Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mystery Part

plwsm

I just picked up a new Focus Titanium (2 days ago) and while I was reversing on the drive tonight, this part fell on my foot from somewhere under the steering column. Does anyone recognize this part? Is it important?

Thankspost-19930-0-49928400-1296164122_thumb.j

Phil

I just picked up a new Focus Titanium (2 days ago) and while I was reversing on the drive tonight, this part fell on my foot from somewhere under the steering column. Does anyone recognize this part? Is it important?

Thankspost-19930-0-49928400-1296164122_thumb.j

Phil

Nope, I'd whip it back to the dealers. Does not fill you with confidence when bits start dropping off it after two days, does it.

Welcome to the forum :)

I dont think its a "part" as such, I think its a tool? It looks like its used for moving the coloumns or something? Im presuming that it has a handle with finger grips on the right side of the picture, and so it was probably left there by someone who put the car together...

What is the part number on the handle, I can see its there but cant quite make it out on that picture?

I would be surprised if it is a genuine required "part", because why would Ford put a part on there that has a nice handle that would make its customers lives easier? (or its mechanics lives for that matter!)

Let us know what the findings are!

I must admit I was perplexed by the fact it appears to have a hand grip on it.

jeebowhite the wife has cousins in Strood, Gillingham, and the Isle of Grain. They were born in Yorkshire but their father got a job working at the BP refinery on the Isle of Grain. He nearly tempted me down there, as he said management liked Northern bred workers, because they were not as lazy and soft as Southerners :P ;)

I remember years ago removing the front springs on a Lada Riva and finding a pair of pliers that had been left there probably when it was built.

I must admit I was perplexed by the fact it appears to have a hand grip on it.

jeebowhite the wife has cousins in Strood, Gillingham, and the Isle of Grain. They were born in Yorkshire but their father got a job working at the BP refinery on the Isle of Grain. He nearly tempted me down there, as he said management liked Northern bred workers, because they were not as lazy and soft as Southerners :P ;)

Strange you say that, as I am a northern lad myself ;) born in Teeside (where we hung monkeys) and I now work down here... I have to say I cant find a part of your comment to disagree with ;)

More on topic, I dont think it will be too bad, but take it down, and watch the embarassment on Ford's face when they realise that some tool has left his tool inside your car! :P

I recently found a 10 year old mobile phone behind the centre dashboard of my mk1 focus!

I recently found a 10 year old mobile phone behind the centre dashboard of my mk1 focus!

Treasure Trove ??

Is there a part number such as 4m51-18k939-ab or alike

It's got to be some kind of tool because like someone above has said that is definitely a handle with a grip.

So thats where I left it, is there any credit left on it? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is there a part number such as 4m51-18k939-ab or alike

Hi fordpartsman. It's labelled "4M51-3C734-BD BXMEB" and is made of plastic. I spoke to the dealer about it but he is still trying to find out what it is. I'll post his response when I get it.

Thanks for all your inputs so far.

Phil

I did check the ford etis website and tried googling the various part numbers, but nothing can be found. email Ford @Parts Plus - with the part number and ask them to look into the part number, they should be able to advise.

I would expect Ford will get back to you in the new year...

• 6 months later...

Hi PLWSM,

Guess wot I found in my boot after purchasing a 2008 Focus TDCI two weeks ago??

Yes the very same part.....I took it back to the dealer (general car sales)and he said it look like something of a golf cart (idiot)

Since January have you been able to find out what it is and where it come from off your car???

I am just as baffled <_<

I've got a dead spider in my 3rd brake light he has been there scence i bought my fiesta mk5 back in 2008 god knows how long it been their before i got it lol.

GPS Tracker?:D

Straight to Yazuma Mobile with that one mate :)

I once received a wooden crate with a consignment of machine parts. The lid was hammered shut and when I opened the crate the hammer was inside !!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club