All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Steering wheel wobble (NOT WHEELS)

Comparing my present Fiesta to my previous Focus ST, the heavier Focus tended to ride the smaller bumps better, but larger ones rocked the car due to the stiffer suspension. On very uneven road surfaces; not necessarily pitted, but just not laid very well; there is little difference. The wider profile tyres of the Focus would cause the car to pull more noticeably left/right when it encountered a larger bump (tramlining) All these affects though are as Phil has said, noticeable at all speeds I had my 2 front tyres replaced when the car was 26 months old (had to get them shipped up specially and at great expense, because there was no stock in Shetland - Continentals I think, but exact replicas of the existing ones from new). 9 months later I got a puncture and had to replace asap - a Goodrich was fitted. Eventually the other front was also replaced with a Goodrich. I noticed a small tremor (not a wobble, but each person could interpret it differently) in the steering at all speeds, that hadn't been there before. The tyres are cheaper and so that could have been the cause. However, I think it was more likely that the tyres hadn't been put on straight. As I did a very low mileage, the tyres were not replaced again although I had the wheels moved front-to-back later to extend tyre wear and the wheels rebalanced and tracked on numerous occasions, the tremor never left.
  3. Hi all, I recently took delivery of a new 1.1L (85BHP) Fiesta (2018/Mk8) and I'm trying to get my head around how the exterior lights work. I understand that, with AutoLamps on, the headlights and the rear lights come on if the wipers are switched on (even in the intermittent position) or if it's dark enough. But I've noticed that the nearside front spot light also comes on. Both spot lights come on if the spot lights are turned on with their own push switch. Also, there only seems to be one rear fog light (on the offside). The manual isn't much help as it seems to use the terms running lights and side lights interchangeably yet, to my mind, "side lights" has always included the rear lights but it seems the only time the rear lights come on is when the headlights are on. I should say that I'd hung onto my last car for 17 years so the technological advances/changes have been a bit intimidating but does the behaviour of the lighting seem right to you experienced guys? :)
  4. Servicing.

my numbers are exactly right year 1 £150 minor service + £45 mot = 195 year 2 £150 minor service + £45 mot = 195 year 3 £200 major service + £45 mot = 245 total £635
  5. Servicing.

I bought a Service Plan a couple of months ago, not Ford's own, but from a large well known dealership. The services are to Ford specification. Cost for a new car varies from length of contract and engine size. Mine was £499 for the first 4 services plus the first 2 MOT's. They also do plans for older cars
  6. Focus mk3 stop start not working

I'll do the same.
  7. Focus mk3 stop start not working

Thanks for that. I'll get my meter out tonight and report back what it is at the terminals.
  8. Steering wheel wobble (NOT WHEELS)

I would think only if the road surface is wobbly. Yes you'll feel the road surface more but that would be at any speeds, not just bang on 60...
  9. Steering wheel wobble (NOT WHEELS)

Update: The mechanic doesnt seem to know what it is, they are keeping it for a few days. He actually told me that his car has a steering wobble but cant be arsed doing anything about it. Makes me think when he test drives mine it just feels normal. Is it normal to get more wobble on stiffer suspension and lower profile tyres?
  10. Focus mk3 stop start not working

When you turn the ignition on, all the car services are live, and you will be drawing a fair amount of current. You should test the battery with a multimeter across the battery terminals on the 20V scale. Anything below about 12.5 is starting to be cause for concern for a car that's been left overnight. When you start the car the starter motor give the battery a big hit with possibly 40-50 Amps drain., if your battery doesn't regularly show 12.7, it's on its way out. Modern batteries quite often will appear ok, until the morning you need to start the car urgently!
  11. Focus mk3 stop start not working

You can jump start these cars, but you just use the donor car as a booster battery, (i.e. not running).
  12. Focus mk3 stop start not working

The smart charging system is built into the car which is why you should never jump start it! Hmm I wonder what the voltage reads at the terminals then? Time to get my multimeter out. Lincolnshire shout out by the way!
  13. Disable Esp On 5Dr Zetec 1.6 Tdci

Hi , looking at that switch your headlight beam should be set at 0 setting as number settings are when you towing which with weight at rear will raise the front so beam aim needs to drop. Yunii Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
  14. Today
  15. Things I Do Like

