Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K&n Panel Filter

HeadShoT2009

Right I was able to order in a K&N panel filter from eurocarparts but they were not very knowlegable bout it I ask him if it was already oiled but he didnt know but he said that it probaly was can anyone verify this. And when i got it out it is smaller than the standard focus one( depth wise) and the folds go in the long diretion instead of the small width. So is this the correct one as it seems to fit but it seems not as deep(i gave it a test fit while in bag incase its incorrect) but on the box it says that it has more surface area but if its smaller how. Thanks in advance

Right I was able to order in a K&N panel filter from eurocarparts but they were not very knowlegable bout it I ask him if it was already oiled but he didnt know but he said that it probaly was can anyone verify this. And when i got it out it is smaller than the standard focus one( depth wise) and the folds go in the long diretion instead of the small width. So is this the correct one as it seems to fit but it seems not as deep(i gave it a test fit while in bag incase its incorrect) but on the box it says that it has more surface area but if its smaller how. Thanks in advance

having one of these myself, it does sound like the correct one. IIRC these do also come pre oiled.

My air filter is due for renewal. Is it worth the extra money for a K&N Panel? Ive never really heard from anyone whos put one on a focus. Does it make a difference to the noise of the car?

My air filter is due for renewal. Is it worth the extra money for a K&N Panel? Ive never really heard from anyone whos put one on a focus. Does it make a difference to the noise of the car?

yea good question, I want to get one for mine, can you get them for the diesel.

makes no difference to the noise. more airflow is in the material and the way its weaved if you look at the paper filter put it to youre mouth and try to blow through it youll find it difficult do the same with the k and n and youll see the difference it is smaller depth wise simply because of the way its weaved remember the ford one is a big rubber edge and then folded paper the k and n has a smaller edge and its not folded paer so it has more surface area the guys at k and n know there stuff and each filter is tested and made for the car and yep its preoiled in the packet

Thanks for the quick reply stef123 I'll upload a picture of it when i get home as it wont allow me to from my iPhone 3gs. As for the other two question there are reusable you buy a kit and was it and then oil it( it says you can leave it 50,000 miles between but i wouldnt 25k at most) and for diesel im not sure try searching on demon tweeks or if you have a eurocarparts go in and ask coz if they make one for diesel it will be cheaper from eurocarparts than demon tweeks as mine was

makes no difference to the noise. more airflow is in the material and the way its weaved if you look at the paper filter put it to youre mouth and try to blow through it youll find it difficult do the same with the k and n and youll see the difference it is smaller depth wise simply because of the way its weaved remember the ford one is a big rubber edge and then folded paper the k and n has a smaller edge and its not folded paer so it has more surface area the guys at k and n know there stuff and each filter is tested and made for the car and yep its preoiled in the packet

on mine it has made a slight difference to the noise but on the outside of the car, its not really audible on the inside. i agree with the rest of the above though :)

you can get them brand new on eBay for £20..... K&N are a top quality brand an have something like a million mile warranty,, an dont have to get repleaced when serviced....................

you can get them brand new on ebay for £20..... K&N are a top quality brand an have something like a million mile warranty,, an dont have to get repleaced when serviced....................

Unless of course you dont tell the garage in which case the will most likely remove it and replace it with one of their own. :angry:

To be honest I wouldnt bother… you gain no noticeable bhp, any induction noise is minimal and the O.E. spec filters are easier to remove and clean - and cheaper to replace.

...save your cash for something more useful :)

i bought one on eBay for £15 just waiting on it to arrive, is it easy to put in nd whats the best tool to use to open the filter box on car as it seems to be a strange shaped screw thing?

i bought one on ebay for £15 just waiting on it to arrive, is it easy to put in nd whats the best tool to use to open the filter box on car as it seems to be a strange shaped screw thing?

star shaped screw head? more than likely a torx head

yeah is a star like thing not like the star screw driver but staryish lol, oh and what on earth is a torx head im useless with this kind of stuff? :lol:

how the hell do you fit this thing and where does it go? it looks massive and am not sure where it goes? also i think it may be the wrong one i got this one http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2877 but after more research i think i should have got this one http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=E-2993 can anyone please advise????

Unless of course you don’t tell the garage in which case the will most likely remove it and replace it with one of their own. :angry:

To be honest I wouldn’t bother… you gain no noticeable bhp, any induction noise is minimal and the O.E. spec filters are easier to remove and clean - and cheaper to replace.

...save your cash for something more useful :)

oh i got supplied a K&N branded sticker saying do not replace air filter.. in the air box :P !

but yeah not noticeable speed or sound really... mpg has gone up by about 3mpg tho....?!!

Here are the pictures that I said I would upload, does this look like it is the correct replacement. And messi do you mean you get 3 more mpg or 3 less mpg.

post-7744-128161531722_thumb.jpg

post-7744-128161535256_thumb.jpg

post-7744-128161539608_thumb.jpg

post-7744-128161543106_thumb.jpg

Here are the pictures that I said I would upload, does this look like it is the correct replacement. And messi do you mean you get 3 more mpg or 3 less mpg.

looks fine to me pop it in if it firts the box then its the right one they arent meant to be as deep as the original the paper one is only deep because of the way the paper is folded thats the only reason the k and n is a totally different material and design and looks normal

on average about 3 more mpg

oh i got supplied a K&N branded sticker saying do not replace air filter.. in the air box :P !

but yeah not noticeable speed or sound really... mpg has gone up by about 3mpg tho....?!!

Whilst a sticker will help I’ll be very surprised if when you get your car serviced you aren’t still charged for a filter. Most garages have a ‘fix price service’ policy and whilst it wont show on your bill I doubt if you will get a reduction in cost for them not having to supply an air filter.

...I'm surprised your mpg has gone up, it usually goes down with the driver pressing the gas pedal trying to get that induction roar noise :D :D