Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Small But Annoying Problem

nathdonn

I do a lot of driving and get neck pain. I looked in my handbook for my 06 plate tdci mondeo and it states that you can adjujst the angle of the headrest. However it only seems to move up and down and not forward and back despite using force? Any ideas anybody!

cheers

Nathan

I do a lot of driving and get neck pain. I looked in my handbook for my 06 plate tdci mondeo and it states that you can adjujst the angle of the headrest. However it only seems to move up and down and not forward and back despite using force? Any ideas anybody!

cheers

Nathan

On my 2001 Ghia X the drivers head restraint angles back and forth, but the passanger side does not, maybe they have become swapped over in your car? See if the passenger one will?

Cheers!

Sorry but these days they are known as are head-restraints not headrests and you can seldom adjust them other than up or down.

This is to give you a more safe/solid restraint for your head in an accident, in older cars where you could angle the restraint there was a high chance the locking mechanism would fail causing you a more serious injury.

No doubt injury lawyers for anyone would then try and sue the car manufacturer (not fit for purpose) so they redesign them and most don't tip forward or backwards

But yes the ones you could tip forward were more comfortable :(

thanks for those responses. It seems weird to me that its in the manual with a diagram but you cant adjust them?!

thanks for those responses. It seems weird to me that its in the manual with a diagram but you cant adjust them?!

Maybe someone safety minded swapped it for a non tilt restraint (assuming you aren't the owner from new), or by 06 Ford changed them but elected not to go to the cost of adjusting the manual. It seemed weird to me that only the drivers one adjusted on mine, though I have mine tilted to the same angle as the non tilting passenger one anyway.

Cheers!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club