• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Key snapped in ignition

Is that reprogram the key with the ecu or program the key at the lock smiths? Sorry iv never had this problems before.
  4. Electrical Problems

wondered if it could be an earth fault or BCM fault, I'm sure the door mirror failed to fold in a few times previously and the keyless entry didn't work around that time. maybe it was last winter. dodgy door loom connector would explain that but the horn... that's just out of top gear
  5. Year difference Focus ST3 2012 VS 2013^

Hi All, I cant find any threads on this so, Im buying a 2012 Focus ST on friday but while looking at cobb tuning access ports & air lift performance suspension and they say that their products are for 2013 and up, I cant find any differences between the 2012 and the other years can anybody help me with ether the differences or if the products will work with my model? (Ive emailed cobb but no response so far)
  6. Hi! Ford Focus ST3 2012

Hi All!, Im picking up my new 2012 Mk3 focus ST3 on friday (red) and am really excited! But ive been looking at more expensive modifications and items i wanna add to it in the future (such as a cobb tuning accessport, and potentially airlift performance suspension) anybody have these?
  7. Yesterday
  8. Generally I'm up for a bit of light hearted tuning, but in this case I'd be inclined to agree. The ST was only £1600 more than the Red/Black edition 140.
  9. Water leak

You bunch of cowboys lol. Personally I'd never use any of these so called "quick fix" products, like the head gasket repair ones. It's just asking to clogg your engine/radiator up with crap. They just don't seem to work long term. I assume your oil is still clean? No froth or white milky texture if you look in the filler cap. Really if you leave it overnight and you lose 2 inches (of coolant) then I'd have thought part of you engine would be wet or there would be a pubble on the floor. Or is it fine if you're not driving it?
  10. Dash cam advice!

+1 for the YI. Less than £30 on Amazon the other day, excellent quality especially in the dark. Sadly no good for me, mine needs to be quite descrete as I'm not supposed to record the site I work at. I'm not taking it out every morning when I get to work and then putting it back in as I leave. Fiddly enough to do as it is. I'd say try to avoid one with batteries unless it's specifically designed for 24 hour recording for when you're parked. The lithium-Ion batteries just fail in the summer heat in the car. If it's too hot for you to comfortably sit in or a dog, it's too hot for a chinese battery dash cam.
  11. Hi, have you had your powershift one done? any issue's? sorry for bumping this topic back up everyone, but it's all i've been reading about. I have the 1.0 Ecoboost 100 Powershift also, and i really want to get a remap. I've been looking around and seen people like Celtic Tuning on there site offer it for powershift, and couple of custom remap companys (not maybe as well known as others) offer. My vehicle went in today and had the Forge Motorsport induction kit fitted, but they have taken the ECU ID to be sent off to Revo to see what they can do for me. I was told somthing by mechanics at shop though about 32bit ecu gearbox? and somthing to do with USA models? not sure. But really, my heart is set on maybe going to Collins Performance (amount of reviews, feedback i've heard is outstanding), they have said can do powershift model, either Stage 1 = 130bhp, or stage 2 = 147bhp - be fair i'd probably only go stage 1. but i've noticed this on pumaspeed website http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-MAXD-Tuning-Box---Fiesta-10-Eco-PowerShift-and-World-Models-Stage-1_16760.jsp anyway, see what Revo find, but only concern is like i say, they never done powershift as of yet, not sure i feel i want to be the 1st, like guinea pig if you get me. anyone with a powershift model, with any experience on remaps, be much appreciated i tend to have a full exhaust system done, even intercooler fitted if it's going to help keep everything running fine. my car just done over 17,000 now
  12. Keyless entry retrofit?

You're talking more than Forscan here I would've thought. Would certainly cost more than what it's worth. Several PATS (immobilizer) sensors required which would mean new interior wiring loom. 2 transponder keys amd keyless start module (that tells the immobilizer to turn off). All that kit is very expensive and expensive to program. Get a car with it fitted from factory if you're desperate. Personally I'd avoid keyless start with all of the stolen cars recently that have had a reciever pointed towards the key inside the owners house to "replicate?" the code to unlock the doors. It's very easy to add a push start button though. Just drill the hole into the dash, and splice it into the ignition wire. You still have to turn the key to ignition, but you don't have to turn it all the way to start it. This is a good video on installing one.
  13. nice snow pic

Meanwhile, up north it's business as usual. It looked something like this for the past week.
  14. Flash Code 16 - No crank.

