• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. 2013 1.0l Ecoboost engine rust. Problem?

I had some black high temp spray paint that I used on my drum brakes. I might brush paint that on. I won't remove the hoses at this stage, but might go back and do the bits under the hose when I do a coolant change. If it's rusting from being dissimilar metals then the paint won't do much anyway.
  3. Weak Windscreen Washers

As you can see, the new grommet is nice tighter than the old one so I'm not sure these are reusable tbh. Hopefully it's now leak free, I've only put a couple of litres in to make sure there are no more leaks before brimming it again.
  4. Automatic Start/start

What are you using to check codes? If it's gone in to limp mode it should have logged a DTC. You can't always read them with basic scanners, even Forscan can't read all logs. Ford's own IDS is the best for finding logged faults.
  5. Your Insurance Annual?

20 2006 Ford fiesta mk6.5 zetec s 1.6 TDCi 2 years no claims £1270 with admiral without a black box. Hope my premiums go down to around £400 like everyone 😭
  6. Weak Windscreen Washers

Final update to this, the glue obviously didn't work. The seal itself was just too loose and with the pipe being rigid sealant didn't work either. I lost all 5 litres of screenwash over the weekend... That's £3.38 worth. Found the seal available through eBay (Trust Ford) for £11.06 delivered, 4 days expected delivery. Went to local dealer first thing Monday day to check price - £9.91, 1-2 day ETA. Ordered that. Didnt arrive until late yesterday afternoon, so collected this morning and found I'd been told the non-VAT price, so it was actually £11.89. So for an else, it's cheaper, easier and probably quicker to order it online if you need one!
  7. Today
  8. Sync3 Firmware and Nav Updates

Tried everything people say in this forum can not get it working
  9. Automatic Start/start

Hi Ian, I missed your reply to me - apologies for that. I should have included this up-front: the car's a 2013 Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi that has almost 60k miles. I've just done a Google search re: "efb" - are you suggesting that a replacement for the battery that's specific to the "Stop-Start" function of the car then? Would this be something I should expect the Ford garage to have checked/detected? I ask because it's been there at least three times. I've taken the car to a number of garages, and none of them was able to find a problem. Also, since my original post in October, the car has twice gone into Limp Mode when doing about 70mph, again with no codes being reported; turning the engine off and on basically "fixed" it (pulled it out of Limp Mode) both times.
  10. Hi mate, just going off the Autodata book - warns multiple times that the crankshaft sprocket is not keyed to the crankshaft... But then doesn't mention holding the crank at all! So although the pin stops the crank in the clockwise direction, when you put the belt on anticlockwise in my mind the crank will be able to move (which I've just answered myself, as it's all loose, once you tighten the cams up they're all locked, and when you tighten the pulley bolt, it'll all be against the pin, so will time it all up). I've heard mention of breaking the pin off if tightening the pulley bolt against it... But can't remember where or who said it! Specifically says to hold camshaft pulleys, does not say hold crank in the Autodata instructions. Only the crank bolt angle tightened. Have you ever had problems getting the crank pulley off one of these engines and needing a puller? ECP seems to have a hard time matching my car with correct parts, although the contitech aux belts come with a fitting tool (and the dayco ones also say "fitting tool" in extra info, might need a trip down to check everything is in order before buying).
  11. Ecoboost or 4 Pot?

weve got the 1.0 80bhp non turbo (63 reg) and its basically on a par horsepower wise to the 1.25 but cheaper to run plus the added bonus of free tax. weve had it since new and its now coming onto 30k so they do seem pretty reliable.
  12. Strange stalling when parking in gear

How long is the gap between you pressing stop and releasing the clutch? If it is too short then the engine might be still be turning hence is being suddenly halted by the engaged drivetrain. I am not suggesting you need to be leaving it seconds before releasing the clutch but just perhaps fractionally longer than you are doing.
  13. Fiesta Servicing - Main Dealer or Independent?

