Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slightly Over-Revving

Bianconero

Hi all, enjoying my 2007 Focus nicely but it over-revs slightly, sits just below 1000rpm when idling, and when driving I find I don't have to press too hard on the accelerator as it tends to pull away on it's own. Most cars I've owned idle around 700-750. It's under Ford warranty but I can't be bothered taking it back for what's probably an easy adjustment. So can anyone please give me easy instructions on how to adjust the idle?

Thanks.

is this a constant Idle? I think 750 - 900 revs is normal overall, so Ford may not even worry about it?

Yeah it's constantly around the 900 mark apart from start-up when it sits on 1000. It just feels like it's racing away all the time, suppose thats better than being slug-ish lol, but I'm also wondering if it's going to be burning too much petrol.

Yeah it's constantly around the 900 mark apart from start-up when it sits on 1000. It just feels like it's racing away all the time, suppose thats better than being slug-ish lol, but I'm also wondering if it's going to be burning too much petrol.

when warm it should be 700-750 diesels 850 900 seems a bit high its ecu controlled so you cant adjust it youreself unless adjusting the throttle stop a small screw next to the throttle intake where the accelerator cable feeds to which can explain the overrevving however it could also be the idle control valve so instead of weasting money and time ide have it checked or replace the idle control valve first

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club