Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Re-Alignment

Amie07

hi guys,

Could someone please explain to me what exactly door re-alignment means? It might be obvious to some but I cant understand why a door wouldnt have been aligned correctly to begin with so thats why i need it explaining!

Also please bare in mind my knowledge of cars and therefore technical terms is very limited and that i based my car choice on whether it had air con and heated windows and also the colour.

Cheers, Amie

Oh by the way, i'm asking because apparently my passenger door got re-alligned when i took it in the other week about the leak theyd apparently fixed last time...

hi guys,

Could someone please explain to me what exactly door re-alignment means? It might be obvious to some but I cant understand why a door wouldnt have been aligned correctly to begin with so thats why i need it explaining!

Also please bare in mind my knowledge of cars and therefore technical terms is very limited and that i based my car choice on whether it had air con and heated windows and also the colour.

Cheers, Amie

Oh by the way, i'm asking because apparently my passenger door got re-alligned when i took it in the other week about the leak theyd apparently fixed last time...

Doors can need re-aligning after accident damage, or if they are heavy. The 3-door VW Polo had a bit of a reputation for the doors to sag with age, and they'd then need to be re-positioned. It's not a simple task to do as the door has to be positioned in three planes so it it fits precisely so that the locks and the water seals will mate properly. It then has to fit flush to the bodywork, and then finally it has to have an even gap all around. A three-dimensional puzzle.

Nick

Thnaks for your reply. There's certainly been no damage from an accident. Must admit the doors do feel pretty heavy (or maybe I'm a weakling?)

So basically it's just another case of shoddy ford workmanship when constructing my car in the first place then! lol :)

Thnaks for your reply. There's certainly been no damage from an accident. Must admit the doors do feel pretty heavy (or maybe I'm a weakling?)

So basically it's just another case of shoddy ford workmanship when constructing my car in the first place then! lol smile.gif

yore car was constructed in a fiat factory not a ford one im afraid basically the dopor wasnt corectly aligned not a major issue

yore car was constructed in a fiat factory not a ford one im afraid basically the dopor wasnt corectly aligned not a major issue

Ford or fiat who cares just glad it wasn't done in a Toyota 1! :-)

Ford or fiat who cares just glad it wasn't done in a Toyota 1! :-)

true very true toyotas 0-60 in 13 secs 60-0 in about 35 miles or whenever the brakes decide to work lol