Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Intermittent Misfiring, Spluttering

Tanya-Jade

Hi fellow Fordies,

I really hope someone can solve this..

I bought my Ford StreetKa (55 plate, 1.6 engine, 23K on clock) about 3 weeks ago and have been back to the garage 3 times with it now!!!

The car was running fine for the first couple of days, then all of sudden it starting shaking and spluttering like it was going to take off!! I restarted and it was fine. Then, a couple of days later it started to misfire, hopping down the road like a kangaroo!!

The garage did a reading and said there was a fault showing on the Lambda sensor, which they cleared electronically. Then a few days later it started again spluttering, misfiring, no power on acceloration. So back I went. The car really behaved at the garage, ran like a dream. They did another reading and no faults showed up at all.

They replaced the spark plugs & leads to shut me up, but I don't think they really believed me!! As I drove off from the garage, hello to the kangaroo again! I quickly turned round back to the garage where the mechanic actually whitnessed it for the first time. They replaced the coil pack and sent me on my way. That was Thursday, all was well... until Sunday!!! It was exactly the same again!! Please can someone tell me what is wrong with it? I'm very annoyed with it now!

Thank you for listening to my rant,

T xxx

if the origanal fault was the lamdarda sensor it could be whats playing up as they moniter the fuel mix.

Get them to replace the oxygen/lambda sensor.

thanks! There were no faults showing on the lambda the second time tho, no faults on anything!! T xxx

thanks! There were no faults showing on the lambda the second time tho, no faults on anything!! T xxx

But other more expensive things have already been replaced, such as the coil pack. The problems you are having point to the oxygen sensor.

But other more expensive things have already been replaced, such as the coil pack. The problems you are having point to the oxygen sensor.

Thanks Jcoventry,

It's going back in on Friday hopefulyl they'll find the problem this time, fingers crossed, T xxx

Get them to replace the oxygen/lambda sensor.

Thanks Jcoventry,

It's going back in on Friday hopefulyl they'll find the problem this time, fingers crossed, T xxx

My wife's has a similar problem - its on another thread somewhere. Never shows any fault codes and only happens every two or three months. It last happened when i was driving the other day. As the others say, I think it is pointing to the upstream oxygen sensor. Keep us posted on outcome.

My wife's has a similar problem - its on another thread somewhere. Never shows any fault codes and only happens every two or three months. It last happened when i was driving the other day. As the others say, I think it is pointing to the upstream oxygen sensor. Keep us posted on outcome.

I've been told that sometimes they just need to reset the ECU once they've put the new coil pack in (which has to be a genuine Ford coil pack apparently)

I'll let you know what they say tomorrow Marko10, it's so annoying isn't it?!! But seems to be a common problem with the StreetKA's

T xxx

Guess what? The car behaved like a dream with the garage today, they road tested it 3 times and not a !Removed! misfire! grrrrrr!!!!! They said it could be that the coil pack is not a genuine Ford part, so they're putting one on now. There are still no faults showing up. God I'm starting to hate this car and I've only had it 3 weeks!!

T xxx

Guess what? The car behaved like a dream with the garage today, they road tested it 3 times and not a !Removed! misfire! grrrrrr!!!!! They said it could be that the coil pack is not a genuine Ford part, so they're putting one on now. There are still no faults showing up. God I'm starting to hate this car and I've only had it 3 weeks!!

T xxx

Ha Ha! That's so typical! !Removed! cars have got a mind of their own! good luck with it! :)

T xxx

Well I certainly hope they have fixed it, though I have this worrying feeling.....

Well I certainly hope they have fixed it, though I have this worrying feeling.....

So far so good.. will let you know if it starts playing up again. They said next most likely fault is the ECU itself if this hasn't fixed it.

T xxx

• 6 years later...

Hi Tanya.. please let me know if your problem was fixed? I have something similar going on :sad: