Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help!! 6000Cd Removal??? Bloody Removal Keys!!

valleyboy

Evening All,

Trying to get the evil ford 6000cd out of the wifes 57 plate focus and fit this i bought off ebay-

IPOD CABLE

It came with 4 very thin dodgy looking keys that do not look like they are OEM (offical ford keys) same as these....

11E8PLH7RAL._SL500_.jpg

anyway i have tried every possible way of inserting them, curved side inwards and the other way around but nothing still wont budge.

the two top keys go all the way in and 'seem' to click but when i pull they just slide out!!

i have read loads of posts on the web and one guy rekcons you dont need the keys you have to unclip the silver surround and then it exposes 4 screws?! but if this was true why would there be 4 removal slots??

i think im going to buy this ford satnav/dvd anyway

ford dvd/satnav

and ask the local stereo place to fit it... maybe.

any thoughts on the above?

cheers for any help!

Evening All,

Trying to get the evil ford 6000cd out of the wifes 57 plate focus and fit this i bought off ebay-

IPOD CABLE

It came with 4 very thin dodgy looking keys that do not look like they are OEM (offical ford keys) same as these....

11E8PLH7RAL._SL500_.jpg

anyway i have tried every possible way of inserting them, curved side inwards and the other way around but nothing still wont budge.

the two top keys go all the way in and 'seem' to click but when i pull they just slide out!!

i have read loads of posts on the web and one guy rekcons you dont need the keys you have to unclip the silver surround and then it exposes 4 screws?! but if this was true why would there be 4 removal slots??

i think im going to buy this ford satnav/dvd anyway

ford dvd/satnav

and ask the local stereo place to fit it... maybe.

any thoughts on the above?

cheers for any help!

try this site on how to remove your radio http://www.fitaudio.com/

cheers for the post, sadly i found that link a while back, still can't get the damn thing out!

i think half the problem is not wanting to go rambo on it and wreck the stereo/fascia :rolleyes:

cheers for the post, sadly i found that link a while back, still can't get the damn thing out!

i think half the problem is not wanting to go rambo on it and wreck the stereo/fascia :rolleyes:

sorry then maybe some of the fiesta members can help you out!

• 4 months later...

i've managed to find a nice way to do this

insert the keys .. and what you have to do is like angle the keys in and then pull the base out

angling the keys in helps flick the catches on the back

i should film it and post a video ... can't find ANYWHERE

• 3 years later...

I have the same problem! but I put the keys in on the right hand correctly but on the left side I cannot get the top left key in at all as I think there is a broken off key in there and I have put the bottom left key in the wrong way round.

So now I have one key that will not go in at all and three keys that are in and won't come back out.

Any ideas even if it means breaking the radio and getting another from a scrapper?

• 2 months later...

I have removed a few 6000cds now with these word meaning children born out of wedlock... I'll post a photo of what they look like now.

You pop the keys in (flat bit facing away from radio) and they should lock in place. From what I recall (it's 5am and I can't sleep brain) you pull the key towards the car doors rather than the boot and this levers the pin that holds it in place.

If all else fails... Put keys in till they lock.. Then get some pliers and pull like hell towards the boot. Always works for me and always secures back when I have the serial number I usually take these out for the radio code

Focus mk3.5

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club