• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Clunk clunk clunk

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/?_ga=1.219117456.865417927.1477904396 type in the reg of your car, then select MOT history. I find out the results of my MOT before they even call me, its also really useful for checking the history of a car before buying it
  3. Clunk clunk clunk

Ok, that does sound more like a CV joint issue. Regarding the control arm, you'll thank your self if you replace the whole arm, that will also cover the ball joint so it makes sense to do the lot. Mind there are two versions of the ball joint, a 19mm and a 21. You can tell the difference by a small coloured clip just below the ball joint, I think blue is 21 but I can't be sure , if you look at a new control arm picture you will see the coloured ring I'm talking about. You can find out MOT history. I'll post a link to you when I get home, but service history, no chance, unless perhaps the garage they did the MOST at kept records of services as well, in which case you could ask but I wouldn't hold my breath. At 120k timing belt would be top of my to-do list. If that goes then .... Well, game over with a car that old (mines the same age, different engine, changed my belt about 80k)
  4. Hi I've got a 08 Ford ka I'm trying to locate the speed sensor has anyone got a picture off it's location? I know it's on the gearbox but I'm usless
  5. Is it worth parting out a scrapper?

Many thanks There's no options on it - it won't even have a stereo as that's going into the new one. I did fit a dash dimmer a couple of weeks ago, that owes me a score Spoken to a few local scrappers today and offers range from £85 to £150 but it does need to roll onto the truck, so I either need 3 more spares or sell it with the wheels - the tyres only cost £240 odd in December, and different to those on the new one so I'm probably leaning towards binning the lot as senior management certainly wouldn't tolerate a gradually-decaying car on her drive for very long Might just whip the battery out and be done with it
  6. Dash Cam Installation

Is your picture good on the 770 and in dark,I'm asking a few stuff on the 2 cameras as my A119 is fine but with a few set backs like reading plates is hit and miss,let me know how you get on with it on the plastic.
  7. Fiesta titanium

I try my best to do them but when you say in a place where it’s all hills rolling and not stopping something isn’t an option! In in terms of changing gears am around the 2000-2500 rpm don’t see a need it smashing it up the revs
  8. Exhaust specifications needed.

Ah fair enough then, I'll probably just take it down to the shop that does the custom ones then, they advertise the stainless steel exhausts with lifetime warranty as well so just for ease of knowing that if anything breaks, it's covered, I'll just go to them. Cheers though :)
  9. Today
  10. Mk8 Delivery Delays?

Popped in to my local dealer today to have a look at an St Line in the flesh. Must say it was really good looking, and the cabin is so much improved over the last model. No 'x' model on display though. The salesman said if I ordered today don't expect to get it before September due to the back log and ongoing leather issues.
  11. Auto lights always ON, Auto wipers single speed only

Thanks Tom. Is the same sensor shared between auto wipers and lights then? Is an easy fix or dealer job?
  12. Really hope someone can help me or has experienced this before! All of a sudden whenever I switch the engine off either side of the indicators will come on, I can't switch them off and it also stops me being able to lock the car! When I switch the engine back on it runs fine, the hazards come on immediately which is a bit odd as well as the windscreen wipers. All I've done the day before was swap the front brake discs and pads, but none of the electrics were touched. I've tried leaving the battery off all night, but that's made no difference. 2 garages have provided help either. MK1 Kuga 2.0 2WD 59 Plate. Thanks, Jay
  13. Rust!

The problem is when people think of galvanizing they think of hot dip galvanising. Now that is very good at stopping rust, 30 to 40 years, and it bleeds over to protect cut surfaces, see these galvanizing experiments. But, as in the linked to test of pre galv v hot dipped pre galv (the sort car manufacturers would use) is some way behind that. Pre galv brackets can start rusting in 5 years or less in some cases, particularly at the stamped out edge. Hot dip galv can`t really be used for body panels, certainly body panels you can see, because I`d have thought the finish (for painting) wouldn`t be that good. Typical thicknesses of zinc based anti corrosion coatings : Zinc plating = 10 microns (that`s why zinc plated fasteners rust surprisingly quickly). Pre Galv = 20 microns (can range between 7 and 40) Hot dip galv = 55 microns plus
  14. Hey all, Does anyone know if a steering angle sensor would cause limp mode if faulty? Car keeps randomly going into limp mode and code for steering angle sensor circuit failure is being shown. Thanks, Andy.
  15. Snow, ice and snow socks

As expected the supplier "Top Gear car products" has sent me a new pair of Tyre Snow Socks, that`s excellent service, and well warrant a link for their £29.95 snow socks. I`m feeling particularly positive toward them so will put the fact that one of the socks ripped on the suspension down to bad luck (plus don`t "waggle" the steering wheel whilst using snow socks...) and repeat that they did actually get me up a fairly steep snow covered hill which my car would NOT go up without them.
  16. Is it worth parting out a scrapper?

