Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.8 Revving High

peten

Hi,

I have searched this forum for the answer to my problem but couldn't find anything conclusive. The mrs drives a 1999 1.8 zetec focus with 110k on the clock. The problem is consistent high revving when in between gears and really stuttery tick over sometimes stalling. the engine revs as high as 4k with the clutch depressed and sometimes ticks over at 3k even when in gear meaning the car drives itself. it sometimes cruises along at 60 without touching the acc pedal. I read that it could be the battery, we changed it about a year ago, it's a maura silver alloy, which i'm lead to believe is the correct type. I've tried the dashboard secret but it comes up with no dtc. There are so many sensors i don't want to start replacing them if i don't know for certain it's going to work. Also due its test soon so probably wont pass if its not ticking over very well! Help! Would a proper diagnostic reveal more than the dashboard test?

All replies greatly appreciated

Pete

Hi,

I have searched this forum for the answer to my problem but couldn't find anything conclusive. The mrs drives a 1999 1.8 zetec focus with 110k on the clock. The problem is consistent high revving when in between gears and really stuttery tick over sometimes stalling. the engine revs as high as 4k with the clutch depressed and sometimes ticks over at 3k even when in gear meaning the car drives itself. it sometimes cruises along at 60 without touching the acc pedal. I read that it could be the battery, we changed it about a year ago, it's a maura silver alloy, which i'm lead to believe is the correct type. I've tried the dashboard secret but it comes up with no dtc. There are so many sensors i don't want to start replacing them if i don't know for certain it's going to work. Also due its test soon so probably wont pass if its not ticking over very well! Help! Would a proper diagnostic reveal more than the dashboard test?

All replies greatly appreciated

Pete

battery is fine its the ight one ide get a diagnostic that many sensors youll save youreself cash pinpointing the exact thing thats wrong

yeah i agree with artscot, when doing the "dash trick" it only shows dtcs that exist within the HEC module (cluster) not in any of the other modules. so you should take it to a garage and get a full diagnostic done on it.

yeah i agree with artscot, when doing the "dash trick" it only shows dtcs that exist within the HEC module (cluster) not in any of the other modules. so you should take it to a garage and get a full diagnostic done on it.

thanks for the replies. i'll get a diagnostic done and report back