Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Broken Bolt Removal

ragamuffin

i had a strange rattle which i failed to ID an now the altonator has fallen off resulting in a broken bolt in the block. has anyone had any experience in removing a bolt like this. i'd like to know if there is a way to remove it without using an easy out because i have herd lots of horror storys of them breaking and leaving the owner up the kyber without a paddle or a pot to !Removed! in.

i had a strange rattle which i failed to ID an now the altonator has fallen off resulting in a broken bolt in the block. has anyone had any experience in removing a bolt like this. i'd like to know if there is a way to remove it without using an easy out because i have herd lots of horror storys of them breaking and leaving the owner up the kyber without a paddle or a pot to !Removed! in.

st a thought mole grips

Hi Ragamuffin

drill a hole in what is left & use a stud extractor.

tom

the only reason they snap is because people use too small an extractor for the bolt that has to be removed.

the only reason they snap is because people use too small an extractor for the bolt that has to be removed.

I agree and disagree with that, yes using too a small extractor will probably leave you in more trouble but depending on how corroded the bolt is could mean that even the biggest easy out will snap. we see this alot at work but then salt water is a nightmare.

if there is a bit sticking out, as said above go for mole grips. if there isnt then personally i would drill out the old bolt and tap a new thread...

you could try the easy out and if it doesnt feel like its going to budge then back off before it snaps.

could you get us a pic?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club