• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks for confirming, that must be why I can notice a definite difference then.
  3. Clunk clunk clunk

Thanks Dee_82 for the reply certainly touches on what I was thinking apart from the abs knocking rapidly upon giving it some welly. How likely is it that this could pass the mot? Edit* is there a way I can test engine mounts? And any ideas how many where there located? Thanks dee And to answer the question about drive shafts. I've been told that the knock is most likely the driver side outer cv joint. I have checked and cannot see any damage to the boots on both sides outer and inner so am questioning this myself but I'm no mechanic only a fast learning diyer. The garage that I asked for alittle advise told me that the cv joints are pretty expensive in the region of 60-80 + vat quid a side and he'd most likely charge around two hours labour at 81quid So looking around 250 to change both outer cvs. He said the problem with this is that with the age of the car there's no guarantee that he does the outers and then the inners go bad or apparently a bearing that sits on the shaft. He's told me that some of these parts are not available. And the haynes manual I have also says at time of writing no parts available and I've struggled to come up with anything. With doing some research Ive come up with these options and hit a wall. Garage charges 250 and changes both outer cvs. Garage charges 440. 81 quid of this is labour and he supplies and fits two new shafts (unsure of quality on new shafts cheapest he could find apparently) I could pay 81 for garage to fit and I supply these. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F282006324112 Or there's a set from jandrcvjoint.co.uk which come in at £60 for the pair which does sound very cheap but on the same note if they lasted another 20k I'd probably be happy cost vs useage wise. Or final option I fit myself and just pay for parts which I'm still researching and mulling the idea over. I've done a bit of work to my old mitsubishi colt such things included General Service studf, rear coils, front struts, front n rear hub assemblys, brake discs pads, clutch plate n release bearing. But not alot to this focus yet apart from changed the both from bearing upon purchase due to them both rumbling changed and been perfect in regards to rumbling. Thanks again for the reply and the welcome :)
  4. Your Fiesta

My 2017 st
  5. 1.0 ecoboost ac cluch not engaging

Thanks mate you're a star much appreciated Steve
  6. Connectors off inside of headlight

Dude, legalities aside, don't bother mate, get some good halogen bulbs in those lamps of yours, that is what they are designed for. the problem you have with fitting any bulb in to a lamp that it wasn't designed for is that the lens / reflector is designed to work with a specific focal point of light, amount of light generated and the spread of that light. if you add too much power, move the focal point of the light, or have the light projected in a different direction, your lamp will not be able to do the job it was designed for. you will end up with either really crap levels of lighting, really crap spread of lighting or worse, set fire to your car. I don't mean to be cheeky or anything but its people who slapped HIDs in to reflectors that got that law banning all HID modifications introduced. There is nothing wrong with HIDs if done correctly but those reflector / HID conversion kits gave the practice a really bad name which ruined it for the rest of us. Legalities aside, your choices are these Option 1 Slap some good 50W halogens in your existing projectors Option 2 Modify the halogen projector with a dedicated and designed Xenon projector Option 3 Buy a set of real Xenon lamps and mod them in. Option 2 is illegal but it will pass an MOT if done right Option 3 as above however it can be legal but will cost you a lot of money and may require further modifications to the car
  7. Clunk clunk clunk

1, Quite normal, your probably hearing the ABS system do its thing, if you accelerate hard and do that it sounds like the engine has fallen off its mount 2, Mine knocks some times, I just put it down to the DMF, but I don't think the petrol has one of thos, still, its probably nothing to be worried about, other folk on here will have a better answer for this one. 3, it could be the assisted steering pump, I believe its electrical, this can have a negative effect on the available power from the alternator which in turn struggles to keep up with demand., might be something to do with that, I doubt its a problem unless your alternator is on its way out but that would have a number of other side effects 4,i had that issue on my car and like yourself I had the wheels balanced and realigned but curiously it wasn't until I asked them to centre the steering wheel / wheel alighnment, that it was fixed. My steering wheel was about 1-2d off centre axis, I had them centre the steering wheel THEN realign it. after that its been perfect. I wonder if they actually do realign anything if its within a certain margin of tolerance. 5, could be a warped disc or it might be related to question 4 6, fleebay can be good, then again it can be garbage. you generally get what you pay for, if its too good to be true then it probably is, that doesn't meen you need to pay ford prices but id look at some of the bigger brands and decide, I picked up some cheap drop links and they were trashed after a few 1000 miles, so I then got some others which cost more and they have been fine for about 20k now. why do you want to replace the drive shafts? 7, same as Q6, why do you want to replace them? Finally, welcome to the forum! :D
  8. Today
  9. Mk3 Dashcam Fitting

I'm not too fussed about adding a rear dashcam currently, I've already got the front one and can't really afford to be buying another atm. Besides, I'm usually travelling fast enough to not worry about being rear ended...
  10. Glovebox bulb??