It is from the Focus diagram, but the ECU connections seemed to be the same. I think it is the same engine, so probably the same ECU. If the connector faceviews I posted, and the ground and supply pins all matched up, then I am fairly certain the ignition connections will, as this is the most basic function of the ECU.
  15. Ford Sync question

Ford briefly made this available on their website for the UK. Being a 66 plate I'm not sure if there's any more updates for yiu to do anyway. Certainly none that add any new features I don't think. If it's not broken don't fix it I'd say here. I've heard of these updates breaking a few things until the next one comes out.
  16. Electrical Problems

Haha that's brilliant (well not really for you). It's a bit like the old top gear road trips. Me and a mate did this to another mate once on a camping trip lol. It sounds like you might have a wire shorting out somewhere. I'd guess at your foot has pulled a wire out or the door loom has some insulation that's rubbed and eventually stripped. Time to crack the multimeter out and test the continuity on everything you've said is faulty. It's pretty hard to diagnose on the internet. I'd check anywhere that the horn wires cross with the brake light wire first. Or test the horn wire to the brake light wire. If you have resistance then the short is on those two wires. If something has stopped working then check the fuses. If they keep blowing then you'll have to find the short.
  17. Mods

Let me guess. You're 17/18, just passed your test and want to "customise" your car and impress your mates. We've all been there though lol. I guess that's what fast and furious has done to the car scene. Everyone wanted to have a clapped out civic with black windows, HID's, a big spoiler and massive exhaust or just a back box haha. The older version of me says buy an ST/ zetec-s. Making yours look like one isn't really customizing your car. Personally I think it looks a bit daft people making their cars all pimped up and making them look like the next spec up when they're not. Like I said, bodykits/making your car look fast feels a bit last decade to me. The cost of getting new bumpers and spoilers is about as much as the price difference between yours and the next trim level. Not to mention painting, you have to assume the colours won't match when buying from a breakers. Quite often they're covered in scratches and allsorts. Then you have to ***** about changing them all over and getting the panel gaps right. You can then devalue the car because people won't have the same taste as you and don't like buying modified cars like this. The zetec-s mk6 are dirt cheap these days, even for a decent one.
  18. Things I Don't Like

I don't like how a range rover overtook me on a blind hill well in excess of 40 MPH, when I was already doing 30 in a 30 zone. He overtook a few more cars in front of me too, and then soon left his hazards flashing while driving the rest of the way, again driving too fast (above the speed limit). While driving past me, I tried to take a close look, and saw a passenger pointing at the road, presumably giving directions. I flashed him, but it made me wonder whether there was some kind of medical emergency going on or something. Still, I did worry that he was going to recklessly cause an accident! Dashcam video available if anyone wants.
  19. Keyless entry retrofit?

Does anyone knows if it's possible to retrofit the keyless entry to a Mk3.5 with push start button? If possible, does anyone knows which parts are needed and the cost of them? Would it require some configuration, with ForScan Maybe?
  20. Wow, wow, wow (no I'm not a dog) fair play to you buddy, keep up the posts, awesome 👍🤞
  21. Lots of grinding when pulling away

I'm no macanic, but if the wheels are spinning with no drive and no noise I would say it's gearbox.
  22. Engine service diy 😬

I used to nab wurth products from the workshop in work, i think the MD realized how much it was costing him, we now have "inferior" alternatives in the stores.
  23. Engine service diy 😬

The only thing with driving economically with that engine is you can trigger the engine light to come on... which Happened to me last week(not for the first time) bought an obd reader and plugged it in... fault code was p0400 which I have had before... its an egr malfunction Caused by a clog up of carbon in the valve a simple cure is to get the car up to temperature let idle for a few minutes and then give it a couple of high revs to the red bars and until the arrrow light comes on, it will kick a load of cr*p out of the exhaust. Then erase the engine code and it’s as good as new.. I know this from taking it to a mate of mine who’s big into his cars and runs a garage he did the exact same thing for me in April last year and it didn’t come on again until now.. which I’m happy about Hope this helps someone out if they ever have this problem
  24. Dash cam advice!

I haven't hardwired it in yet although I will be doing this very soon. I've positioned the cam to the left of the rear view mirror, tucked right in behind it so it's not visible at all from the driver side. When I get my car back I'll post a few pics. Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
  25. Engine service diy 😬

I've never seen that tin before Ian lol. I've got one sitting that must be 10 years old now but its just the bog standard purple tin. I see you are also a Wurth fan too haha.
  26. Dash cam advice!

Hmm, if that 3 was a T it would sum up the driving of this idiot!
  27. Exhaust specifications needed.

Unless someone knows an engineer who works for the company that supplies the exhausts for Ford, I'm sure it'll be easy. No in all seriousness they are normally fabricated as one piece from the catalytic converter back, that's why when you go to replace a worn out part of an original exhaust some places shake their heads and make that "tut tut" sound. I've had a stainless steel twin exit system custom built for my car, it's got a lifetime warranty, so I don't have to worry about my exhaust again.
  28. Water leak

+1 for the radweld plus, I've used on a previous Mondeo with a small leak and it done the trick for me.
  1. Load more activity