Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Problem

gwilly

hi,

Ive just bought a 05 plate fiesta zetec climate and my car seems to have a general fault when it comes to starting. It drives like a dream its only happens when I start the car up from standing still. I want to get it fixed asap.

This is what happens:

1. I start the car as normal

2. The car kicks in ticks over for 5-10 seconds and dies, pumping the fuel pedal doesnt help as it dies

3. I try again - the lights on the dashboard enable as usual but engine diesnt kick in

4. I pop the bonnet and use the manual pump

5. I have my foot flat on the accelerator and try starting it again and it kicks in

6. It is then normal

I have noticed that if im parked facing down hill the problem isnt there only when facing uphill, any suggestions of how i can fix these? and rough cost im happy to do the work myself

any help appreciated

cheers

- gwilly

sounds like you could have a problem with the fuel anti return valve or an air ingress problem which is allowing the fuel to drain back to the tank,check the connections at the fuel filter, its the common place for air to get into the system.

• 3 weeks later...

The problem might be due to poor connection of fuel pressure sensor.Replace the tin connector with a gold electrical connector. Most likely its the fuel or fuel filter problem. The gas tank might also be the problem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club