• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Wipers not working properly

Is this possibly an ECU issue and it gas become confused by the auto wipers being turned on? if I disconnect the battery would it effectively reboot the car? Any advice welcome. Thanks Andy
  3. 1.0 ecoboost ac cluch not engaging

i cant see them being any different. i think its a visteon vs16 variable compressor. used on all the 1.0 ecoboosts . as you can see theres a control soleniod at the right end of compressor. thats what controls the pressure i believe via the pcm
  4. Stereo Fascia Panel

Hi Richard, Thanks for the response. I know that I can get that. But if you look at the picture attached "2004 Ford Fusion 2 2 Din Stereo Panel - Original", this is my current fascia panel. Then if you look at picture attached "2004 Ford Fusion 2 2 Din Stereo Panel - Conversion", besides the rear heater control buttons being on the opposite side. The two bars between the triple head unit are not there. Instead, there is a smooth edged hole for the conversion fascia panel to go in to take the new stereo. Both panels which have the round air vents attached, as it is one complete panel not split in the mid section, as some panels are.
  5. Glovebox bulb??

I'm sure there is a post on this forum somewhere that I used as a guide to change mine. The closest I can find at the moment is the one below (though it's about fitting the socket back in rather than taking it out). Once you get the unit unclipped, be careful as there is a spring within the unit. I managed to get some long nose plyers and carefully plucked the bulb out of the holder to fit my LED.
  6. Fiesta titanium

Hi guys, just reaching out out to anyone who make have the same car as myself, or to the gurus of the page. i have a 2009 fiesta titanium, which is a great little car, but I am noticing things that don’t look right! Firstly the range off a full tank is shocking 275 miles, when i was told it should do a lot more than that, also the gear shift Indicator. I have it on my dash board but it won’t work? Now I thought it diddnt come with my car, 2010 models have it but mines was January 2009 when it was made! Sorry if this thread has ever came up before, I’m new to this site so not had a good look round. thank guys paul
  7. Fiesta titanium

Hi guys, just reaching out out to anyone who make have the same car as myself, or to the gurus of the page. i have a 2009 fiesta titanium, which is a great little car, but I am noticing things that don’t look right! Firstly the range off a full tank is shocking 275 miles, when i was told it should do a lot more than that, also the gear shift Indicator. I have it on my dash board but it won’t work? Now I thought it diddnt come with my car, 2010 models have it but mines was January 2009 when it was made! Sorry if this thread has ever came up before, I’m new to this site so not had a good look round. thank guys paul
  8. 1.0 ecoboost ac cluch not engaging

I think so to mate. I'm thinking of replacing just the clutch coil that way I won't have to have the system filled up again. Anyone know if the compressors are the same for Borth the M1DA AND M2DA?? Anyway thanks again for everyone's help Steve
  9. Fiesta Mk7.5 USB

This: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01F7AU62E/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=port0e-21&camp=1634&creative=6738&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01F7AU62E&linkId=88fa13a6788f154a608c825901fc95db Bought many of the Micro USB cables for use for several work colleagues as our ICT dept. originally blacklisted our Android tablets connecting to work PCs. Also allowed faster charging (pending the USB output) via the cables.
  10. Is it just me or does anybody else get 'Forum Content Unavailable' when viewing from the FordOwnersClub.com page? Started displaying this a few days ago. Hasn't made any difference logging out and back in. No issues once I am in the forum.
  11. amazing, i take it you have a good grasp of the languages of the areas your visiting? and how do you figure out where fuel stations are ?
  12. Clunk clunk clunk