partly depends on: If you start dismantling it and selling parts do you have space to keep it partly dismantled where the neighbours (and other half) won't complain. When you want to dispose of the remains (possibly not rollable) are you located in a place where you can get a scrap metal merchant to take the remains without charging you for the removal of it. (I am out of touch with scrap metal prices per ton at the moment , they do fluctuate and when high, scrap metal dealers will remove free if they don't have to travel too far)
  17. Dash Cam Installation

It’s not so bad at the moment. I was looking at getting the F770 set but decided otherwise lol I know they brought some sun glare lenses for the F770 cam. Not sure they will do the same for F800 Pro. I read that they might not due to it might mess with the 2.0 night vision. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  18. I have always used wire brushes and waxoyl undersealer (not the waxoyl fluid , but the blank undersealer). I expect others have their own favourites "However, the underside is rusty - not corroded." rust is corrosion. "now winter is done with. " not sure it is, we are still in January
  19. Hi, I have just purchased a Ford Focus having driven a Vauxhall Astra for the past 6 years. 1) It may be really obvious but on the SatNav (or maybe its on the trip information display somewhere) I cant seem to see anything that tells me how many miles it is to go to the final destination of a set journey. It tells me the time I am due to arrive and also tells me the mileage to the next junction but I cant seem to find "miles to go"? 2) Is there an easy zoom in / out on the SatNav map display? Many thanks, Mark P.
  20. Clunk clunk clunk

Thanks dee makes perfect sense. I've been out to the car and tested the abs and can confirm when pulling off with lock that there's multiple knocks. If keeping the engine running and trying multiple times u get multiple knocks. Definatly sounds like its from the drivers side outer cv. Almost like a slipping causing a knock. Thanks for the recommendation with Control arm bushes just a quick question regarding. I've notice they sell bushes or whole complete arms. Not alot of cost added for the complete unit What would be your recommendation? Time vs effort are the old bushes a pitta to remove and fit new would i require a press or any other special tool? And another off the topic question Car was bought as is with no documents apart from the new v5c and one old mot slip. I'm un sure of any service history apart from it was owned by days rentals. Is there anyway for me to tell or check if work has been carried out before. Car is currently sat at around 123k miles and I'm thinking about timing belt and other service items prob bit of a long shot but figured I'd ask.
  21. Focus ST Line X 140

friend worked for a certain British SUV dealership back in the 80s - factory managed to deliver a metallic green vehicle with a grey tailgate fitted, no idea how that got past QC, then again they did also manage to deliver vehicles with no engine ecu fitted so they had to be pushed off the transporter
  22. Is it worth parting out a scrapper?

Wheels are easy to sell with good tyres as it's cheaper than buying just new tyres, but being budgets and looking a bit scruffy, not worth much. If you do remove the wheels, the scrap yard often charges extra (or pays less) to lift it rather than roll it so you don't gain anything. The cat will be worth some money if it's original (aftermarkets aren't!) but again the yard will pay less for the car with it missing. Any nice options on it such as cruise or sat nav? You'll probably get the most money in the shortest amount of time and least hassle by selling to one of those places that advertises 'scrap cars wanted for cash', they often pay more than scrap yards in my experience.
  23. Philf1's Nitrous Blue Focus RS

Saw a copy of a letter today from Ford in the US, they’re recalling RS’ for the head gasket issue - hopefully UK isn’t far behind! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. Mk3 Dashcam Fitting

Also, how do I know if I've got auto high-beams (car isn't on the road yet so can't road test)? Is it a Titanium feature or optional/xenon only? If it uses the dimming mirror sensor I'll have to make sure I don't cover it with the dashcam if so...
  25. Mk3 Dashcam Fitting

Ah ok, no problem. Everything seems expensive to buy when you're as tight as I am lol... I'll have to measure the camera to see how little I can get away with, currently got this saved in the watch list, not sure which size to go for yet though. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Double-Sided-3M-Self-Adhesive-Sticker-Sticky-Pad-Mounts-Pads-for-Dash-Cam-Camera/253325693178?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=552484681953&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649
  26. Mk3 Dashcam Fitting

Afraid its all been used now as this was over a year ago, its not expensive to buy but sure does come in handy.
  27. I've got a 2007 Focus 1.8 Zetec Climate and the MOT's just condemned it to death The engine's had it and it had a few advisories on corrosion last time too. Is it worth selling anything removeable or just get it towed 'as is'? Although the tyres are new, they're only cheapies and the wheels were on the advisory list for flat spots on the last couple of tests Is there much of a market for spares off it, given its age ?
  1. Load more activity