Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 1.6Tdci Cambelt Change

hawker

I've seen that the cambelt requires changing on 125,000 miles, but have heard some nightmare stories about when a cambelt snaps during driving, so I'm considering doing this soon as I'm on 97,000 miles.

Looking on Honest John, it says this about my model focus:

1.6L belt + chain cam Duratorq TDCi 109PS, Euro 3&4, 127g/km CO2, 58.9mpg combined, 116mph, 0-60 10.6 secs

what exactly is chain driven?

I assume whatever this is, the chain never needs replacing?

I've seen that the cambelt requires changing on 125,000 miles, but have heard some nightmare stories about when a cambelt snaps during driving, so I'm considering doing this soon as I'm on 97,000 miles.

Looking on Honest John, it says this about my model focus:

1.6L belt + chain cam Duratorq TDCi 109PS, Euro 3&4, 127g/km CO2, 58.9mpg combined, 116mph, 0-60 10.6 secs

what exactly is chain driven?

I assume whatever this is, the chain never needs replacing?

The DLD-416 (or DV6) is a 1.6 L (1560 cc/95 cu in) 90hp or 110hp version also used by Ford, Mazda, Volvo, Mini, Peugeot and Citroën. This particular engine was designed by Peugeot engineers on behalf of PSA and Ford. Due to high demand, it is currently (2008) being produced in both France and England.

it means there are 2 versions of this engine one was chain driven which were the older models and the newer was changed to a beklt drive by the sound of it youre belt driven its also been said 80k is about right try ford you may be surprised that they are as well periced as independant

Thanks Art.

My local Ford wanted £475 for cambelt change, so I'm giving that a swerve and taking it to my independent for £250 a week tomorrow.

Thanks Art.

My local Ford wanted £475 for cambelt change, so I'm giving that a swerve and taking it to my independent for £250 a week tomorrow.

Its amazing how prices vary, I asked my local Ford dealer a few months back for the price of a cambelt change and I was quoted £269!Indendent prices were about £230 ish.

Thanks Art.

Your local Ford seem a right load of tossers, what with £1500 DPF replacements. What group does it belong to then we all know to give them a wide berth. I'd challenge them or even contact Ford about their wild over the odds pricing if I was you mate.

can do you a genuine kit for £100 delivered if thats any help mate

can do you a genuine kit for £100 delivered if thats any help mate

Thanks mate. The £250 was including fitting, and my independent said its around £100 for the belt plus kit. I've used this garage many times in the past and seem to be very good and trustworthy. Thanks again though.

Catch: we have 2 dealers in Cardiff. Fordthorne, and Evans Halshaw. Both seem to be expensive, but Evans Halshaw even more so compared to Fordthorne. Fordthorne quoted £280 for cambelt (£475 Halshaw) £1100 for DPF (£1572 Halshaw), and I'm having my Eolys fluid replaced with computer reset at Fordthorne tomorrow for £100 which isn't that bad considering the price of just the fluid. Evans Halshaw quoted £350 for this! :blink:

I'll stick to my independent for the cambelt change though. £30 is £30!

Thanks mate. The £250 was including fitting, and my independent said its around £100 for the belt plus kit. I've used this garage many times in the past and seem to be very good and trustworthy. Thanks again though.

Catch: we have 2 dealers in Cardiff. Fordthorne, and Evans Halshaw. Both seem to be expensive, but Evans Halshaw even more so compared to Fordthorne. Fordthorne quoted £280 for cambelt (£475 Halshaw) £1100 for DPF (£1572 Halshaw), and I'm having my Eolys fluid replaced with computer reset at Fordthorne tomorrow for £100 which isn't that bad considering the price of just the fluid. Evans Halshaw quoted £350 for this! :blink:

I'll stick to my independent for the cambelt change though. £30 is £30!

Yes your definitely not being done @ £100, and the cam belt price is reasonable. OK £350 outlay but just think of those long deep slumbers you will be getting every night :D

Yes your definitely not being done @ £100, and the cam belt price is reasonable. OK £350 outlay but just think of those long deep slumbers you will be getting every night :D

Yes indeed catch.

I really like this Focus when its not breaking down on me!

And I hope these 2 jobs will help keep it that way.

:)

By the way, as I've mentioned, I'm getting the cambelt changed on Wed.

Should I also have the aux belt done at the same time as it has the same service interval as the cambelt?

I think I might as well, seeing as it has to come off when the cambelt is changed, so it would save me money on labour in the long term.

Ok you lot, you've talked me into it! :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club