• Announcements

• Stoney871

Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. That's what scared me initially, that I could literally destroy the engine in one fell swoop. Also why I asked if the crank can actually move backwards by itself once locked - if it can't, then when you put the belt on, there is no chance of it coming out of time. Then I thought about it a bit more - and why in probably becoming annoying on here asking questions - because the Ford procedure (and Autodata procedure) warn of all the problem areas - and then get you to run the engine over two cycles by hand after anyway, so if it is out, I'd imagine you'd feel abnormal resistance anyway. Still plucking up the courage to buy all the stuff and get it done... Maybe I'm just a cheapskate, or don't like to be fobbed off for hundreds, I don't know.
  3. Thanks both for your responses I will have a look into disabling the alarm using the ELMconfig program (and insurance implications). JW1982 - is it straightforward enough to do if I buy an ELM327 interface that has already been modified? Would the ELM327 interface in the listing below do the job? https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/122749435220?chn=ps&dispctrl=0&adgroupid=49522826281&rlsatarget=pla-379372015150&abcId=1128966&adtype=pla&merchantid=113697073&poi=&googleloc=1007033&device=c&campaignid=857333700&crdt=0 Cheers Dave
  4. SHOW US YOUR MK2

5. The Number Game...

volvo 144
  6. Today
  7. Ford Focus 2010 1.6 (100PS) Timing Belt

I have done loads of timing belts over the years but only where the crankshaft pulley is keyed to the shaft. These engines are well scary when you think of bending 16 valves - you would feel suicidal if you get it wrong.
  8. These Sent from my Phantom6 using Tapatalk
  9. Sudden Drop in MPG

Due to funds i have been using asda diesel eeeep but as usual with millers diesel additive If my wallet allows its bp ultimate or shell v power Jamie
  10. Similar topic with earlier o-ring tip. Interesting video with lesson learned:
  11. New owner zetec s have question

I like the way the radio stays on until I open the door, obviously more complication to potentially go wrong though
  12. One thing to note about the Ambient ring guide, they tell you to wire it straight to the battery but I dont know if it includes an inline fuse and also wiring it straight to the battery sounds like a good way to drain your battery, id rather wire it to an ignition live fuse.
  13. Strange stalling when parking in gear

does sound to me like stop/start could be involved here, you at least need to rule it out. Have you tried it with stop start disabled (disable it a few mins before you are going to park). I would always leave the car in gear when parked. In theory the handbrake should do the job, but why risk it. I do actually know two people whose cars rolled away when left parked because they had not put the handbrake on quite hard enough it would appear. It would not have happened if left in gear.
  14. Sync3 Firmware and Nav Updates

Just registered and all works as expected now.
  15. How do I tell if the car had been remapped

So did the previous owner forge the "Mountune remap with 'certificate and rolling road print out' "?
  16. Autobeam is doing some black Friday deals at the moment. They reduce the halo indicators kit. Don't know if I should get it
  17. New to the Ford World

18. Strange stalling when parking in gear

Do you hear he engine and does the tacho show revs when you do this? If not it's just the engine and gear box moving until the play in the system is taken up and the car reaches a rest position. That is; engine reached full compression without rotating further and play in gear box, drive shafts etc at the end of rotation. If you release the clutch with your foot on the brake or the hand brake engaged then it won't occur.
  19. Strange stalling when parking in gear

I wonder if the hill start assist is engaging as you stop with the clutch down, then it releases when the clutch is disengaged so the car rolls a bit?
  20. Ford Focus n/s water leak?

If it's only happening after it's been parked, it's just water that's collected in the scuttle etc draining away when you start moving. As long as there's no water inside, I don't really see the problem.
  21. Focus mk2 brake pedal clunk?

Yep. To be fair, it may just be because of where the abs pump is attached to the car, meaning it is very audible. The works vehicles just sound like a little purr when the abs/traction goes off.
  22. Strange stalling when parking in gear

About 3 seconds or so - RPM has dropped to zero and the engine is off as its making no noise. Then once the clutch is raised and car jerks. I don't think so as the stop/start only engages when you go into neutral not when you press the clutch down. Plus a light comes on the dash when stop/start is in action - which it doesn't when I'm parking.
  23. Am I the only one who is meh about the MK8?

That's true :) From what I recall there was £2000 off list as a dealer promotion, a extra £500 Ford promotion off on EcoBoost engines and then I got my employee discount on top of that, then £2000 for my FIAT Panda 100HP as tradein. I do love my TitX, it's like driving around in a mini-fully loaded Mercedes S-Class. Jonathan
  24. Ford Focus n/s water leak?

Nobody any idea on this?
  25. Focus mk2 brake pedal clunk?

It does sound like what everyone else is saying, its strange its not talked about that often as its quite noticeable, its like the same noise as the ABS TEST noise when you first start the car and you hear that clunk
  26. Am I the only one who is meh about the MK8?

No one pays list price for a Ford.
  1. Load more activity