Hey all new here Also a new focus owner had the car for about 3wks now. Car model is 2008 Focus zetec 1.6 petrol think it's referred to as a mk2.5 Having driven it about for alittle bit now I've a few concerns. I cannot take this up with the previous owner as there now in a diffrent country and I had it for so cheap I'd be cheeky to even ask. Basically I've a list of things that I think are minor/major problems but I'm alittle unsure so hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge could maybe clear these few concerns up shed some light on the situation. 1) if pulling off from a stand still in first and turning right (think u-turn) I get a hell of a clunk clunk clunk noise. This only happens going sharp right and giving it some welly. I've been told this could be drivers side cv joint would that make sense? 2)upon changing gear whilst all ready driving so like 2nd-3rd or vise versa I get a strange knock this is not ever often but its there sounds like it's coming from bottom of gearbox middle dash area but could be wrong. Is this linked to question 1 or something else 3) if the car is started and in neutral upon moving the steering wheel from lock to lock I get a very weird rubbing noise this is very hard to describe it almost sounds like someone rubbing up and down rubber/plastic. I've checked wheels and nothing seems to be touching arches etc 4) the car has a steering wheel shake at around 65-70mph the car came with 4 new tyres all of the same tread pattern and I've had my local nationwide balance and track but the steering wheel still shakes at given speed. 5) if braking from a high speed say 70 down to say 20-25 I experience a wobble feels like its coming from drivers side brakes/wheel but again alittle unsure. That's about it for the problems I've done a bit of research and I've two questions that someone maybe able to also help with sorry for babbling just trying to get this all sorted before marches mot. 1) I've looked into driveshafts and there ringing in at well over 250 for the pair but flea Bay has a company j and r trading Ltd I've read alot of reviews and seems hit and miss just wondering if anyone fitted to a focus like mine and the outcome? And finally last question which my haynes manual couldn't provide the answer or I've over looked it. I realise that drive shafts. Have the option for abs or non abs. And I know my car Has abs but it's withing the wheel bearing hub assembly and the sensor sits into knuckle (is this correct?) so would I therefor order a non Abs shaft complete with joints or would I still need an abs shaft with the teeth? I'm alittle confused as j and r says compatible and eurocarparts/ local factors all show pictures without that abs teeth ring. Thank for taking the time to reply really appreciate all your help and sorry for the lengthy post
  13. Today
  14. another wow from me, You should re-title this post to 'The Real Grand Tour' Stay safe and keep posting amazing photos.
  15. Fiesta Mk7.5 USB

It will normally default to USB and playing audio. Personally I’d just recommend sticking to 12V as it will stop all those issues
  16. Tyre Management System

theres probably numerous updates your mates insignia needs , they were the worst for faults that even vauxhall technical struggled to overcome. by the time i got my head round there diagnostics i left the vauxhall garage and went back to ford.
  17. 1.0 ecoboost ac cluch not engaging

sound like clutch field coil has a short, or the short bit of wire to it. either a new coil or compressor now.
  18. Tyre Management System

Yeah, just had a look in the manual and it confirms. Not sure how much of a bodge it is - on previous cars the same type of system has told me of pressure loss that I wouldn't have spotted with a visual inspection. But its probably not as precise as the direct sensors. However I guess there is less to go wrong which isn't a bad thing.
  19. Your Fiesta

My 2017 ST-Line:
  20. Focus mk2.5 H7 led Headlamp bulbs

Bonus picture: oh deer!
  21. Glovebox bulb??

Got a full set of LEDs coming to replace the horrible yellow tint interior lights in the 2017 fiesta, just wondering how you remove the bulb that lights up the glove box, it seems to be in a cradle and I can’t see any easy access to it... Anyone swapped theirs? Cheers Marcus
  22. D13HPD ST-2

Been off the forum for a couple of months - good to catch up with what you've been up to. Car is looking better than ever. Those wheels are very nice. Good choice!
  23. Stereo Fascia Panel

halfords have them listed at £14, have a look at their ICE and use the Will This Fit My Vehicle button
  24. Focus mk2.5 H7 led Headlamp bulbs

On the road. First is dipped, second is full. I’ve got light brows fitted, but they don’t affect the beam pattern at all it seems.
  25. Focus mk2.5 H7 led Headlamp bulbs

Ok. Not great shots of the headlights as it had difficulty focussing. First is the H7 Second is H7 + H1 (got night breaker laser H1’s too)
  1. Load more activity