Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Supply Your Own Parts.

nistelrooy

Hi all, just before christmas my alternator gave up the ghost. Quite frightening really as I had just upgraded my headlights to HID. Thought this had shagged my electrics. HID tends to strobe when the alternator goes!! However got it towed to a Ford authorised dealer, Motorsave in Pendlebury, Salford. Thet wanted £300 plus for the alternator, £30 for a fuel filter and £97 plus vat for the fuel filter sensor. With fitting totalled £704. When jaw lifted off floor and tears dried, I told them I'd have a crack myself, as the alternator is easy to get at and the fuel filter and sensor easy targets too. He told me that if I supplied the parts myself he'd fit them all for £160. Not too bad i Thought. The mercury had dropped, the wind had got up and rain was not in short supply in November. eBay it was. Brand new alternator (not recon) £125 delivered, fuel filter £7 inc delivery and a scrap sensor £40 inc delivery too. You do the maths!!! They were quick too.

Just shows how a little searching saves nearly £400

Paul

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club