Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Leak

daz32

hi has any one got any ideas why deisel is leaking out of breather pipe on fuel tank on my 1.8 tdci? A garage removed tank and said it was leaking from breather pipe,they say i have over filled the tank,,however i have not it only had about 20 liters in it,and has done it again, it doesnt do it all the time.Has any one had this trouble before?any advice much appreciated. thanx very much.

• 8 months later...

i had this problem i noticed it when i had finished filling up i had only half a tank in so i took a look under neath where it was coming from and it was dripping from a pipe under neath i assume this is the breather pipe all i did to stop it was to twist the pipe upwards the is a little clip that it attaches to swivel it up so the hole is pointing upward it stopped the leak and never had the problem again i think whats happening is when you fill up fuel is passing over the hole just inside the filler pipe and it fills the pipe usually this wouldn't matter but if your pipe has come off its little clip and is pointing down gravity draws it through and it spills its not a fault really just dare i say it bad design

• 2 weeks later...