I did the rear trailing arm bushes myself!! Bit of a pig, but after being quoted £450+VAT I laughed and googled it - easy job...or so I thought...The old bushes were rather well...umm...attached lol You no longer need to replace the whole trailing arm...Ford "invented" a tool to press the old bushes out. It's a screw down press with a couple of notches for the bush housing to fit into. Cheap(er) knock offs are available...
  16. Thought I would update this thread, just in case anyone else was having the same issue and was looking for a resolution in the future. I bought a used bluetooth module off ebay for £30 ish to try out. Radio out, gear gaitor up, handbrake trim off, other centre console covers pulled to the sides to get the climate control unit out and the bluetooth module is located behind there. Plugged it in and connected the stereo back up to test it out and it connected to my phone straight away. Then I noticed I had another wire that wasn't connected to anything! There is one port for the loom to connect to the bluetooth module and another which powers the usb/aux/voice control which is a mini usb type connection. Sent the bluetooth module back and bought one with two ports, connected it all back up and problem resolved! New module cost me £75, so a great saving for some basic work over a Ford dealerships price.
  17. Focus mk3 stop start not working

Thanks. Will get a smart battery charger and reset the battery monitor and see if that helps. Not got any trips planned more than a few mile lol
  18. Servicing.

What is included in a basic service nowadays? If its just an oil and filter change that's about £30 DIY and the rest you pay to the dealer buys you a checklist full of ticks or the occasional cross for which they try to sell you additional work for "wear" items. No wonder their premises are so bright and shiny the amount of money they make from the servicing racket. BTW biff, I think your numbers are a bit out for the annual servicing plus annual MOT - should be £785 not £635 if you are adding in £200 for the major service every 3 years.
  19. Focus mk3 stop start not working

Mine hadn't worked for about 6 months until I went on holiday to Cornwall. Whilst there it started working and worked several times every day for two weeks. Now it doesn't work again. The smart charging system tries to keep the battery charged to 80%. The stop/start needs the battery to be above a certain charge level or it won't work. My battery usually shows 11.4v on the diagnostic display with the engine not running. My theory is that the hills in Cornwall allowed the regenerative charging system to charge the battery to more than 80% and that caused the stop/start system to work for a while. Now I am back in Lincolnshire and all journeys are on flat ground the battery has dropped back to 80% charge and stop/start no longer works.
  20. Disable Esp On 5Dr Zetec 1.6 Tdci

Hi, you know this function (switch headlight), thank you. and you can send link guide?
  21. Hello everyone, I recently changed my basic two line monochrome blue display with full color sony display, i only changed the screen, it was plug and play. My car didn't have sync or bluethooth to begin with, only USB and radio/CD, after the screen change USB and radio/CD work as intented. My issue is that with the new screen, I lost the car information messages (for example when a door is open, i no longer get the message on the screen), i lost the MYKEY menu aswell. When i go into setting, i only have audio setting and time setting, not even the option to change the language, I have not replaced the silver box, also i have not replaced the facia, still have the 1-6 numberpad. Is there a way i can get the car information messages back on my new shiny display, i dont car for bluethooth/sync and can live without MYKEY feature but i definetly want the car information messages feature back. Anyone who have done this mod before please advice, thanks :)
  22. I've tried taking that fuse out overnight but still the same. It's like I need to do a full factory reset. If only I could find out how ??
  23. Servicing.

just break down the numbers for a simple comparison service plan including MOT ; 12 x £24 per mth = £288 per year OR motorcraft basic service £150 + MOT £45 = £195 per year although every 3 years you'll need a major service which im guessing will be around £200 so if we look at cost over 3 years....... service plan £864 annual servicing plus separate MOT £635 so it just depends if any extra benefits of the service plan are worth the additional £230 over 3 years....... over to you............ ;-)
  24. brakes

thanks mate what do you do with the drums?
  25. Help - Fiesta keyless battery low

Was it a cr2032 battery?
  26. brakes

No that wouldnt be worth doing, the issue is not the caliper. if the piston is gone the brakes would be seezed and wouldnt not push back in. Just have the drivers side cleaned, sanded and greased it should solve the issue. If not spend money on some better pads. Maybe your drums need doing too even if the noise isnt just from the front.
  1. Load more activity