Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most Practical Wheel Size?

sheene7

I am picking up my wifes `new` 02 KA tomorrow. It has standard 13" steel wheels which look a bit naff. I am thinking of getting some bigger alloys. I am thinking 15" may be a good compromise as I can imagine the ride would be a bit harsh on anything bigger. Having said that the standard KA 14" alloys seem to go quite cheap on eBay so I may be swayed to those. Any views on this?

Cheapest option is to remove the tyres from the rims and paint the rims, or just buy a new set of wheel covers, from eBay or many of the genuine Ford parts sellers online. Personally I don't see the point in paying lots for alloys, you only have to go over a pothole and they are buggered, or hit a kerb the wrong way.

I think if you want 15" you have to use spacers.

Cheapest option is to remove the tyres from the rims and paint the rims, or just buy a new set of wheel covers, from eBay or many of the genuine Ford parts sellers online. Personally I don't see the point in paying lots for alloys, you only have to go over a pothole and they are buggered, or hit a kerb the wrong way.

I think if you want 15" you have to use spacers.

I don`t think you need spacers if they are the correct offset etc.

I am interested in some Wolfrace 15" alloys up for sale quite local to me. They are advertised as coming off a KA but they have 195/50 tyres. I think they should have 195/45`s to keep the overall diameter as close as possible to standard. I have calculated that with the standard 13" wheel and standard 155/70 tyres the overall diameter should be 547mm and circumference 1719mm

15" rims with 195/45 tyres = 556mm dia, circumference 1747mm (1.6% bigger than standard)

15" rims with 195/50 tyres = 576mm dia, circumference 1810mm (5.3% bigger than standard)

The speedo readout does not worry me particularly as it is quite negligible, but the extra 29mm diameter maight cause clearance issues. Anybody know?

I don`t think you need spacers if they are the correct offset etc.

I am interested in some Wolfrace 15" alloys up for sale quite local to me. They are advertised as coming off a KA but they have 195/50 tyres. I think they should have 195/45`s to keep the overall diameter as close as possible to standard. I have calculated that with the standard 13" wheel and standard 155/70 tyres the overall diameter should be 547mm and circumference 1719mm

15" rims with 195/45 tyres = 556mm dia, circumference 1747mm (1.6% bigger than standard)

15" rims with 195/50 tyres = 576mm dia, circumference 1810mm (5.3% bigger than standard)

The speedo readout does not worry me particularly as it is quite negligible, but the extra 29mm diameter maight cause clearance issues. Anybody know?

never listen to adverts that say they are off a ka doesnt mean theuy are the correct ones to fit it done the same with a hyundai got the alloys got new tyres on and then i was told they dont fit right mate the person selling them had them on the hyundai but they were totally wrong just buy the rifght ones fopr the car heres what you need 195/45/15 tyres and rim 4/108 stud pattern and offset of et35 so 15 inch focus alloys will fit

never listen to adverts that say they are off a ka doesnt mean theuy are the correct ones to fit it done the same with a hyundai got the alloys got new tyres on and then i was told they dont fit right mate the person selling them had them on the hyundai but they were totally wrong just buy the rifght ones fopr the car heres what you need 195/45/15 tyres and rim 4/108 stud pattern and offset of et35 so 15 inch focus alloys will fit

Just put a holding deposit on some 15" alloys with correct 195/45/15`S

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club