• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Tool boxes

So I've got sick of all my tools being scattered around the garage and I need to get myself a decent tool box. I've looked at the Halfords industrial 3 stack, but it doesn't look big enough for my needs. I think a double stack 42" box should suffice. Been looking at this one from US Pro Tools, but not sure of the quality, and £680 seems a bit steep.
  3. Hi all, I'm looking at upgrading my phone as the existing one is starting to fail on me; the back button "↩" no longer works and the whole thing freezes up at times, but it's six years old now and has served me extremely well. I'm now looking at an upgrade and plan on purchasing either the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge or S8 Plus and I'm interested to know is there much difference between them and does anybody have either model; what are they like to use; advantages aswell as disadvantages. I'll take all opinions on board aswell as post my own review when I finally decide on which model aswell. Thanks very much 👍
  4. 2011. Mondeo headlight

Think you've posted this in the wrong place. There's little chance of anybody who knows about mondeos from finding it in the general non-ford related section. http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/announcement/54-posting-in-general-chat-thread/
  5. If you could have any car

Aston Martin DB11 as a happy medium. Rolls Royce Phantom for arriving in comfort and style. McClaren P1 for speed. Have to agree, the GTR is the most affordable, probably the same as the Tesla Model S.
  6. Awf21 gearbox oil service?

Fair enough.. I'll do some more research on it and see what happens. Ford have been shocking, the right hand actually doesn't know what the lefts doing Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
  7. Instrument Cluster

I was wondering if i could change my current instrument cluster (http://breakers.asm-autos.co.uk/parts-breaking-tyres/part-popup-details/instrument-cluster/32/75891/0/1/3/0/mc65fvm/?ajax=true&width=700&height=560) for one from an ST (http://breakers.asm-autos.co.uk/parts-breaking-tyres/part-popup-details/instrument-cluster/32/91352/0/1/3/0/mc65fvm/?ajax=true&width=700&height=560), i like the red dials way more than blue and im going red and black colour scheme all over, is it just a simple swap?
  8. Haynes manual fiesta 2013

Warranty lasts 3 years, dealer's don't want you fiddling until that runs out.
  9. Instrument Cluster

Might be better posting in the Fiesta forum, It won't really get seen in here.
  10. Haynes manual fiesta 2013

They're a tad late though. We might get the manual for the mk8 in 2021.
  11. DPF replacement, argh!

It only works with the straight DPFs anyway, the 1.6 dpf has bent ends so you can't get the pressure washer lance in. On the older Peugeot 1.6s you could separate the cat and DPF easily to clean it. I have no idea why they stopped doing it that way, unless they decided it was just too easy to smash out the DPF like that.
  12. New Member !

Hi Welcome
  13. New Member !

Hi all, I am new to the world of Ford & have recently purchased a 2011 Mondeo Titanium X Sport 2.2 TDCI Estate ! I welcome any questions or advice. Thanks Dan.
  14. Soon to be s-max owner

Hi Welcome
  15. Weird Situation

Stuff like this infuriates me with companies. It wouldn't have happened if the truck hadn't failed and you were told to continue. I had to pay for a company smart phone last year that had been stolen. Some companies are ruthless and don't really care despite what they may say.
  16. Today
  17. *** Fiesta 3 years warranty query

its parts and repair labour warranty. seems fair enough to me, wear and tear isnt warranty and as such needs mechanical maintanance to prevent mechanical damage.
  18. Instrument Cluster

I was wondering if i could change my current instrument cluster (http://breakers.asm-autos.co.uk/parts-breaking-tyres/part-popup-details/instrument-cluster/32/75891/0/1/3/0/mc65fvm/?ajax=true&width=700&height=560) for one from an ST (http://breakers.asm-autos.co.uk/parts-breaking-tyres/part-popup-details/instrument-cluster/32/91352/0/1/3/0/mc65fvm/?ajax=true&width=700&height=560), i like the red dials way more than blue and im going red and black colour scheme all over, is it just a simple swap?
  19. Coolant bottle

Mine was replaced under warranty
  20. Awf21 gearbox oil service?

no idea on mileage. up to you if you are concerned about the longevity of the box. wont be cheap but whats the cost of "piece of mind"
  21. Does Colour Matter?

Deep impact blue shows dirt, scratches and marks as bad as black. My next one's going to be white.
  22. Does Colour Matter?

White is the worst for showing dirt, never owned a white car but my work vans have all been white. As for chips and scratches, I think they show more on darker colours.
  23. Coolant bottle

Yes the pressure cap is covered under warranty we had the same problem on our fiesta 1 litre Eco Boost titanium x at first our dealer said it was not covered then the warranty team said if the car was registered after September 1st 2014 it is covered which ours was but they had to test the cooling system before replacing the part. The cap body which was stuck in the coolant bottle was removed with a long nose grips. The cap cost around £13 pound
  24. Awf21 gearbox oil service?

Well that's the thing.. Do I need it changed? I like the car and I'd hate to damage the gearbox by not changing the fluid. Yes it's expensive but a new box is horrific. If I was to change the fluid at what mileage is optimal? Thanks for your help Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
  25. If you could have any car

What would it be? Mine would be a Nissan GT-R, super quick ( 0-60 in 2.6 seconds ) nice looking, and practical. What a car for the money, around 80k. Yes it's a lot of money, but way cheaper than cars of similar performance. Way out of my league unfortunately.
  26. Self diognosed throttle body flap not opperting correctly unpluged car runs a charm now apart from rough engine shutdown and eml
  27. Sync2 Satnav Upgrade

Hi Bannko, Another one here needing your expertise please! Have done similar retrofit stuff on VAG but looking forward to learning the FoMoCo way now that we’ve switched to a Focus!
  1. Load more activity