Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Annoying Intermittent Temperamental Problem Pleeease Help!!

Tanya-Jade

Hi fellow Fordies,

I really hope someone can solve this..

I bought my Ford StreetKa (55 plate, 1.6 engine, 23K on clock) about 3 weeks ago and have been back to the garage 3 times with it now!!!

The car was running fine for the first couple of days, then all of sudden it starting shaking and spluttering like it was going to take off!! I restarted and it was fine. Then, a couple of days later it started to misfire, hopping down the road like a kangaroo!!

The garage did a reading and said there was a fault showing on the Lambda sensor, which they cleared electronically. Then a few days later it started again spluttering, misfiring, no power on acceloration. So back I went. The car really behaved at the garage, ran like a dream. They did another reading and no faults showed up at all.

They replaced the spark plugs & leads to shut me up, but I don't think they really believed me!! As I drove off from the garage, hello to the kangaroo again! I quickly turned round back to the garage where the mechanic actually whitnessed it for the first time. They replaced the coil pack and sent me on my way. That was Thursday, all was well... until Sunday!!! It was exactly the same again!! Please can someone tell me what is wrong with it? I'm very annoyed with it now!

Thank you for listening to my rant,

T xxx

Hi fellow Fordies,

I really hope someone can solve this..

I bought my Ford StreetKa (55 plate, 1.6 engine, 23K on clock) about 3 weeks ago and have been back to the garage 3 times with it now!!!

The car was running fine for the first couple of days, then all of sudden it starting shaking and spluttering like it was going to take off!! I restarted and it was fine. Then, a couple of days later it started to misfire, hopping down the road like a kangaroo!!

The garage did a reading and said there was a fault showing on the Lambda sensor, which they cleared electronically. Then a few days later it started again spluttering, misfiring, no power on acceloration. So back I went. The car really behaved at the garage, ran like a dream. They did another reading and no faults showed up at all.

They replaced the spark plugs & leads to shut me up, but I don't think they really believed me!! As I drove off from the garage, hello to the kangaroo again! I quickly turned round back to the garage where the mechanic actually whitnessed it for the first time. They replaced the coil pack and sent me on my way. That was Thursday, all was well... until Sunday!!! It was exactly the same again!! Please can someone tell me what is wrong with it? I'm very annoyed with it now!

Thank you for listening to my rant,

T xxx

Could be a couple of things, maybe suggest the Crank sensor to the garage, this could be the cause.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club