Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Galaxy New Key

kingdom

Advice please! I have an 04 Galaxy 1.9tDi which has two keys, one of which does not work. The fob came apart and, unknown to me, the transponder chip fell out and was lost. The key appears to be complete apart from that - it unlocks the car and starts the engine but the engine cuts out after a couple of seconds, presumably because the immobiliser kicks in. I have had the car assessed at a local Ford dealer - they told me it was the fob which was the problem and the car was booked in to have the fob replaced and reprogrammed. When the car went to the garage for the work to be done I was then told that I need a blade because there is no transponder chip - the blade has to be laser cut which cannot be done locally and they cannot tell me if I will need both the blade and fob or just the blade until they have both working parts. I have been told that I cannot get the transponder chip separately from the blade but I have seen these for sale on e-bay. Has anyone else had this problem - if so what is the solution? As the key unlocks the car and starts it, I don't see that there can be anything wrong with the actual blade but I am wary about purchasing a transponder chip from e-bay and not sure if the Ford garage will programme it then. Thanks for any information.

• 1 month later...

Advice please! I have an 04 Galaxy 1.9tDi which has two keys, one of which does not work. The fob came apart and, unknown to me, the transponder chip fell out and was lost. The key appears to be complete apart from that - it unlocks the car and starts the engine but the engine cuts out after a couple of seconds, presumably because the immobiliser kicks in. I have had the car assessed at a local Ford dealer - they told me it was the fob which was the problem and the car was booked in to have the fob replaced and reprogrammed. When the car went to the garage for the work to be done I was then told that I need a blade because there is no transponder chip - the blade has to be laser cut which cannot be done locally and they cannot tell me if I will need both the blade and fob or just the blade until they have both working parts. I have been told that I cannot get the transponder chip separately from the blade but I have seen these for sale on e-bay. Has anyone else had this problem - if so what is the solution? As the key unlocks the car and starts it, I don't see that there can be anything wrong with the actual blade but I am wary about purchasing a transponder chip from e-bay and not sure if the Ford garage will programme it then. Thanks for any information.

Hi the transponder chip sits in the key blade, i would advise purchasing a key blade from your local ford dealer it costs around £45. I don't see why your being asked to pay for a remote as well?? just the key blade required and get them to programme it.

Hope this helps!

Hi the transponder chip sits in the key blade, i would advise purchasing a key blade from your local ford dealer it costs around £45. I don't see why your being asked to pay for a remote as well?? just the key blade required and get them to programme it.

Hope this helps!

ford will insist you need the 3 keys thats why they want you to buy another blade and a replacement remote as ford do not supply transponders seperately a auto locksmith will sort it far easier and cheaper than the dealers

Basically evan the dealer dosent like key issues on these. On the galaxy the immobaliser system could be 1 of 19 so choosing the correct system can sometimes turn into a nightmare. We prefer to clone these if possible. Usually £40 to £60 across the counter.

Very common to loose the chip on these. I would advise any owner to pull the key apart and put a dab of glue on the chip .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club