Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knock Sensor. Has My Car Got One?

starfield

apparently yes it has if its the 123 bhp duratech unit according to Haynes manual via a friend, im not 100% on this so have a look, it should be located on the right hand side of the cam cover near the top of the ignition leads, your looking for a small black plastic unit about the size of a small match box attached to the head with a multi-plug connected to it, hope this helps.

i am assuming the car has got a knock sensor. here is the next question:

has the car got variable valve timing?

Hi starfield

have a look at the thread " TO VCT OR NOT TO VCT " two posts up from this one, i have talked scoby through this very same question, you will find the answer there mate.

Hi starfield

have a look at the thread " TO VCT OR NOT TO VCT " two posts up from this one, i have talked scoby through this very same question, you will find the answer there mate.

but scoby is referring to the 1.6, i have got a 1.8

Hi Starfield

Doesn't matter what the engine size is, on duratech petrol engines with TI-VCT you will see the four sensors on the cam cover, if they are not there then its not a TI-VCT engine.

Take a picture of the engine and post it here if your unsure.

Hi Starfield

Doesn't matter what the engine size is, on duratech petrol engines with TI-VCT you will see the four sensors on the cam cover, if they are not there then its not a TI-VCT engine.

Take a picture of the engine and post it here if your unsure.

I can see four thick wires or cables on the right hand side of the engine. they are near the top.

i have taken a few pics from my camera phone. i hope the resolution is ok and will shed some light.

post-13248-128542109848_thumb.jpg

post-13248-128542112057_thumb.jpg

post-13248-128542114167_thumb.jpg

post-13248-128542116206_thumb.jpg

post-13248-1285421207_thumb.jpg

post-13248-128542124644_thumb.jpg

post-13248-128542128179_thumb.jpg

Hi Starfield

im 100% certain that this engine is not a TI-VCT unit (has no variable cam timing), sorry if this disappoints you mate.

Hi Starfield

im 100% certain that this engine is not a TI-VCT unit (has no variable cam timing), sorry if this disappoints you mate.

what are those 4 cables / wires on the right end of the engine?

Judging from the pics they look like vac pipes, are they rubber or metal pipes ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club