Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Footwell Lights

artscot79

hi guys can any one tell me where i will locate the wires etc for the footwell lights mk1 zetec are there wires tucked up somewhere and i just need the holders?

That article says it doesn't work on a mk1 though, Only 1.5 upwards. Let us know how you get on artscot!

Just been and had a quick look on drivers side and I cant find the mentioned loom anywhere, However there are a few empty "ports" down there. This is a 1.8 1999 Zetec. Looking into doing this now if its not too much hassle.

Found this:

(1) Wiring loom with 2 x bulb holders connected at each end.

(2) 1 x lense

(3) 2 x bulbs

You will also require 2 x connectors to connect the footwell light loom into the cars main loom I used a 5amp connector block but you could also use 5amp bullet connectors or 5amp cable lock connectors.

2. Disconnect the cars battery.

3. Remove the trim under the glovebox. This is held in place by 3 screws/expanding plugs. Remove the screws and then pull the plugs out to release the trim.

4. You will see a rectangular section that has been partially cut out. push this bit out and push the lens into this hole.

5. The bulb holder, closest to the short, bare ended wires, fits into the lens and is secured by one quarter turn. Push fit one of the bulbs into the holder.

6. Refit the trim and pass the wiring behind the glovebox. To make access more simple, release the glovebox so that it drops fully down.

7. Remove the trim/shelf that’s under the steering wheel. This is held in place by 4 screws. Once released, pass the wiring from the passenger side, behind the dash, to under the steering wheel. Push fit the remaining bulb into the holder. On the removed trim there is a plastic bracket. The driver side bulb holder fits into this bracket. NOTE: There is no plastic lens on the drivers side.

8. Refit the drivers side trim.

9. The two remaining, bare ended, wires are now connected into the cars main loom.

10. Remove the scuff panel on the left hand side of the passenger footwell.

11. Pull back the carpeting to expose the wiring that goes into the junction box behind the scuff panel. The wiring you’re interested in are the ones coming out of the bottom of the junction box and goes back into the top. To ease access to the wires it may be necessary to remove some of the binding tape holding the wires together.

12. Locate the orange/blue stripe and black/blue stripe wires. Cut both wires and connect one of the 2 footwell light wires to each. It doesn’t matter which wire is connected. Connect them by which ever method you choose, see note 1.

13. Once connected, wrap the connector blocks or similar in insulating tape.

14. Carefully place the footwell light wiring under the carpet and replace the footwell scuff panel.

15. Re-connect the battery.

16. Open one of the front doors and the footwell lights should illuminate, along with the overhead lamp. Once the doors are closed or the ignition is switched on, all the lights should dim together.

17. Done!!

Note: You may find there are 2 black/blue stripe wires in the main loom. If this is the case you have a 50/50 chance of picking the correct one. Once connected, if the lights do not illuminate then you know it’s the other wire. If this is the case you need to cut the other wire and connect as before.

Found this:

(1) Wiring loom with 2 x bulb holders connected at each end.

(2) 1 x lense

(3) 2 x bulbs

You will also require 2 x connectors to connect the footwell light loom into the cars main loom I used a 5amp connector block but you could also use 5amp bullet connectors or 5amp cable lock connectors.

2. Disconnect the cars battery.

3. Remove the trim under the glovebox. This is held in place by 3 screws/expanding plugs. Remove the screws and then pull the plugs out to release the trim.

4. You will see a rectangular section that has been partially cut out. push this bit out and push the lens into this hole.

5. The bulb holder, closest to the short, bare ended wires, fits into the lens and is secured by one quarter turn. Push fit one of the bulbs into the holder.

6. Refit the trim and pass the wiring behind the glovebox. To make access more simple, release the glovebox so that it drops fully down.

7. Remove the trim/shelf that's under the steering wheel. This is held in place by 4 screws. Once released, pass the wiring from the passenger side, behind the dash, to under the steering wheel. Push fit the remaining bulb into the holder. On the removed trim there is a plastic bracket. The driver side bulb holder fits into this bracket. NOTE: There is no plastic lens on the drivers side.

8. Refit the drivers side trim.

9. The two remaining, bare ended, wires are now connected into the cars main loom.

10. Remove the scuff panel on the left hand side of the passenger footwell.

11. Pull back the carpeting to expose the wiring that goes into the junction box behind the scuff panel. The wiring you're interested in are the ones coming out of the bottom of the junction box and goes back into the top. To ease access to the wires it may be necessary to remove some of the binding tape holding the wires together.

12. Locate the orange/blue stripe and black/blue stripe wires. Cut both wires and connect one of the 2 footwell light wires to each. It doesn't matter which wire is connected. Connect them by which ever method you choose, see note 1.

13. Once connected, wrap the connector blocks or similar in insulating tape.

14. Carefully place the footwell light wiring under the carpet and replace the footwell scuff panel.

15. Re-connect the battery.

16. Open one of the front doors and the footwell lights should illuminate, along with the overhead lamp. Once the doors are closed or the ignition is switched on, all the lights should dim together.

17. Done!!

Note: You may find there are 2 black/blue stripe wires in the main loom. If this is the case you have a 50/50 chance of picking the correct one. Once connected, if the lights do not illuminate then you know it's the other wire. If this is the case you need to cut the other wire and connect as before.

after searching with the trim off the mk1 has no cut out or clips to hold bulbs etc and no wires checked a few at the scrapyard and they dont have them either so to make it easy 2 boot lights with holders and ill run the wiring from the courtesy light down the a pillars and do it that way rather than tapping into covered wires ill just use the existing point from the map light and ill post the how to up with pics when i get it done

I saw the full doings for footwell lights not long ago on eBay out of a 2001 ghia so i assume they fit all years of focus. It seemd to have some from of plug on the bacj of the loom that just pluged into some form of box or something i quite fancy a set of these just not sure if i want to bother with all the hasstle.

Do look good though my dads st220 has got them and the puddle lights under the sideview mirrors would love a set of them to but that would deffo have to be a home done jobby and a major wiring faf lol.

Mike

I saw the full doings for footwell lights not long ago on ebay out of a 2001 ghia so i assume they fit all years of focus. It seemd to have some from of plug on the bacj of the loom that just pluged into some form of box or something i quite fancy a set of these just not sure if i want to bother with all the hasstle.

Do look good though my dads st220 has got them and the puddle lights under the sideview mirrors would love a set of them to but that would deffo have to be a home done jobby and a major wiring faf lol.

Mike

well ill give it a bash later on when i can be bothered its easy enough to take them from the map light and run the wires down the pillar and im thinking of putting indicators onto the wing mirrors as well basically take a piggy back from the side indicators so they both work cant be bothered faffing around blanking the side ones off

well ill give it a bash later on when i can be bothered its easy enough to take them from the map light and run the wires down the pillar and im thinking of putting indicators onto the wing mirrors as well basically take a piggy back from the side indicators so they both work cant be bothered faffing around blanking the side ones off

Saw a set of those mirror indicators looked crap to me just looked like a chav had been busy with some pva, yellow drl's and wire cutters mk1's dont seem to suit it in my eyes less is more on a focus unles its the interior then im all game for some major changes. Think im going to stop modding the foci i fancy something excentric next like a red quattro, snakeskin boots and a long dark coat B) which means penny pinching time.

I was looking on euro parts, ford parts etc during the day and is it just me or have the prices of focus parts shot up recently i made a list before and it was pushing the 700 quid mark with out the alloys i want (120 a RIM no tyre :( ) scrap yard mods seem to be the cheapest way to improve your beast but i was looking for footwell lights the other day and ALL had been taken out before i got chance think footwell lights are a desirable mod.

Mike

Saw a set of those mirror indicators looked crap to me just looked like a chav had been busy with some pva, yellow drl's and wire cutters mk1's dont seem to suit it in my eyes less is more on a focus unles its the interior then im all game for some major changes. Think im going to stop modding the foci i fancy something excentric next like a red quattro, snakeskin boots and a long dark coat cool.gif which means penny pinching time.

I was looking on euro parts, ford parts etc during the day and is it just me or have the prices of focus parts shot up recently i made a list before and it was pushing the 700 quid mark with out the alloys i want (120 a RIM no tyre sad.gif ) scrap yard mods seem to be the cheapest way to improve your beast but i was looking for footwell lights the other day and ALL had been taken out before i got chance think footwell lights are a desirable mod.

Mike

the prices are shooting up on the parts definately ide like the lights but im thinking why whats the point do i need them and im having to say no i dont same with the mirror indicators truth is i cant be arsxd really and i dont really need them like you say im gonna try concentrate on the interior save up some pennies and maybe get the leather i aint lowering it i know that much

the prices are shooting up on the parts definately ide like the lights but im thinking why whats the point do i need them and im having to say no i dont same with the mirror indicators truth is i cant be arsxd really and i dont really need them like you say im gonna try concentrate on the interior save up some pennies and maybe get the leather i aint lowering it i know that much

Set of ebatch lowering springs (30mil drop) from ford are about 115 quid not to bad really but sod the hastle not worth it lol leather seats are worth every single penny i absoutly love mine and they add value to the car so thats a win win just for the love of god get black!

Mike

Set of ebatch lowering springs (30mil drop) from ford are about 115 quid not to bad really but sod the hastle not worth it lol leather seats are worth every single penny i absoutly love mine and they add value to the car so thats a win win just for the love of god get black!

Mike

well ive been to my locakl and told him when one comes in with black leather in good nick give me a call he will have them out cleaned and ready to pick up i missed a set of st leather recaros at u pull it scrapyard black leather wanted 130 quid for them with the rear seats included nipped home to get cash went back and they were gone i was well gutted all they needed was the recaro badges replaced so i went home and cried sobsmile.gif

well ive been to my locakl and told him when one comes in with black leather in good nick give me a call he will have them out cleaned and ready to pick up i missed a set of st leather recaros at u pull it scrapyard black leather wanted 130 quid for them with the rear seats included nipped home to get cash went back and they were gone i was well gutted all they needed was the recaro badges replaced so i went home and cried sobsmile.gif

Arent the focus recaro's eletric though so once youve got them in you cant move um :P your one is lying flat down and the mrs is sat bolt up right lol.

Mike

Arent the focus recaro's eletric though so once youve got them in you cant move um tongue.gif your one is lying flat down and the mrs is sat bolt up right lol.

Mike

pass i assumed they were manual never looked either oh god no she would take that as an invitation if it was lying flat not in my !Removed! car she aint saw a 51 plate focus elle with the leather basically the same as what you have i think and they will do nicely.....

pass i assumed they were manual never looked either oh god no she would take that as an invitation if it was lying flat not in my !Removed! car she aint saw a 51 plate focus elle with the leather basically the same as what you have i think and they will do nicely.....

3door seats in a 5 door car though would strike me as a bit shadey though think mine are out of an ink edtion not to sure but they arent the black ones mine are shark grey (looks the same as black unles there in the sun) just wish the heated loom was in the car because ive got the ford switches etc just f-all to plug into um :(

Theres hundreds of focus special edtions with leather in youll find a set eventually just check the air bags aint been blown!

Mike

3door seats in a 5 door car though would strike me as a bit shadey though think mine are out of an ink edtion not to sure but they arent the black ones mine are shark grey (looks the same as black unles there in the sun) just wish the heated loom was in the car because ive got the ford switches etc just f-all to plug into um sad.gif

Theres hundreds of focus special edtions with leather in youll find a set eventually just check the air bags aint been blown!

Mike

always ways around it when we did it in the passat we modified the rear brackets whickh took an hour and the 3 door handles were removed from the seats then identical leather patch with vw stitching was put over the offending hole local shop stitched the logo in for 5 quid each side once done you had no idea they were anything other than special edition leather seats no one knew they were from a 3 door golf so always a possibility. hate heated seats had a set go wonky once when the element got faulty and burned through the seat i stopped in a hurry as it was burning my !Removed!

always ways around it when we did it in the passat we modified the rear brackets whickh took an hour and the 3 door handles were removed from the seats then identical leather patch with vw stitching was put over the offending hole local shop stitched the logo in for 5 quid each side once done you had no idea they were anything other than special edition leather seats no one knew they were from a 3 door golf so always a possibility. hate heated seats had a set go wonky once when the element got faulty and burned through the seat i stopped in a hurry as it was burning my !Removed!

I love them great for pulling pranks on people turned my dads on the other day and he thought he !Removed! him self was sooo funny but yeah any special edtion seats will work perfectly im pretty sure the recaros are full eletric so youd be stuff if you ever wanted to move the seats :P

Mike

I love them great for pulling pranks on people turned my dads on the other day and he thought he !Removed! him self was sooo funny but yeah any special edtion seats will work perfectly im pretty sure the recaros are full eletric so youd be stuff if you ever wanted to move the seats tongue.gif

Mike

ill remember to look at them next time never even occured tio me that they could be electric oh well just as well i was beaten to them then must have been fate lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club