Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad Condensation On Windows....

blinggully

Hiya guys,

Last few days I am getting really bad condensation on my windscreen and the rear one and also on the other windows sometimes. Even after 30 minutes of driving with the temp setting on the warmest with the windscreen/feet option used it clear the drivers side just about but then its either steamed up on the other windows or there are droplets all on the inside. Aint gotta clue why this but it does my head in. I have tried all different setting and its not as if my air is cold cuz it does come out quite warm. I even use the two heated screens option but that tends to take ages and on the rear hardly do anything. Any ideas??? Or maybe I shouldnt be gettin the condensation in the first place??? Oh by the way my air con is empty but I dont switch that on.

Thanks.

Check for a water leak in the car. Feel all of the carpets, especially in the boot. Water leaking in the car can cause a lot of condensation.

I once had this happen with a Mk2 mondeo ad found it was the heater matrix that had a pin prick hole in it and was effectively puttig a slight mist of steam into the car causing it to mist all the windows up.

Check for a water leak in the car. Feel all of the carpets, especially in the boot. Water leaking in the car can cause a lot of condensation.

As above and also check for any water sitting in the spare wheel well

+1 check for a water leak on the footwells and boot. It could be due to a dodgy door seal or a poor joint between two panels

Cheers guys,

Well right hand side of my boot carpet was soaking and stinkin so I took that out and job done......doesnt seem to have water in the spare wheel bit tho so where would it come from as the side of the boot (above the right wheel) is a bit wet 3/4 down!!! Also where my lazy right foot sits above accelerater was a little wet but only a small patch and I could feel it any higher or off the panels so not sure if it was just my foot or coming from underneath. Any thoughts???

easiest way of finding the boot leak is to climb in ther (with the shelf out) and get somebody to hose the back end down including under the wheel arch not to sure about the front damp but I'd try the same thing as the boot test first