperture but after all this i have to say i have learnt a lot of stuff about all this and just trying to save a little ££ on a cable as i never thought the one with it would reach as it just does,the S is set to 1080p at 60 which a lot of sites say and is default. I have to say the Feedback on this has been great and i thank you all for your input. Also i rate these 2 cameras very high and believe me i have a lot of footage i have done.
  11. Focsum MK3 1.6l Ti-VCT engine tremble issue

i have the same engine and mine does not do this. So when you rev the engine over 1500 the whole car trembles? This is not normal, although depends what you mean. The desiel engines are quite noisey. Have you tried changing the fuel filter?
  12. Focus MK2 Drivebelt?

A little on topic, useful with the engine picture. Where would you support the engine from underneath whilst replacing the right engine mount? The haynes manual just refers to using a jack with a block of wood but does not specify where is safe to do this. I also notice there is a position for an engine crane? on the top left which I can probably borrow for 10 minutes whilst at work if it would be more suitable to support the engine (and the advantage of not having to remove the engine undershield!).
  13. Ford Focus Mkii Facelift Centre Console

If you need any guidance further than which is contained in my guide then feel free to give me a shout. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  14. Fiesta Mk6 stereo

Moved Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  15. The draw should always be the same, I can't see the camera putting any more load on the wire when it is dark. There will be some insignificant variable causing the problem if changing the wire has actually helped. Did you notice a drop in signal from the radio? Sometimes these third party wires can affect the radio and then in turn that interference can reverberate through the power line causing the lines you see. If it was losing power you would expect to see the picture drop out not have intermittent lines, this behaviour would suggest either a faulty camera or some outside factor. In poor light the camera does all sorts of things with the frame rate, aperture and shutter speed so it could be any one of those things. You could always try and get the camera to shoot in 50fps and see if that helps. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  16. Footwell LED lights

Some LEDs do glow when they are off but once the engine is off there shouldn't be any current going through the wire so as above ^^ they should not glow under those circumstances. You can fit resistors to stop this happening. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  17. Intake whistle when accelerating

Is it under hard acceleration or normal driving? I've heard some induction kits that are designed to whistle as the turbo spools up Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  18. My mondeo came with Conti's I think. I replaced them with Michelin CrossClimates, they are relatively new on the market (18 months or so) so they are not available in all sizes but that is slowly changing. They are an all season tyre with excellent reviews. I've had no problems with them since putting them on several months ago and can see no excessive wear. I bought them direct from Budget as they price matched Black Circles. I've also heard good things about ASDA tyres believe it or not. Like most who have commented here I don't scrimp on rubber as it's the only thing that keeps you on the roads, and to that end I paid £113 a corner. Brakes are another area where I feel it's best to buy quality. Will be going for EBC offerings come renewal time. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  19. Parking Problems

I thought we were talking about the brakes on that runaway tots bike [emoji16] Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  20. Adams story game

Hilarity ensued when little Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  21. Word Game

Box clever Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  22. I Met Ed China Today.....

Doesn't look like he's put his bin out in a while either lol Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  23. Dashcams, again!

If you ever met me or spoke to any of my 'real life' friends then you would know how close to the truth your statement is, I would absolutely do that. May even stencil VOSA on to the jacket or clipboard too lol. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  24. Reverse Camera Mk5 Mondeo

Not sure about the Focus mate, I'm sure it should be a bit similar though. Was reading a thread today, I can't remember which one it was but they had all sorts of pics of wiring diagrams and bits of trim etc. Looked like a right load of ***** compared to what I actually found in 'real life' It's a cheap mod, I paid more for my puddle lights lol. It took me 2 afternoons, maybe a little more but it could easily be done in about 4 hrs. Not sure how I'm allowed to refer to myself what with all this PC ***** but my sister says I'm a 'biff' so I reckon I will go with that, in short my back is screwed and it takes me about 3 times longer than most to do a simple task [emoji23] Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  25. Yesterday
  26. My ST came with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics and they are really good tyres especially in the wet. Replaced with the same when they wore down. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  27. Focus Reverse Parallel Parking Help.

Thanks for all your replies peeps, as for the quote I've quoted, I cant either, my Picanto was so easy judging distances as a flat backed rear car, also like I said previously, it was a narrow car and therefore judgement was made even easier because where the rear wheels were (right at the end, it was flat backed) meant bam, how close. Was really easy. I am glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem in regards to the Focus though. I've consined the fact that the rear windscreen halfway up their front windscreen is close enough, even if there is a gap, wont risk it any closer and if my car could of fitted in that gap, I wouldnt bother.
  28. Car Door Checks

I think they should be lightly greased - they are a moving part (in terms of having sliding mating faces) afterall. I would not expect the 'holding' power to reduce as this is achieved primarily through a spring clamp and cam profile, not friction.
  1. Load more activity