Cheers mate! Think I've got it now
  11. Mk 3 55 plate sat nav disc

I'd just get a mount for my phone and use google maps
  12. Ah ok I see. The one in the pic on my avatar is the 140, it is a 17 plate, not sure what MK they are to be honest, MK7.5? What MK are the new ones that we are waiting for (the St Line X) are they MK8?
  13. Ford focus tdci 1.6 2005

hi, you sent me private message, it's probably best if you put it all on here so others can see it. re the fault codes you mentioned, you really need to show all of them here in case someone has had same experience
  14. Replace Washer Motor

Either way you need to know how to get to it and the first post just shows you a picture of the bottle and pump which to be honest wasnt much help if you dont know how to access it but I will not post any more help on here and will now leave this forum which I only joined the other day with a view of being helpful.
  15. Mk 3 55 plate sat nav disc

I believe the cards are encrypted so can't just be copied. Most on here will tend to try ebay as a decent starting point.
  16. A very expensive hobby, my Focus MK3 ...

It looks great, really really nice! I bet you’ve enjoyed the snow... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Wipers not working properly

Cheers i will try this and post my results. I am hoping it is something simple like a poor connection. Weird how there is some functionality though!
  18. In the mk7.5 the 140 variant came later on as a special model with stronger engine, tighter suspensions etc. But in the Mk8 both 125 and 140 are the same St-line variant. With same suspension and almost everything. Diffent differential ratio and the engine are the only differences i think.
  19. Your Fiesta

Might as well join in. My mk6.5 fiesta zetec s 1.6 TDCi
  20. Focus mk2.5 H7 led Headlamp bulbs

As promised, here's the "review". Received the N1-H7 bulbs from CN360 yesterday and fitted them right away. The good news is, that they fit very nicely in both stock reflector headlights and also in my aftermarket angel eyes projectors. You can close the lid on the headlights without issues even with the cable coming out of them right from the back, not through the side. So no issues with fitment at all. They use passive heatsink, so no moving parts which is nice and it doesn't get very hot after some time. I wouldn't worry about it in everyday usage. Colour is nice "pure white" without any blue-ish tint or anything, visibility seems to be very good with these. And, as mentioned before, with 25W, they will not be as strong to the opposite drivers. Now onto the main part, the light. In projector it is good. See on the pic attached below, it's only tested at home as I'm currently rebuilding the projectors, but you get the idea. In the stock reflectors the situation is a little bit different. On the picture you can see that the light output and the light line "break" seems to be good, however, in reality it's quite distorted on the top of the light. There is no visible "__/¯¯" pattern when I drive closer to the wall. And here is stock halogen headlight pattern. Maybe also not perfect, I'm not sure if they are not alligned too close to each other in the middle, but the pattern is still the best here when I drive closer to the wall. So far I only tested these and it was really a quick test right after I got them. I'm planning to do some more testing, also with my friend's LEDs that he bought, which are also from the same brand, but a different model. I didn't have time to test those in my headlights yesterday. Also I will make better pics, in complete dark and with a better camera. Hope this helps TL;DR version: CN360 N1-H7 headlights. Good pattern in projectors, worse in reflectors. Good build quality, no extra heat, no blinding opposite traffic. Recommend for projectors.
  21. Fiesta titanium

I have a January 2011 1.6 petrol titanium I get around 43mpg in the summer and 39.5 in the colder months, which is roughly 350 miles per full tank. I also have the gear shift indicator not sure if earlier models had it or not
  22. Mk3 Dashcam Fitting

I installed a rear view camera by using 2 cigarette lighter plugs providing separate power sources for front monitor and rear view camera will provide pictures as soon as daylight appears
  23. Mk3 Dashcam Fitting

24. Currently have a 125 and a 140 and in my opinion the 140 knocks spots off of the 125. In performance, sounds totally different when accelerating, idling sounds, suspension feels a lot tighter and less bouncy (both cars are the same year),haha even the heater and heated screen seem a lot more efficient.
  25. Fiesta titanium

I have a 2011 Titanium but its the 1.6 and i get very local around 30 to 35 m.p.g depends how i drive and a run a nice bit more,as for a full tank i never let mine go that low so i cant say on that,when i mean local i mean very local like not even getting hot and a few miles a day. The green arrow i think your on about on mine i can turn it off and on in the menu on the stick control and have mine on,i think you should have it but not 100%
  1. Load more activity