• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Tool boxes

If you're any good with timber, maybe an excuse to make your own? Can be any size/shape you want with any combination of drawers/cupboards, and overengineer to your hearts content.
  3. Just check there are no metal shields (think ball joint shield) near or touching the brake disc.
  4. Sync3 Firmware and Nav Updates

Have they given you the VIN number yet? If so go to this site and register for an independent user account then you can view all of the car's specs- http://www.etis.ford.com/ It appears to be temporarily down at the moment though. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
  5. Dash cam

what are the peoples choice when it comes to dash cams for the Edge? I've never owned one but will get one when i get my 2017 edge sport.
  6. Windscreen stone chip repair

If it's within the drivers viewing area they won't (shouldn't) repair it, will be replacement only.
  7. Sync3 Firmware and Nav Updates

I'm picking up my edge on 1st december (2017 sport) - how do i find out what system is loaded onto my car before i leave the dealership..
  8. for sale american drls

how easy are they to wire up?
  9. Dtc D900 & failure to start

Battery is in. Still get the red battery light up on dash intermittently. Now shows 2 dtc codes but will get am obd reader on it
  10. Windscreen stone chip repair

The chip will still be slightly visible but won’t stand out. I’ve claimed twice in the last three years for windscreen chips (both resulted in replaced windscreens) and has had no effect on my insurance although different companies will have different policies! Autoglass is the company my insurance use, normally if it’s just a chip repair, no excess is required, if the windscreen requires replacement you will have an excess, mine was £70! With regards to the chip, the size, type of chip and location on the screen will dictate wether or not it can be repaired or a new screen fitted!
  11. Tool boxes

Had a look at screwfix and there doesn't seem to be anything big enough. Yeah I've seen those,have you had any experience with the Clarke HD Plus range?
  12. Focus ST Line X 140

Cheers. Im tempted to maybe change the headlight bulbs as the standard look a bit to yellow
  13. New guy

Hi Welcome
  14. New guy

Hi, My name is Lewis I drive a Ford Fiesta Red Edition 2015 which I am currently undergoing some modifications to it internally and externally. Would be interested what you guys think, I want to get more of a knowledge with fiestas mainly and have more of a conversation with people about that. What is best, and what to avoid. Look forward to talking 👍🏼🚗
  15. Windscreen stone chip repair

I have had my Fiesta around 3 weeks now and unfortunately got a stone chip (~1 cm across) in my windscreen the other day. My questions were: When you get this repaired by someone like Halfords or Autoglass, is the chip still visible? Is there any negative effect to claiming it on my insurance (Admiral FC), whether for a repair or a new windscreen? Thanks guys
  16. Today
  17. Ford Focus Mk1 Common Problems Thread

Hi Jason, I recent had the same problem with mine, for me it turn out to be the white/grey holder that you put the bulb into, try swapping these over with the other side and if the problem carries over then it will identify if this the problem or not. Hope this helps Cheers Andy
  18. Dilemma, What Would You Do?

Hi I had the 125ps until I took out the 1.5 150ps in june the 1.5 is hands down more fun to drive . Mpg is Down about 5mpg insurance was the same and tax is obviously going to cost more. going to stick a bluefin on it next year . So if possible I'd test drive both and see for yourself Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  19. Ford Focus Mk1 Common Problems Thread

Hi All, Any one know where I can get a drive belt stretch tool? I have a Focus Mk1.5 that doesn't have a tensioner and struggling to find a decent stretch tool. Cheers Andy
  20. Would look nice when installed. I'd love to install a airtec intercooler in my mk6.5 fiesta but worried about insurance. Here's just an example picture
  21. Could upgrade your lights to a nice white led one. Took a quick picture months back in the cinema car park. In the picture the lights look blue but they look white in person.
  22. Fiesta EMLconfig throttle map

Eco mode doesn't change the engine in any way. Its on the newer fords and is basically a scoring system on the dash for how well you drive, gives marks out of 5 for throttle, braking etc lol... ELMC also doesn't work on the fiesta, Focus only. I've used it for many things on the Focus. You'd be surprised what you can break with a 1.4...remember everything is made to be 'just' strong enough to save costs... And yes, the target audience of a brand new 1.4 diesel Fiesta is an elderly person lol... Not sure what to suggest really, most of my car have been FBW so it doesn't really bother me but I do notice it and a lot of 'car people' do moan about the lack of response it gives.
  23. Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Yeah I saw that the other day, don't know where they got the info from, I've looked everywhere and that's the only site saying it.
  24. Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Just been looking on Car Wow website - they're suggesting an on sale date of October 2018 for the new ST!
  25. Mk2.5 2011 TDCI Not Starting - Any Ideas?

The steering on these is part electric part hydraulic so they do still have a pump, it's just driven by an electric motor instead of a belt. As the PAS is electric and high load, it's one of the first things for the ECU to cut when it senses low voltage so not necessarily that at fault. My guess would be the alternator over charging, would check the smart charge plug isn't corroded to start with.
  26. Trying to fault my sons 2008 plate Mk6 1.25 Fiesta from 200 miles away. The heater when switched on blows hot air only irrelevant to what blower or heat setting you are on. Switching on the A/C makes no difference whatsoever. Seems to me that no outside/cold air is being allowed into the system. Any ideas please?
  27. 2013 1.0l Ecoboost engine rust. Problem?

Just read this thread, and I've checked my 2014 Fiesta Ecoboost 100ps! PHEW!!! The pipes on my car are clean, no rust, but I will look in Halfords next time for some high temperature paint. Many thanks for the heads-up, and good luck to those dealing with Fords customer department.
  1. Load more activity