Best to service yourself. You know that these parts have been changed and you take more care as it's your car. I've heard of people such as my neighbour taking their car to get serviced and later found they didn't change the air filter. Same with the previous owner of my car. He said it's been recently serviced but when me and dad service it the air filter was dirty. Can't trust everyone.
  14. Sorry Luke if I might of not properly explained it but it says to check the voltage from the wiring loom to see if there's constant voltage. I'm sure you'd wire one halo light on one side and another on the other side. From there when you switch the indicators on on one side the voltage would power the halo light. Just to clarify remove the headlights and disconnect the plug to them. Switch sidelights on and use a multimeter to check each wire to identify the right one which powers the sidelights. You'd then wire in one of the halo lights wire into that. Repeat this on the other side. Check there working. Next switch the hazards on and find the wire on both sides which power the indicators and wire in the halo lights. You wire in one halo light for each side so one would indicate on the correct side 👍. Only thing I'm not really sure about are the positive and negative wires but I'm sure luke will help 😊
  15. Am I the only one who is meh about the MK8?

That photo is a really bad angle for the Mk8, I've seen spy shots of the ST test car in black and it looks awesome from the rear.
  16. Am I the only one who is meh about the MK8?

I hadn't actually seen this view before but I definitely agree, I dont really like it at all. The MK7's back end is much better and more sportier looking
  17. Thermostat opening temp duratec petrol engine

Hi peeps, so the issue is that mine is stuck open and def needs replacing. However looking at the third party options the opening temps range between 80-98C... So wanting to know what the official ford version opens at, as assume the ECU will be programmed for a certain temp along with the matched radiator fan on temp. (Otherwise would get some confusing behaviour).
  18. Ford Focus 2010 1.6 (100PS) Timing Belt

First of all, for some unknown reason that kit does not come with cam shaft bolts. So you'll need to get them. I'd recommend as a first timer you get hold of a flywheel locking tool and use that too. Takes 10 mins to drop the starter motor and bolt it in place. Re use the starter bolts to hold it in place but you will need a couple of M8? Nuts, oo-err. Waterpump is entirely your decision, most of these belts I've done including one recently for @Russ have chosen to leave the pump. 1. Turning ghe crankshaft, you should only turn it in a clockwise direction, so as if you were tightening the bolt. 2. Not sure what you mean by supporting the pulley tbh but with the crankshaft locked in place you are free to batter that bolt out lol. In the past I've had to put heat on the crank bolt to break the bond but now I use a Milwaukee M18 fuel impact and that bolt does not stand a chance lol. 3. There is no key on the crank or cam pulleys, so yes the bolts need tightened correctly in order to hold the pulleys and keep the timing right. 4. The crankshaft will stay in place, the cam pulleys will still be loose until you release the tensioner, which pulls the belt into place. Then you tighten then cam pulleys. 5. Off the top of my head I'm trying to think what bolts are angle tightened. The crank bolt is angle tightened 90 degrees, I don't use a gauge I just put a small mark or tipex on it for reference. Have fun with the stretch belts though, helps so much if you have the tool for them.
  19. Thermostat opening temp duratec petrol engine

My wife's MK2.5 1.8 petrol also warms up pretty quickly, curious to know what the problem is that the Op is experiencing.
  20. Ford fiesta mpg

That does sound good MPG for the 1.25 version. I get 48 MPG from the 1.0 100PS! Eeek!
  21. I live in Northfield, Birmingham but I bought my Fiesta from Stourbridge VW a month ago! < This Fiesta
  22. New Member .

Hi Eugene, Welcome! I am sorry I can't directly help you with your query, however, you can post a new thread here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/forum/36-ford-kuga-club/ I am sure they can help you out over there!
  23. Ecoboost or 4 Pot?

There is also a 1.0 non turbo with around 80bhp - I keep seeing these cheap used before noticing they're not EcoBoosts!
  24. New to site

Hi there, My last vehicle was a Focus Mk1 04 (1.6 petrol), so if you need any help/advice give me a shout
  25. Wow! Looking good! What is the name of the colour of the estate? And don't anyone just say "blue".
  26. So just make sure to use the indicator and not hazards...
  1. Load more activity